Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Biggems;2096406 said:
Well if the Spurs cant win the next 3 games.....GO PISTONS.

Same here. I can't stand Boston teams and even though Kobe is one of my favorite players I don't like the Lakers. If spurs can't pull it off, I hope the pistons take it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Walker;2096415 said:
Same here. I can't stand Boston teams and even though Kobe is one of my favorite players I don't like the Lakers. If spurs can't pull it off, I hope the pistons take it.

If the Spurs were to win the West, I would want the Celtics.....only cause I want to beat those green turds.

But since the Lakers look to win it, I want Detroit. I cant have the Lakers/Celtics in the Finals.....cause I would actually root for Kobe......ewwwwwwwwwwww.....cause I despise Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett so much.

cowheel

Reaction score
Biggems;2096413 said:
im not complaining about the referees....yall were...yall were complaining about a goaltending call. i gave my opinion.

and i am allowed to complain about the refs anyway. stop the over the back on rebounds Gasol.....not a huge complaint.

I gave the Lakers props for the victory. I didn't blame the refs at all like I did after game 1. So blow it out ur poop chute

Wow... a Tim Duncan fan complaining about another player getting away with over the back calls! lol

Next you'll be complaining about another player getting away with those moving screens...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Biggems;2096413 said:
im not complaining about the referees....yall were...yall were complaining about a goaltending call. i gave my opinion.

and i am allowed to complain about the refs anyway. stop the over the back on rebounds Gasol.....not a huge complaint.

I gave the Lakers props for the victory. I didn't blame the refs at all like I did after game 1. So blow it out ur poop chute

I wasnt complaining about the goaltend, i stating a FACT. Just like Barry traveled on that last play also.

I could go on and on.

Duncan goes over the back on others too. He has gotten away with a bunch of them also.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2096421 said:
I wasnt complaining about the goaltend, i stating a FACT. Just like Barry traveled on that last play also.

I could go on and on.

Duncan goes over the back on others too. He has gotten away with a bunch of them also.

i dont know about Barry traveling on that last play...but I did see Duncan travel on that dunk earlier in the game....I had to laugh when the refs didnt call the steps. I also laughed when Farmar I believe it was, barely touched Bowen, and Bowen took off like he was shot from a canon, and drew the offensive foul.......that was classic.

Still, you have a must win game, and one of your top 3 players doesnt show up.......I have to give a lot of props to Rad. He was inside Manu's jersey all night. Manu couldnt breath without Rad stealing his oxygen, he was so close on D. That was some Bruce Bowen type defense that Rad was playing on Manu. I was impressed by his play today on both ends.....too bad for the Lakers, he cant put it together on a consistent basis.....cause if he could, he would be their present version of Michael Cooper.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;2096396 said:
and Manu or Duncan....

true, but thats the point, if the league had any integrity, it would be a call no matter who is fouling and who is being fouled, its why the league will never have a champion without a superstar.

Nors;2096395 said:
Zrin - you are just making it up - I have 5 Dallas SB's none in 15 years, Been a Sox Fan since Jim Rice circa 1975

and you randomly became a cowboys fan when they were good?

Walker;2096407 said:
Anyone here think the spurs have a shot to win this series or are they done without a doubt?

no shot, if we had home court, there would be a small shot, but no. there is a shot that we win game five and maybe game six, but not game seven. but again, i see this series being over by next thursday

Biggems;2096418 said:
If the Spurs were to win the West, I would want the Celtics.....only cause I want to beat those green turds.

But since the Lakers look to win it, I want Detroit. I cant have the Lakers/Celtics in the Finals.....cause I would actually root for Kobe......ewwwwwwwwwwww.....cause I despise Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett so much.

ditto, but its a tough one if its the lakers/celtics, because i dont want the lakers to have more chips this decade than the spurs. id rather have the pistons win it all, followed by the lakers then the celtics, but ultimately, i think the lakers are gonna romp in the finals. think about this.....

coaching matchup

phil jackson vs doc rivers or flip saunders......:lmao:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Big Shot Rob has become Scared to take the Shot Rob...it is pathetic.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BTW....as a Spurs fan, I am glad Duncan gets away with a lot of calls....cause he plays for the Spurs.

