***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have watched 15 episodes of "Manifest" on Netflix. It is an interesting story about a plane that experiences some unusual turbulence when it suddenly encounters a crazy storm on a flight from Jamaica to NYC. When the plane arrives the passengers find out that 5 1/2 years have passed and their plane was thought to have crashed and all passengers died in the crash. I have 1 more episode to watch in season 1 and still no clue what happened or why. Some of the passengers experience voices in their heads, saying things like "free them" but the voices never provide any detail, like free who? from where? It would be unfair to rate the show before watching the season finale but I realized a lot of people may not get as far into the show as the 15th episode because the story seems very disjointed. OF COURSE THERE ARE The personal stories of the passengers that interfere with the main plot at times, but it is an important aspect of being gone for 5 1/2 years without explanation. Everyone else moved on with their lives thinking their relatives and friends were dead. Imagine the complications.

Like I said, the main story of "Manifest" is actually pretty interesting. I can see building a story off of it, but the show is 16 episodes and it moves very slowly. We don't see the main antagonist until the 14th episode. We have no idea what is is he/she wants or who is behind the plot. Just a lot of unanswered questions.

There is a season 2, which is only 13 episodes, 3 less than season 1 so I assume it will move a little faster, from a snails pace to a jogging turtle. But I think season 1 should have been no longer than 8-10 episodes moving at a faster pace. Again, watching these shows on Netflix without commercial breaks makes them seem to move a little faster. This show must have been painful to watch on TV when it aired on NBC originally with commercials.

I will give it a 7 out of 10 because the plot idea is pretty cool. But I have seen some great main storylines destroyed by stupid writing before.
Lost, for example.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have watched 15 episodes of "Manifest" on Netflix. It is an interesting story about a plane that experiences some unusual turbulence when it suddenly encounters a crazy storm on a flight from Jamaica to NYC. When the plane arrives the passengers find out that 5 1/2 years have passed and their plane was thought to have crashed and all passengers died in the crash. I have 1 more episode to watch in season 1 and still no clue what happened or why. Some of the passengers experience voices in their heads, saying things like "free them" but the voices never provide any detail, like free who? from where? It would be unfair to rate the show before watching the season finale but I realized a lot of people may not get as far into the show as the 15th episode because the story seems very disjointed. OF COURSE THERE ARE The personal stories of the passengers that interfere with the main plot at times, but it is an important aspect of being gone for 5 1/2 years without explanation. Everyone else moved on with their lives thinking their relatives and friends were dead. Imagine the complications.

Like I said, the main story of "Manifest" is actually pretty interesting. I can see building a story off of it, but the show is 16 episodes and it moves very slowly. We don't see the main antagonist until the 14th episode. We have no idea what is is he/she wants or who is behind the plot. Just a lot of unanswered questions.

There is a season 2, which is only 13 episodes, 3 less than season 1 so I assume it will move a little faster, from a snails pace to a jogging turtle. But I think season 1 should have been no longer than 8-10 episodes moving at a faster pace. Again, watching these shows on Netflix without commercial breaks makes them seem to move a little faster. This show must have been painful to watch on TV when it aired on NBC originally with commercials.

I will give it a 7 out of 10 because the plot idea is pretty cool. But I have seen some great main storylines destroyed by stupid writing before.
I watched it. It was canceled after this last season finale. Had a great premise but seemed like they were just spinning their wheels with the story line. They are trying to find a new home and I won’t be watching anymore if they are successful.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ZOO on Netflix. Just about done with episode 2, and coincidentally, just about done with the show. It's like Planet of the Apes, but with different animals.

Gonna go back to try and watch Katla again, see if it gets better. It takes place near an active volcano near a glacier, which is appropriate since it's moving at a glacial pace.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I watched the second episode of Loki. I find the show interesting, while setting the next arc of the MCU.
This week they revealed The Variant is Lady Loki and that Mobius M. Mobius does not respect wood...
b1qgEky.gif

The best delivered line in the series thus far (in my opinion):

"It's... not... about... you."

In the books, Lady Loki was Lady Sif possessed by Loki. I am guessing this multiverse version of Lady Loki has zero connection with Lady Sif as far as looks are concerned since this actress is NOT Jaimie Alexander. Then again, Loki can look like anyone so who knows?

I am loving it. The first two episodes have been smartly written. The multiverse angle is being developed for the audience very slowly, so I know the pacing will not appeal to everyone. These Disney+ series are essential components of the greater MCU, thus context is key for the movies/series that follow.

Good stuff. I hope the quality level remains high. If it does falter, it will not be due to Tom Hiddleston's performance. He has been wicked good playing the character.
What I didn't get in the movie was the term "inverted". How could a mobius strip be inverted? There's only one side, and no directional relationship....That said, I didn't realize the TVA was already part of the MCU. I thought it was created specifically for this show. It's just an odd coincidence then, that "Mobius" is used in connection with two time related concepts in the MCU....Thanks for the info!
I’m now thinking that this new female character is the Enchantress and not a female Loki.

