Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

cowheel

Reaction score
ajk23az;2096369 said:
Me too.

When they showed that replay, i SWEAR I saw Odom get that ball a TAD before it hit the backboard.

Thats what I saw - but I thought it was just me.
And of course they didn't show it again! lol

But I believe that was a good block.

thekavorka

Reaction score
the refs were pretty cruel to the spurs. helped them out all game long, but at the very end, swallowed their whistle

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
It should have been 2 FTs and like 1.0 second left on the clock. Barry would have had to sink the two to tie it and hope we could hold them from scoring on that final shot to get to OT.

Im not so mad that they didnt call the foul tonight, though it was a foul....cause of the Spurs giving the Lakers so many second chance points....like 27 of them (killed us).

What bugs me about the foul is, if it were someone like Kobe, Wade, CP3, Lebron, etc....the whistles would have blown, and we all know it. A foul is a foul, no matter who commits it, or who is being fouled.

Props to the Lakers for a great game.....they simply outworked the Spurs on the glass and that was the difference in the game tonight.

thekavorka

Reaction score
whoaaaa

fisher's shot did hit the rim according to phil. but he's old and possibly losing his vision

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
thekavorka;2096367 said:
Is there a replay uploaded yet? other people are saying Barry may have shuffled his feet before the contact

Your right, Barry DID lift his right pivot foot before he dribbled.

Barry traveled as or before the contact happened.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2096363 said:
and the coward arrives.....i am not a violent person, but u are the only person i have ever met online that makes me want to go Philly Eagle Fan on someone (YOU)....you are an annoying, cocky, trash talking, fairweather coward.....

That is all...as of now, you have officially been put on my ignore list. you remind me of this fellow from the Cowboys board on ESPN a few years ago....if anyone here remembers a BoysR.....so I wash my hands of you.

Good day to you Captain Fairweather.

Really it's just you handing out insults and threats.

Wanna talk 3-1 Lakers over Spurs I am here. Lakers are favorites to beat Celtics/Detroit - JMO

MC KAos

Reaction score
well, i thank all you guys, spurs lovers and haters alike, this has been a good year discussing basketball with most of you. i already feel a ton times better just venting on you guys, lol. anyway it was a good year for us, we never made it this far in trying to repeat. ill come back and do a look forward at next year when the season is officially over on thursday or saturday. i just hope the celtics lose the next two games, for only one reason, i want this thread to have more posts than the celtics one, lol.

cowheel

Reaction score
thekavorka;2096382 said:
whoaaaa

fisher's shot did hit the rim according to phil. but he's old and possibly losing his vision

Yeah... I saw Fish's shot hit the rim as well.
I was yellin' at the TV why was there only 2 secs on the shot clock!!!

You can see the trajectory change and everything... thats why Horry didn't catch it...

So combine that... with the Odom block... with Timmy's charge...

I'll call that last play even and the obvious best team won!!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2096374 said:
No you don't ..... you jump to whatever team is winning.

You are the worst type of "sports fan"

"Your team" wins every sport every year.

Zrin - you are just making it up - I have 5 Dallas SB's none in 15 years, Been a Sox Fan since Jim Rice circa 1975

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2096369 said:
Me too.

When they showed that replay, i SWEAR I saw Odom get that ball a TAD before it hit the backboard.

ok u saw the replay...in live game speed it was a goaltend. It was a breakaway play and the refs were running down the floor as well...a bang bang play like that, I think the refs did a good job.

if there was instant replay, the call may have been reversed, unfortunately the NBA doesnt have instant replay for those types of plays.

There is one thing that has bugged me all series.....Gasol is allowed to go over the back on every single rebound attempt and has only been called once for it in 4 games. He has been doing it relentlessly all series long. I wish the refs would call him for it a few times so he would stop. I have never seen a player go over the back with the consistency of Gasol....and also get away with it, NOBODY....and I have been watching the NBA since the early 80s.

ajk23az

Reaction score
MC KAos;2096389 said:
for only one reason, i want this thread to have more posts than the celtics one, lol.

:laugh2:

Well I agree with you, I want the Celtics to lose the next two games also just because I HATE all Boston teams.

I rarely cheer for the Spurs but if it happens to be the Spurs/Celtics in the Finals, go spurs.

MC KAos

Reaction score
cowheel;2096392 said:
Yeah... I saw Fish's shot hit the rim as well.
I was yellin' at the TV why was there only 2 secs on the shot clock!!!

You can see the trajectory change and everything... thats why Horry didn't catch it...

So combine that... with the Odom block... with Timmy's charge...

I'll call that last play even and the obvious best team won!!!

the best team won, they were more aggressive on rebounds and dominated the paint and second chance points. all those things you said might be true, and most of them probably are, but that doesnt mean that barry didnt get fouled. Alas, i thought the lakers were gonna win the series because they are the better team with the best player in the league and the only coach in the league better than pop. i dont think the lakers will win the championship..........

one the road, lakers in five

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2096398 said:
ok u saw the replay...in live game speed it was a goaltend. It was a breakaway play and the refs were running down the floor as well...a bang bang play like that, I think the refs did a good job.

if there was instant replay, the call may have been reversed, unfortunately the NBA doesnt have instant replay for those types of plays.

There is one thing that has bugged me all series.....Gasol is allowed to go over the back on every single rebound attempt and has only been called once for it in 4 games. He has been doing it relentlessly all series long. I wish the refs would call him for it a few times so he would stop. I have never seen a player go over the back with the consistency of Gasol....and also get away with it, NOBODY....and I have been watching the NBA since the early 80s.

SERIOUSLY QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REFEREES!!!:cool:

Bad calls happen all the time.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone here think the spurs have a shot to win this series or are they done without a doubt?

cowheel

Reaction score
Walker;2096407 said:
Anyone here think the spurs have a shot to win this series or are they done without a doubt?

They're champions.
Kobe & Co. better not count them out.

Finish 'em in game 5.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2096405 said:
SERIOUSLY QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REFEREES!!!:cool:

Bad calls happen all the time.

im not complaining about the referees....yall were...yall were complaining about a goaltending call. i gave my opinion.

and i am allowed to complain about the refs anyway. stop the over the back on rebounds Gasol.....not a huge complaint.

I gave the Lakers props for the victory. I didn't blame the refs at all like I did after game 1. So blow it out ur poop chute