However, I have never cared for the Superstar treatment of the NBA. I have never liked how the great players get away with murder, but the lesser players get called for so many crap fouls. But, this is how the NBA has always been, at least since the early 80s. So I grew up seeing the Stars get all the calls.

I would prefer a foul be a foul, no matter who is committing it.....or who is being fouled. I wish everyone would get called for traveling when they travel. I wish everyone would get called for palming or carrying when they commit the violation. I wish everyone would get called for over the back when they do it. I wish that the defensive player would not be penalized for staying vertical in his space and having the offensive player jump into, kick, or throw himself into that defender. I wish there were a lot of things different about the way the game is officiated. However, it will never happen.

The Superstars put butts in the seats, sell jerseys, sell sneakers, and sell the league. TV ratings drop when Superstars aren't playing. TV ratings are important for revenue, huge revenue. So the Superstars will continue to get the calls. The lower tier players will continue to get hosed on the calls.

This is David Sterns NBA. It is also probably the main reason why we suck so bad in International competition in the last decade. FIBA doesn't give our stars the STAR treatment they are used to. They don't get away with traveling, carrying, palming, etc.

MC KAos

Reaction score
oh hell, the season is not over but lets discuss roster moves for next year.

we need to get rid of:
-finley

-horry

-stoudamire

-vaughn

we will hopefully have:

-tiago splitter: a player we drafted late last year, but in this years draft would easily be a lottery pick, but only fell because of his contract, that is up this year)

-ian mahinmi: saw him play during the nbdl finals, he is on springs, very athletic, but raw. hopefully he can get some minutes and be in the rotation next year. he is like a poor mans amare stoudamire

-darvin ham: also saw him in the nbdl finals in person. very strong, active player. i really liked him!!

-a first round draft pick that isnt a random international player we have never heard of and can contribute next year, id like so see a back up point guard

-sign an athletic scorer, like a corey maggette to replace finley in the starting line up

-sign a younger, veteran pg to back up tony, hopefully someone with a jump shot. times like these i wish we still had speedy claxton......

i dont know about....

-ime udoka: he has been solid at times, but an anchor on other instances, maybe with another year under his belt he can be better, remember, he did help us win the last series against new orleans

-brent barry: he was really good after he got back in rythm from his calf injury, but his age is a concern, i think he is under contract for one more year, if not a vet minumum for next year is a good deal for everyone involved i think

-kurt thomas: very solid veteran, but he did have his struggles, but maybe with a full season under his belt he can contribute more

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
"and you randomly became a cowboys fan when they were good?" lolllllll

No when I was age 7-32 we won 5 Super Bowls - Been there since 1971.

Nada since 1995 -

StylisticS

Reaction score
I don't really believe any league makes so much of an emphasis on star treatment as much as the NBA does. IMO, this is why they are behind MLB and NFL and falling more and more behind too. It is really disgusting to watch at times.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
MC KAos;2096440 said:

-tiago splitter: a player we drafted late last year, but in this years draft would easily be a lottery pick, but only fell because of his contract, that is up this year)

-ime udoka: he has been solid at times, but an anchor on other instances, maybe with another year under his belt he can be better, remember, he did help us win the last series against new orleans

-kurt thomas: very solid veteran, but he did have his struggles, but maybe with a full season under his belt he can contribute more

Tiago Splitter next year well be pretty big. He's a really good player from what I hear. I have only seen him play three time and he played well in those games (of course its only 3 games).

I am not the biggest Udoka fan so I won't comment on him since I can't really give an unbiased comment. I only seen him excel in 2 games against New Orleans but has been a no factor in this series and can't remember him being that great against the suns either.

Kurt Thomas will be on this team for a few years in my opinion. Didn't the spurs give up a 2009 draft 1st round pick for him. If so I doubt they will get rid of him after one season after giving up a 1st.

I am not sure about Barry, because I do not know his contract ever since he came back to the team after being let go after the trade.

As for this years 1st round pick the spurs are reported to be very high on some france player. I tried finding some info on him and they mentioned that he will be a good player but that he will need to develop more in France first. The thing that puzzled me about it was if he was under contract and not able to come next season because of contract issues. It could be also that they want him to stay in France just to develop because he wouldn't get the playing time with the spurs team.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;2096440 said:

we need to get rid of:
-finley

-horry

-stoudamire

-vaughn

we will hopefully have:

-ian mahinmi: saw him play during the nbdl finals, he is on springs, very athletic, but raw. hopefully he can get some minutes and be in the rotation next year. he is like a poor mans amare stoudamire

-darvin ham: also saw him in the nbdl finals in person. very strong, active player. i really liked him!!

