Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
i just hope we can get past the lakers, i dont like that matchup. but if we somehow beat the lakers we will win the finals!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2087672 said:
Man as a Spurs fan before the game I really thought we where going to be in trouble it was nice to finally see them come out focused in the 3rd qtr for once

I think the best move which I called for after game one was to bench Finely he been pretty bad this playoffs

ya, udoka needs to get more minutes, that guy is ballin' hard right now

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;2087674 said:
i just hope we can get past the lakers, i dont like that matchup. but if we somehow beat the lakers we will win the finals!!

What's not to like?

We've beaten them with Shaq, we sure as hell can beat them with Pau.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;2087663 said:
The NBA Championship is ours for the taking now!

Bowen is the original Kobe-stopper. We all know what Pau does against the Spurs. I'll be generous and give the Lakers 2 games and say we win in 6.

Now that we've beaten the second best team in the NBA, I PRAY that the Celtics make it past the Pistons so we can spank their overrated arses in the Finals.

:pray: Please :pray: let :pray: us :pray: get :pray: the :pray: Celtics :pray:
:laugh2: he's had some good games against Kobe but Kobe has also had huge games against bowen. i'm gonna look forward to seeing the san antonio foreigners vs the Lakers

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Nors;2082580 said:
My New Orleans Utah prediction months back not looking so bad today

:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: :shoot5: :shoot6: :shatfan: :tongue: :omg: :rake: :clubbed: :blind: :abuseme: :spanking: :nana: :nono2: :angryno: :grin: :gassy2: :gassy1: :huh: :enough: :grin2: :stupid: :moon:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2087681 said:
What's not to like?

just a bad feeling, but it was the same with game seven and we know how that went

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;2087686 said:
:laugh2: he's had some good games against Kobe but Kobe has also had huge games against bowen. i'm gonna look forward to seeing the san antonio foreigners vs the Lakers

i think its pretty evident that bowen has been as close to a "kobe stopper" as anyone could be. even kobe has said multiple times that kobe is the person that plays him the best. Having said that, "stoping kobe" is really limiting him to 25 points, haha, so bowen will do as good as job on kobe as is humanly possible

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rampage;2087686 said:

OK, no one "shuts down" Kobe, but Bowen plays him as well as anyone.

After facing Amare and David West, I'm welcoming Pau.

Once again, the Western Conference finals is the REAL finals. Does anyone other than Nors think the Celts can compete with the West winner?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Nors;2087699 said:
Nice road win San Antonio

Lets the games begin!

Thanks Nors. I really hope to see your Celts in the Finals... even though you've written us off several times this playoffs.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;2087689 said:
just a bad feeling, but it was the same with game seven and we know how that went

Hey, I'm one of the biggest pessimists generally, but I love our chances from here on out. Of course, I have had several beers tonight! :p: :p: :p:

I also sunk a 40 foot putt earlier today, so I'm also feeling a bit lucky!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Spurs will destroy the Celtics in the Finals....in 5 games.

Nors better hope the Lakers win the West.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2087703 said:
Hey, I'm one of the biggest pessimists generally, but I love our chances from here on out. Of course, I have had several beers tonight! :p: :p: :p:

I also sunk a 40 foot putt earlier today, so I'm also feeling a bit lucky!

well, i knew it was a good day when me (im 5'10", well built) my 16 year old cousin ( 5'8", super skinny but very athletic) my 13 year old cousin (maybe 5'4") and my pregnant girlfriend (5'4" or 5'5") beat the starter for the varsity high school team where i went to school (he is 6'3" and faster than all of us) and his friends, who were much bigger than everyone but me, it was awesome, my gf even score on one kid! and my little cousin hit 3 three pointers, of course, i dominated down low and had 75% of our points but hey, we won!! good times

MC KAos

Reaction score
did anyone else realize these are the four teams with the most championships besides the bulls? freaking 37 combined championships!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;2087702 said:
Thanks Nors. I really hope to see your Celts in the Finals... even though you've written us off several times this playoffs.

Biggems;2087709 said:
The Spurs will destroy the Celtics in the Finals....in 5 games.

Nors better hope the Lakers win the West.
the celts aren't gonna get past the rested hungry pistons.

rkstevens

Reaction score
Danny White;2087681 said:
What's not to like?

I seem to remember the Lakers with Shaq beating the Spurs in the playoffs several times... 3 out of 4? Including the last time they met? Seems like the Lakers might consider this a favorable match up as well.

MC KAos

Reaction score
rkstevens;2087727 said:
I seem to remember the Lakers with Shaq beating the Spurs in the playoffs several times... 3 out of 4? Including the last time they met? Seems like the Lakers might consider this a favorable match up as well.

3 out of 4? ya, or 2 for the spurs and 3 for the lakers, but whatever

MC KAos

Reaction score
saw this at spursreport, thought id share it with yall, its hillarious!

1zxmj53.gif

rkstevens

Reaction score
MC KAos;2087728 said:
3 out of 4? ya, or 2 for the spurs and 3 for the lakers, but whatever

I didn't even mean to leave out that one... I had looked it up on Wikipedia just to verify my memory and it didn't mention it. I should have checked a better source. They did beat the Lakers in the playoffs in that lockout-shortened season.