And I’m smelling a rat behind this TVA, and the whole thing being about an attempt to control time and the multiverse for someone’s particular best interests.

Never trust anyone you ‘can’t see’.
The Variant maybe an amalgam of Sylvie Lushton + Lady Loki from the comics...
gTyAHDM.jpg
X2NSf9N.jpg
i8VReBN.jpg
HtRqQrN.jpg
TAqqBxl.jpg
Loki's last name is Laufeyson or son of Laufey, the King of the Frost Giants...
The Variant is named Sylvie instead, but still the "dottir" or daughter of Laufey.

I would like to point out that Owen Wilson is doing great as Mobius M. Mobius...
IxF4Nca.png

Also the analyst that Revonna Renslayer keeps on the side maybe well known...
XI4LAXr.jpg
;)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Variant maybe an amalgam of Sylvie Lushton + Lady Loki from the comics...
gTyAHDM.jpg
X2NSf9N.jpg
i8VReBN.jpg
HtRqQrN.jpg
TAqqBxl.jpg
Loki's last name is Laufeyson or son of Laufey, the King of the Frost Giants...
The Variant is named Sylvie instead, but still the "dottir" or daughter of Laufey.

I would like to point out that Owen Wilson is doing great as Mobius M. Mobius...
IxF4Nca.png

Also the analyst that Revonna Renslayer keeps on the side maybe well known...
XI4LAXr.jpg
;)

Yeah, when I heard that name mentioned it rang a bell and I had to go and look it up. I can’t help but to think that Kang has usurped control of the TVA or that it’s been based on a lie all along. And I expect an eventual appearance or a specific mention at a minimum. Either way, I’m thinking that this series will introduce Kang to the MCU.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have watched 15 episodes of "Manifest" on Netflix. It is an interesting story about a plane that experiences some unusual turbulence when it suddenly encounters a crazy storm on a flight from Jamaica to NYC.

When the plane arrives the passengers find out that 5 1/2 years have passed and their plane was thought to have crashed and all passengers died in the crash. I have 1 more episode to watch in season 1 and still no clue what happened or why. Some of the passengers experience voices in their heads, saying things like "free them" but the voices never provide any detail, like free who? from where? It would be unfair to rate the show before watching the season finale but I realized a lot of people may not get as far into the show as the 15th episode because the story seems very disjointed. OF COURSE THERE ARE The personal stories of the passengers that interfere with the main plot at times, but it is an important aspect of being gone for 5 1/2 years without explanation. Everyone else moved on with their lives thinking their relatives and friends were dead. Imagine the complications.

The show was unexpectedly canceled by NBC a few weeks ago after 3 seasons and since it had a 6-season story arc plan (creators stated this), the story line will be incomplete unless Netflix or another network picks it up.

That said, I read that the show was one of the most-watched shows on Netflix recently so there is at least room for hope.

Creeper

Reaction score
The show was unexpectedly canceled by NBC a few weeks ago after 3 seasons and since it had a 6-season story arc plan (creators stated this), the story line will be incomplete unless Netflix or another network picks it up.

That said, I read that the show was one of the most-watched shows on Netflix recently so there is at least room for hope.

I don't see how they can drag this story out for 6 seasons, but I heard the same thing about the show. There are a couple of characters I can do without because they are too annoying to watch on a weekly basis.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how they can drag this story out for 6 seasons, but I heard the same thing about the show. There are a couple of characters I can do without because they are too annoying to watch on a weekly basis.
Rather than solve the mystery quickly they are taking the LOST approach in simply reshaping the storyline each season after learning part of the mystery.

Creeper

Reaction score
This isn't a comment about any particular TV show but I watch a lot of shows about dystopian futures, zombies, vampires, or basically all the end of the world, imminent extinction of the human species stuff so with all this garbage in my head I feel the need to say this. If in the future, there is an near extinction event, including zombies, vampires, or aliens, and a handful, or even a few hundred humans survive, and you are among them, please don't fight with the other humans. It seems like in all these shows, when extinction is right around the corner, the humans resort to tribalism and fighting each other for power or control while the real nemesis is threatening all of them. I would hope, if it ever comes to it, that the remaining humans would band together to fight for their survival.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't a comment about any particular TV show but I watch a lot of shows about dystopian futures, zombies, vampires, or basically all the end of the world, imminent extinction of the human species stuff so with all this garbage in my head I feel the need to say this. If in the future, there is an near extinction event, including zombies, vampires, or aliens, and a handful, or even a few hundred humans survive, and you are among them, please don't fight with the other humans. It seems like in all these shows, when extinction is right around the corner, the humans resort to tribalism and fighting each other for power or control while the real nemesis is threatening all of them. I would hope, if it ever comes to it, that the remaining humans would band together to fight for their survival.
All depends on who is still around. I am thinking I'll have to butcher the plumper ones and make some jerky.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just watched episode 3 of War of the Worlds and I am losing my mind over the story. There was never a chance I would not watch this show but I have so many questions for the writers. I don't think there is a chance they can recover from the nonsense they have written into season 2 and I cannot believe I am actually waiting to see the next episode.

