Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Biggems;2088839 said:
BTW, the Spurs scored over 100 on 3 occasions during the playoffs, compared to 2 for the Nones.

Ouch ...... facts always bite these crybabies on the butt.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Let me finish this boring argument once and for all. Below are the two categories and who fits into each category.

Spurs = boring
Spurs haters, Fans of teams the Spurs have beaten, Fans of other teams not named the Detroit Pistons, casual basketball fans with short attention spans, ESPN highlight reel junkies, fans of high scoring offenses, the mediots

Spurs = not boring
Spurs fans, Basketball purests, coaches, fans of team basketball, fans of tenacious defense, fans of unselfish selfless basketball, people opposed to these Look-at-Me-I'm-a-trash-talking-ballhog players

Neither side will ever agree with the other side. So stop arguing and trying to pursuade the other to agree with ur stance. I hasn't worked yet and it never will....just accept it for what it is.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;2088865 said:
The bitterness is just oozing.

:laugh2:

And here we go again with dejavu. Yeah, you really nailed it there. I'm disgruntled. Is basketball that much of a measure of who you are? I gave props to the Spurs but you would never show your face if you lost to the Suns. You're a hypocrite. :D

Route 66

Reaction score
This whole boring/not boring is stupid and infantile and makes no sense even discussing it. The key is to win a trophy and the Spurs have done quite well with whatever anyone wants to label it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2088501 said:
Some people like throwing the "boring" label out because they've heard other people say it and it sounds like it must be true. But in reality, they just don't like the Spurs because their team always gets beat by them. So just because these fans don't like watching and/or facing the Spurs they figure the "boring" label must be accurate.

If you got an accurate definition from most of the haters, (which you won't, more often than not) what you'd find is that what they mean by "boring" is:

1) The Spurs play tough defense, they get back in transition and stop fast break points, they defend against the 3 pointer very well.

"Where's the fun in that? I like it when everyone runs around a lot and there are lots of uncontested slam dunks and behind-the-back passes."

2) Their offense is built around ball movement, both around the perimeter and in-and-out of the post... meaning their superstar(s) doesn't hog the ball and try to go one-on-one all the time to put up 40 shots in a game and try to score 50 points every night.

"That's no fun! I like watching LeBron and the Cavs because I don't have to think too much. I always know where the ball is going. Yeah LeBron! Why don't you chuck up another contested three-pointer."

3) They don't have any exciting players.

Well, they do have the best player over the past decade.

"If Duncan's so good, why don't I see him in any commercials?"

OK, they do have a driving, scoring point guard who throws his body around with abandon and is married to a hot Hollywood starlet.

"But he's French, so how interesting can he really be?"

Oh yeah, and they have Ginobili, who is one of the most unorthodox, creative players in the game today, who also plays with a fire in his belly every game of the year.

"He's a 'flopper' so that doesn't count."

"Spurs are sooooooo boring."

DCgirl13;2088509 said:
You couldn't be more wrong in your statement. Have you ever thought that not everyone is a fan of the dirty/flopping spurs?

DCgirl13;2088506 said:
Almost all basketball teams to me are boring especially the final four left. One of the reasons that I like the Suns is because they used to be such a high speed team and it was fun to watch. Then you got teams like the Spurs who go to hack-a-shaq boring play to try and win and usually don't score over 100 points. Yawn.

Danny White;2088549 said:
Exhibit A:

I rest my case. :lmao2:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rowdy;2088916 said:
This whole boring/not boring is stupid and infantile and makes no sense even discussing it. The key is to win a trophy and the Spurs have done quite well with whatever anyone wants to label it.

post of the day

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;2088916 said:

See, you're actually a basketball fan.

You have a healthy hatred of the Spurs, as all good Suns fans should, but at least you can appreciate good basketball.

MC KAos

Reaction score
game 1 today! are the rest of you mentally prepared for the free throw discrepancy to be something like 55-12 in the lakers favors? its gonna be all series long, and part of the reason i picked the lakers to win the series

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2089649 said:
game 1 today! are the rest of you mentally prepared for the free throw discrepancy to be something like 55-12 in the lakers favors? its gonna be all series long, and part of the reason i picked the lakers to win the series
don't even watch it. just wait till game 6 or 7 to tune in. nba+$+officiating=longer series=more $

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
It's absolutely amazing how much quieter the LA crowd is as compared the NO crowd.

I don't think I've ever heard a crowd as quiet as the Laker crowd. I wonder how much of that has to do with the "wine and cheese" contingent buying up all the tickets and leaving the fans out of the building?

The Spurs crowd is always loud, but that Hornets crowd was off the hook. They were noisy from the tip to the final buzzer.

This crowd hasn't gotten off it's hands once. Weird.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Surprised the Spurs are playing this well after that last exhausting series.

Kobe is freaking awesome ....... but i get really tired of the Jordan comparisons.

Jordan is twice the player Kobe is.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
The Lakers are going to need more than 2 points from Kobe in the second half for this to be a game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What the heck has happened to Barkley?

He acts like an old Boxer or someone who has had a stroke.