Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MC KAos;2087729 said:
1zxmj53.gif

Now that's good. I'm a little worried about Sasha in the backseat though.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ajk23az;2081445 said:
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hornets :D

DCgirl13;2081790 said:
Yeah no more of this boring crap that San Antonio calls basketball. So I'm rooting for the Hornets, big deal.

Rowdy;2086138 said:
Sure you still have the Championship banners and that is always a great consolation but for this year alone, you guys got owned (maybe) a month later then the Suns. I want the Hornets to win

:lmao2:

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Damn, the ultimate situation that I didn't want to happen has happened (Spurs vs. Lakers and Pistons vs. Celtics). :doh: I was sick yesterday and didn't get to watch the game, but my Mom said that SA played really well. Congrats Spurs for contributing to boring basketball. :eek:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Night on the tarmac

By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports

When the San Antonio Spurs eliminated the New Orleans Hornets from the playoffs Monday night, they figured the hard part of their journey to the Western Conference finals was over.
Turns out it was only beginning.
In one of the more bizarre travel stories, the Spurs ended up spending the night on the tarmac at New Orleans airport.
The team had planned to fly to Los Angeles after the game, but arrived at the airport to find their flight had mechanical problems. With a cable convention crowding the city’s hotel rooms, the team couldn’t any place to spend the night.

Some of the players slept on the plane while others moved to buses on the tarmac.
The team left New Orleans around 6:30 a.m. And arrived in Los Angeles a few hours later. The Spurs will have only a brief shootaround on Wednesday morning before opening the conference finals against the Los Angeles Lakers that night.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DCgirl13;2088312 said:
Damn, the ultimate situation that I didn't want to happen has happened (Spurs vs. Lakers and Pistons vs. Celtics). :doh: I was sick yesterday and didn't get to watch the game, but my Mom said that SA played really well. Congrats Spurs for contributing to boring basketball. :eek:

I don't understand how the Spurs alone are boring basketball. That criticism just doesn't make sense to me. The NBA to me is mostly boring especially during the regular season. No one team seems more boring than another. There are a couple of teams that seem more exciting than others such as the Suns, but pretty much every other team does the same things. They pick and roll, they feed it to their big men, they float around the 3 point line waiting for a shot and half of the teams play defense.

The four teams left are really all just boring teams. The Lakers are a boring team with a dynamic player in Kobe. He alone changes the teams dynamics. Without him the triangle offense of the Lakers would be pretty boring.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
joseephuss;2088357 said:
I don't understand how the Spurs alone are boring basketball. That criticism just doesn't make sense to me. The NBA to me is mostly boring especially during the regular season. No one team seems more boring than another. There are a couple of teams that seem more exciting than others such as the Suns, but pretty much every other team does the same things. They pick and roll, they feed it to their big men, they float around the 3 point line waiting for a shot and half of the teams play defense.

The four teams left are really all just boring teams. The Lakers are a boring team with a dynamic player in Kobe. He alone changes the teams dynamics. Without him the triangle offense of the Lakers would be pretty boring.
Some people like throwing the "boring" label out because they've heard other people say it and it sounds like it must be true. But in reality, they just don't like the Spurs because their team always gets beat by them. So just because these fans don't like watching and/or facing the Spurs they figure the "boring" label must be accurate.

If you got an accurate definition from most of the haters, (which you won't, more often than not) what you'd find is that what they mean by "boring" is:

1) The Spurs play tough defense, they get back in transition and stop fast break points, they defend against the 3 pointer very well.

"Where's the fun in that? I like it when everyone runs around a lot and there are lots of uncontested slam dunks and behind-the-back passes."

2) Their offense is built around ball movement, both around the perimeter and in-and-out of the post... meaning their superstar(s) doesn't hog the ball and try to go one-on-one all the time to put up 40 shots in a game and try to score 50 points every night.

"That's no fun! I like watching LeBron and the Cavs because I don't have to think too much. I always know where the ball is going. Yeah LeBron! Why don't you chuck up another contested three-pointer."

3) They don't have any exciting players.

Well, they do have the best player over the past decade.

"If Duncan's so good, why don't I see him in any commercials?"

OK, they do have a driving, scoring point guard who throws his body around with abandon and is married to a hot Hollywood starlet.

"But he's French, so how interesting can he really be?"

Oh yeah, and they have Ginobili, who is one of the most unorthodox, creative players in the game today, who also plays with a fire in his belly every game of the year.

"He's a 'flopper' so that doesn't count."

"Spurs are sooooooo boring."

DCgirl13

Reaction score
joseephuss;2088357 said:

Almost all basketball teams to me are boring especially the final four left. One of the reasons that I like the Suns is because they used to be such a high speed team and it was fun to watch. Then you got teams like the Spurs who go to hack-a-shaq boring play to try and win and usually don't score over 100 points. Yawn.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Danny White;2088501 said:
Some people like throwing the "boring" label out because they've heard other people say it and it sounds like it must be true. But in reality, they just don't like the Spurs because their team always gets beat by them. So just because these fans don't like watching and/or facing the Spurs they figure the "boring" label must be accurate.

You couldn't be more wrong in your statement. Have you ever thought that not everyone is a fan of the dirty/flopping spurs?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Exhibit A:
DCgirl13;2088506 said:
Almost all basketball teams to me are boring especially the final four left. One of the reasons that I like the Suns is because they used to be such a high speed team and it was fun to watch. Then you got teams like the Spurs who go to hack-a-shaq boring play to try and win and usually don't score over 100 points. Yawn.