-a first round draft pick that isnt a random international player we have never heard of and can contribute next year, id like so see a back up point guard

-sign an athletic scorer, like a corey maggette to replace finley in the starting line up

-sign a younger, veteran pg to back up tony, hopefully someone with a jump shot. times like these i wish we still had speedy claxton......

i dont know about....

-brent barry: he was really good after he got back in rythm from his calf injury, but his age is a concern, i think he is under contract for one more year, if not a vet minumum for next year is a good deal for everyone involved i think

Splitter was just offered a 3 year deal worth a whole heck of a lot more than the Spurs can offer him. If he wants money, he stays with Tau. If he wants the NBA, he comes to the Spurs. You should go to SpursReport or BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1....they have tons of info on the Spurs.

What I would like to see
C - Splitter, Oberto, Bonner
PF - Duncan, Mahimni, Thomas/Draft Pick
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Draft Pick
SG - Manu, FA , Draft Pick
PG - Tony, Barry, Mason (FA from Wizards)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Walker;2096453 said:
Tiago Splitter next year well be pretty big. He's a really good player from what I hear. I have only seen him play three time and he played well in those games (of course its only 3 games).

I am not the biggest Udoka fan so I won't comment on him since I can't really give an unbiased comment. I only seen him excel in 2 games against New Orleans but has been a no factor in this series and can't remember him being that great against the suns either.

Kurt Thomas will be on this team for a few years in my opinion. Didn't the spurs give up a 2009 draft 1st round pick for him. If so I doubt they will get rid of him after one season after giving up a 1st.

I am not sure about Barry, because I do not know his contract ever since he came back to the team after being let go after the trade.

As for this years 1st round pick the spurs are reported to be very high on some france player. I tried finding some info on him and they mentioned that he will be a good player but that he will need to develop more in France first. The thing that puzzled me about it was if he was under contract and not able to come next season because of contract issues. It could be also that they want him to stay in France just to develop because he wouldn't get the playing time with the spurs team.

i believe this is the french player that you speak of, his name is Nicolas Batum...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft.../tracker/player?draftyear=2008&playerId=19038

i wouldnt be too mad with him, but im just tired of all these players not coming over for forever, and we are getting old. i think we have like 3 years of window to win championships, unless tony parker becomes chris paul good, which i dont see happening but you never know, just look at steve nash. i think a steal in the second if we could move up would be AJ Abrams, but then again im also a UT homer, lol

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Biggems;2096454 said:
Splitter was just offered a 3 year deal worth a whole heck of a lot more than the Spurs can offer him. If he wants money, he stays with Tau. If he wants the NBA, he comes to the Spurs. You should go to SpursReport or BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1....they have tons of info on the Spurs.

What I would like to see

That would suck if Splitter doesn't join the spurs next year. :bang2: By the way did the spurs give up a 1st round pick in 2009 draft for Thomas?

edit: Yea thats the player I was talking about. Never seen him play though.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;2096454 said:

What I would like to see

ya, but what i read at spursreport was at the time not confirmed so i wasnt sure if it was true. He even had a press conference here after he was drafted too. i think it would have to be a hell of a lot more money for him to stay, but hopefully he will come over. have you seen darvin ham play btw? i really like him a lot

MC KAos

Reaction score
Walker;2096457 said:
That would suck if Splitter doesn't join the spurs next year. :bang2: By the way did the spurs give up a 1st round pick in 2009 draft for Thomas?

edit: Yea thats the player I was talking about. Never seen him play though.

yes and yes

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;2096454 said:

What I would like to see

spursreport is a mess right now too

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I havent seen Ham since he was a Piston, and I wasn't impressed.....if he has improved, cool...but when I saw him in the Association he wasn't anything to write home about.

I wouldn't mind James Jones.

In the first round.....I want one of the following:

F Joe Alexander
SG Brandon Rush
PF Jason Thompson
PF Serge Ibaka

If none of these players are there at 26, try and trade out of the first and get two 2nds from either Minnesota, Portland, or Seattle.

MC KAos

Reaction score
id LOVE to have brandon rush, but i dont see him being around that late.