A few years ago I was walking along the Hudson River in NYC and I heard a noise from the sky. I looked up and saw a helicopter flying south over the river making this loud knocking noise. It was clearly losing altitude and it became obvious the helicopter was experiencing mechanical difficulty and it was going to crash land. Sure enough, the helicopter went into the river on the NJ side. I watched the whole thing knowing it was going to hit the water and there was nothing I could do about it. I equate watching War of the Worlds to that experience. I know it can't possibly end well but I cannot take my eyes off it either.

btw, all the passengers and pilot survived the crash.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Just watched episode 3 of War of the Worlds and I am losing my mind over the story. There was never a chance I would not watch this show but I have so many questions for the writers. I don't think there is a chance they can recover from the nonsense they have written into season 2 and I cannot believe I am actually waiting to see the next episode.

A few years ago I was walking along the Hudson River in NYC and I heard a noise from the sky. I looked up and saw a helicopter flying south over the river making this loud knocking noise. It was clearly losing altitude and it became obvious the helicopter was experiencing mechanical difficulty and it was going to crash land. Sure enough, the helicopter went into the river on the NJ side. I watched the whole thing knowing it was going to hit the water and there was nothing I could do about it. I equate watching War of the Worlds to that experience. I know it can't possibly end well but I cannot take my eyes off it either.

btw, all the passengers and pilot survived the crash.
I'm on episode 5 and I like it quite a bit. A bit of a slow burn but I'm ok with that.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I watched the third episode of Loki. This week confirmed some details and revealed some new details.
Loki used the word "enchant" to describe her powers and confirmed that she prefers the alias Sylvie...
1Xij7Ar.jpg
NuN3K2v.jpg
The writers seem to have used Sylvie Lushton, blonde hair/powers/alias, to differentiate her from Loki.

Also we have an idea why Mobius seems to be obsessed with the early 90's, jet skis/Josta energy drink...

nfiTNKk.gif
The writers revealed the employees of the TVA are variants and they're evidently unaware of this fact.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I watched the third episode of Loki. This week confirmed some details and revealed some new details.
Loki used the word "enchant" to describe her powers and confirmed that she prefers the alias Sylvie...
1Xij7Ar.jpg
NuN3K2v.jpg
The writers seem to have used Sylvie Lushton, blonde hair/powers/alias, to differentiate her from Loki.

Also we have an idea why Mobius seems to be obsessed with the early 90's, jet skis/Josta energy drink...

nfiTNKk.gif
The writers revealed the employees of the TVA are variants and they're evidently unaware of this fact.

Does loki like dudes? I haven't watched it, I skimmed a headling on a news site

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Does loki like dudes? I haven't watched it, I skimmed a headling on a news site
They were somewhat ambiguous on the subject, but I got the impression he's bisexual.[spoiler/]
Loki is a sex fluid bisexual shapeshifter like the Norse mythological inspiration...
10kLt2w.jpg
In Norse mythology, Loki, as a mare, births Odin's eight-legged horse Sleipnir...
yaO4lVl.jpg
o_O

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished watching "Van Helsing" Season 1 on Netflix. It is very typical of cable TV series. Bad special effects, some cheesy dialogue, some dumb story lines, and unbelievable human behavior. There are enough cliff hangers to keep you interested but I am hoping it gets a bit more clever the rest of the way. The lead actress is not very good at action scenes. She seems really slow and deliberate when she is acting out fight scenes. The character is also not very bright. Actually no many characters in this show are.

I did not watch The Walking Dead, but I have a feeling Van Helsing is a bit of a knockoff of that show, only with vampires instead of zombies.

So far I give it a 5 out of 10.

If you are wondering what my scale is, Dark Matter is a 9. Farscape is a 10. The Protector is a 2.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished watching "Van Helsing" Season 1 on Netflix. It is very typical of cable TV series. Bad special effects, some cheesy dialogue, some dumb story lines, and unbelievable human behavior. There are enough cliff hangers to keep you interested but I am hoping it gets a bit more clever the rest of the way. The lead actress is not very good at action scenes. She seems really slow and deliberate when she is acting out fight scenes. The character is also not very bright. Actually no many characters in this show are.

I did not watch The Walking Dead, but I have a feeling Van Helsing is a bit of a knockoff of that show, only with vampires instead of zombies.

So far I give it a 5 out of 10.

If you are wondering what my scale is, Dark Matter is a 9. Farscape is a 10. The Protector is a 2.
Van Helsing just seemed to get worse, IMO. Each character added to the story tool away from the believability.