I rest my case. :lmao2:
DCgirl13;2088509 said:
You couldn't be more wrong in your statement. Have you ever thought that not everyone is a fan of the dirty/flopping spurs?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;2088357 said:

The four teams left are really all just boring teams. The Lakers are a boring team with a dynamic player in Kobe. He alone changes the teams dynamics. Without him the triangle offense of the Lakers would be pretty boring.[/quote]
that's not true at all. they have a good transition game, pass the ball a lot, throw down dunks and have the best player in the game.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DCgirl13;2088506 said:

This post is absolutely priceless.

I don't think even Biggems could have written a better condemnation of Suns fans and their fickle basketball tastes.

Let's parse it just for a minute here:

"Almost all basketball teams to me are boring..."

What you're essentially saying here is that you don't have an appreciation of basketball. Whatever it is that you are, it isn't a "basketball fan."

"especially the final four left"

Especially the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, and Spurs? Some of the most storied teams in the history of the NBA? The three winningest and most dominant teams in the NBA over the past decade... along with the Celtics, undoubtedly the most storied franchise in NBA history?

No, if the Suns aren't in it, it can't possibly be interesting.

"One of the reasons that I like the Suns is because they used to be such a high speed team and it was fun to watch."

You might as well have said: "I like it when everyone runs around a lot and there are lots of uncontested slam dunks and behind-the-back passes."

The Suns are to the NBA what the Arena Football League is to football.

"Then you got teams like the Spurs who go to hack-a-shaq boring play to try and win and usually don't score over 100 points."

See, what did I say? When you ask them to define "boring" they can't. Hack-a-Shaq? That was one series of basketball spread over a decade of dominance that includes 10 straight playoff runs and four championships.

Even so, Hack-a-Shaq didn't make that series "boring" for you... the Suns losing did. By most accounts, that was one of the most exciting playoff series this year.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
The three winningest and most dominant teams in the NBA over the past decade... along with the Celtics, undoubtedly the most storied franchise in NBA history?

Sorry, I don't do bandwagons. So I should like these teams because they have won the most? How about no.

You might as well have said: "I like it when everyone runs around a lot and there are lots of uncontested slam dunks and behind-the-back passes."

If that is what it is, then call me an Arena Football fan. If it weren't for the Suns, I wouldn't even watch basketball. Sorry, but I'm not going to pretend to like the teams that win every year just because I'm outnumbered on these boards.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DCgirl13;2088650 said:
Sorry, I don't do bandwagons. So I should like these teams because they have won the most? How about no.
No one says you have to root for them. But just because they're not your favorite team, it doesn't necessarily make them "boring."

DCgirl13;2088650 said:
If that is what it is, then call me an Arena Football fan. If it weren't for the Suns, I wouldn't even watch basketball.
Duly noted that you're a Suns fan, not a basketball fan.

Good luck next year, then.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Danny White;2088654 said:
No one says you have to root for them. But just because they're not your favorite team, it doesn't necessarily make them "boring."

Duly noted that you're a Suns fan, not a basketball fan.

Good luck next year, then.

Works for me. I prefer football anyway. :star:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DCgirl13;2088506 said:

I found it to be quite exciting how Pop outcoached DAntoni and how the Spurs outplayed the Nones yet again.

BTW, the Spurs scored over 100 on 3 occasions during the playoffs, compared to 2 for the Nones.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rampage;2087723 said:
the celts aren't gonna get past the rested hungry pistons.

I am rooting for the Pistons.....but here is the deal. If the Spurs get past the Lakers, I want the Celtics. We have already beaten the Pistons. I want Boston. If the Spurs can get to the Finals and then beat Boston, they will have beaten 33% of the Eastern Conference in the Finals....

NY, NJ, Detroit, Cleveland, Boston

If only we could have gotten the Heat in 06....then we could be going for 40% of the East.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Danny White;2088604 said:
This post is absolutely priceless.

I don't think even Biggems could have written a better condemnation of Suns fans and their fickle basketball tastes.

Let's parse it just for a minute here:

"Almost all basketball teams to me are boring..."

What you're essentially saying here is that you don't have an appreciation of basketball. Whatever it is that you are, it isn't a "basketball fan."

"especially the final four left"

Especially the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, and Spurs? Some of the most storied teams in the history of the NBA? The three winningest and most dominant teams in the NBA over the past decade... along with the Celtics, undoubtedly the most storied franchise in NBA history?

No, if the Suns aren't in it, it can't possibly be interesting.

"One of the reasons that I like the Suns is because they used to be such a high speed team and it was fun to watch."

"Then you got teams like the Spurs who go to hack-a-shaq boring play to try and win and usually don't score over 100 points."

See, what did I say? When you ask them to define "boring" they can't. Hack-a-Shaq? That was one series of basketball spread over a decade of dominance that includes 10 straight playoff runs and four championships.

Even so, Hack-a-Shaq didn't make that series "boring" for you... the Suns losing did. By most accounts, that was one of the most exciting playoff series this year.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: are u saying i dont have any heartwarming feelings for Nones fans?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;2088695 said:
You're making yourself look ridiculous when I said "maybe". Go back and read your own thread again.

The bitterness is just oozing.

:laugh2: