Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
NBA refs are brutal. If your a "star" player or your just on a "good" team or a team thats ahead in a series the refs are like a forefeild around the player and his team.

It's a joke.

MC KAos

Reaction score
http://i171.***BLOCKED***/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2077046 said:
http://i171.***BLOCKED***/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

He'd look good on the dive team.
olympic-diver.jpg

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
next time you are walking in a semi crowded area, and someone accidently nudges you...throw your body into a helicopter spin and then fall down......then when everyone stares you down, laughs, or says anything....just get up and loudly say, "I'm ok, just had a Chris Paul moment"

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
If Chris "No Balls" Paul was poked hed go down and the refs would issue a technical foul.

kristie

Reaction score
Biggems;2077288 said:
next time you are walking in a semi crowded area, and someone accidently nudges you...throw your body into a helicopter spin and then fall down......then when everyone stares you down, laughs, or says anything....just get up and loudly say, "I'm ok, just had a Chris Paul moment"

:lmao:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2077282 said:
Yeah cause Oberto hit him hard enough to do 1080 and then fall down like a wuss.

Dreadnought;2077306 said:
If Chris "No Balls" Paul was poked hed go down and the refs would issue a technical foul.

sounds a lot like you're describing the biggest flopper in the league......Ginobli

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rampage;2077738 said:
sounds a lot like you're describing the biggest flopper in the league......Ginobli

Manu wishes he could flop with the prowess of Chris Paul

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;2077738 said:

have you been watching the series? objectively?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2078011 said:
have you been watching the series? objectively?
yes i know that paul exagerrates it so does Lebron and so does ginobli. but manu is the worst.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;2078015 said:
yes i know that paul exagerrates it so does Lebron and so does ginobli. but manu is the worst.

i can tell you, with all honesty, that paul is THE worst i have ever seen. vlade would be second, nash third and then manu/oberto.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2078020 said:
i can tell you, with all honesty, that paul is THE worst i have ever seen. vlade would be second, nash third and then manu/oberto.
i haven't seen enough of paul yet. they just started getting national televised games this year cause they got good. vlade was def. bad with it. but i saw manu flop up by 20 against the suns in game 3 or 4 with 4 seconds left. that just solidifies he's #1 to me. I really hate that part of the game as a whole. it's getting old ya know?

MC KAos

Reaction score
i agree, they need to do something about it. i dont think they can make it a foul because it would put WAY too much control on the refs, its not like they dont already have a gross amount of say in the outcome already. i think the best thing to do is have them not call a flop if they think its one, and then the league reviews it. If they find it was a flop, they give them a massive fine and a technical (after 15 technicals its a suspension i think, plus the fine that comes with technicals).

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
From a Raptors fan perspective. Carlos Delfino is the biggest flopper in the NBA. Hes also Argentinian, coincidence? I think not. Even though I don't believe Ginobili is the biggest flopper.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dreadnought;2078083 said:
From a Raptors fan perspective. Carlos Delfino is the biggest flopper in the NBA. Hes also Argentinian, coincidence? I think not. Even though I don't believe Ginobili is the biggest flopper.

i think bill land said it best during game 3. It comes from european style basketball, which is influenced by the flopping in soccer. Now with all the players in the league coming over from euro leagues it has kinda become contagious and everyone seems to be doing it. the thing is that at least in soccer you can get a yellow card for flopping and the refs get fined for calling a foul on a flop.

My problem with CP3 in particular is that he is SUPER ridiculous with his flopping, complains about EVERYTHING, points at people on every play and he doesnt need to be doing that. my best analogy is that we all know players complain to the officials, but its so sad to see a great player complain AND flop. imagine kobe, tim, lebron, etc being floppers, it would just be ridiculous. Its one of the reasons i still think deron williams is the better player, that and the fact that deron destroys him on most of the times they play each other.

No doubt he is an amazing player though. I like how he also yells at his players when they complain, it makes me smile, i just wish he realized he is doing the worst. maybe he does it to protect his players from doing it and making himself kinda the spokesman for the team to refs. its kind of what tim does, since refs will only listen to the stars. I just wish he wouldnt flop so much, i think he does it with the spurs more because he knows bowen is a marked man with the officials and he can get him in foul trouble.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I really don't see how it benefits us (Spurs fans) to start complaining about flopping or complaining about calls. It invites unpleasant comparisons.

Paul does look somewhat foolish with some of these, but I'm not going to say he's any worse than a lot of the players in the league today.

I think flop smack talk just sounds like excuse making.