***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon. While I did enjoy it though not sure I'd purposely watch it again. Seemed a little too long.

Read it was originally going to be released in theaters intended as a big blockbuster movie during Christmas last year. I'm not sure it would have succeeded if that was the studios hope.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished Season 3 of "Manifest". So much potential wasted on pabulum. NBC cancelled the show after season 3 so it ends with with a cliffhanger. This show could have been a 9 out of 10. A great series focuses on great characters. Unfortunately, "Manifest" focuses on a few characters that are not very good at all. The main character should be likeable or have some endearing qualities. The character doesn;t have to be a good guy. Tony Soprano was a murdering mobster but people still tuned in to watch him because he had something about him they liked. "Manifest" lacks a character like that I thought. Season 3 is almost an admission by the writers that at least one of those characters was pretty horrible after making us watch him for 3 seasons. Then the series ends and in some ways the audience is thankful they don't have to watch those characters anymore. But the core of the story is still interesting with some good sci-fi mystery. The viewer is left wanting more because the sci-fi part of the show is never explained. But this too may be a blessing since I have a feeling the explanation might be stupid. Still, the premise is promising.

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix and Amazon. Season 3 is pay per view on Prime only. Yes, I paid for it S3. My wife and daughter insisted. The creator of the show tried to get Netflix to pick up the series and produce a 4th season but Netflix said no. Now he is talking about a movie to wrap everything up and end the story, like Firefly and Farscape did. btw, is there a place to watch Firefly the series for free? It is still not available on Prime.

Anyway, I give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 because the story is pretty interesting at the start. Just keep in mind you have to pay for season 3 right now, it ends with a few cliffhangers and the big questions are never answered.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Finished Season 3 of "Manifest". So much potential wasted on pabulum. NBC cancelled the show after season 3 so it ends with with a cliffhanger. This show could have been a 9 out of 10. A great series focuses on great characters. Unfortunately, "Manifest" focuses on a few characters that are not very good at all. The main character should be likeable or have some endearing qualities. The character doesn;t have to be a good guy. Tony Soprano was a murdering mobster but people still tuned in to watch him because he had something about him they liked. "Manifest" lacks a character like that I thought. Season 3 is almost an admission by the writers that at least one of those characters was pretty horrible after making us watch him for 3 seasons. Then the series ends and in some ways the audience is thankful they don't have to watch those characters anymore. But the core of the story is still interesting with some good sci-fi mystery. The viewer is left wanting more because the sci-fi part of the show is never explained. But this too may be a blessing since I have a feeling the explanation might be stupid. Still, the premise is promising.

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix and Amazon. Season 3 is pay per view on Prime only. Yes, I paid for it S3. My wife and daughter insisted. The creator of the show tried to get Netflix to pick up the series and produce a 4th season but Netflix said no. Now he is talking about a movie to wrap everything up and end the story, like Firefly and Farscape did. btw, is there a place to watch Firefly the series for free? It is still not available on Prime.

Anyway, I give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 because the story is pretty interesting at the start. Just keep in mind you have to pay for season 3 right now, it ends with a few cliffhangers and the big questions are never answered.
Season 3 is still on Hulu. I got about 10 minutes into the 2 hour season finale, read the series was cancelled and quit watching. Still debating on whether to finish it off because I was already forcing myself to watch this season. Right now I just have no desire to do so.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon. While I did enjoy it though not sure I'd purposely watch it again. Seemed a little too long.

Read it was originally going to be released in theaters intended as a big blockbuster movie during Christmas last year. I'm not sure it would have succeeded if that was the studios hope.
That is my dividing like between good and meh, would I watch this again? The real test is would I add this to my library?

That said, I have gone back to watch something that others, who's opinions I am in tune with liked, and found I liked some movie much better. Frame of mind has so much to do with it for me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

According to Google, Firefly is on Hulu, if you have it.

Creeper

Reaction score

I watched it last night. I also enjoyed it, but I agree they could have cut about 20 minutes off of it and still had a good movie. I thought there were a couple of little twists towards the end that were pretty good.

The only issue I had is there are too many movies or series where the aliens are impervious to bullets, even the most high powered rifles. It has become a contrivance in alien stories.

Sammy

Reaction score

I think it was the worst acted series I've ever seen. I so wanted to like this series, and found it enjoyable the first season, despite the bad acting. The 2nd season wasn't horrible. But when I heard it had been cancelled a few episodes into the 3rd season, I didn't even care enough to finish it out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. I have Peacock, Netflix, and Prime. I just ended my Hulu trial unfortunately. I am debating if I want to spend even more money on streaming. It is getting ridiculous with all the different options.
I tried Peacock and Hulu and couldn't find enough to watch and I don't care for most TV shows.

I use Netflix, Prime, Apple+, Disney+ and HBO Max but I look at it as only really paying for Netflix and Disney+ because HBO is free through ATT, Apple+ is free through the Phone purchase and I look at Prime as a bonus because I've had that for free shipping since it came out.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think it was the worst acted series I've ever seen. I so wanted to like this series, and found it enjoyable the first season, despite the bad acting. The 2nd season wasn't horrible. But when I heard it had been cancelled a few episodes into the 3rd season, I didn't even care enough to finish it out.

Have you seen "Quantico"? I think that one was worse than "Manifest", but yes, the acting in "Manifest" was pretty awful. I think some of it has to do with the writing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Have you seen "Quantico"? I think that one was worse than "Manifest", but yes, the acting in "Manifest" was pretty awful. I think some of it has to do with the writing.
You're right. Quantico is one that I thought started out with a ton of promise but quickly fizzled. I gave up on that series late season 1. I just think the shows on the major networks are unwatchable these days.

Creeper

Reaction score
You're right. Quantico is one that I thought started out with a ton of promise but quickly fizzled. I gave up on that series late season 1. I just think the shows on the major networks are unwatchable these days.

Same here. My wife and I wanted to watch it but gave up somewhere in the middle. I have lost a lot of respect for the FBI in recent years but even I cannot believe any of those idiots in that show would not be kicked out of the FBI. I mean what a bunch of flunkies breaking all the rules!

I usually continue to watch a show to the end even when I think it is really bad or going down a bad story line. If I quit in the middle, then it has to be bad beyond human tolerance. I watched in its entirety "Orca the Killer Whale" when it came out after seeing that it was simply awful just a few minutes into the movie. It was like watching a train wreck. I had to see how bad it was going to get. It did not disappoint. It just plumbed the depths of horrendousness.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I watched the fifth episode of Loki. No credits scene but it was full of Easter eggs...
I can't wait to watch the season finale. Also, Throg is officially MCU canon now...
nvLxv4g.gif
For the first time in his life Classic Loki didn't run..."It's never too late to change."
Nesk6xj.gif
:dance:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I watched it the other night. An OK action flick with quality special effects but too many suspension of disbelief moments for me to really love it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I watched it the other night. An OK action flick with quality special effects but too many suspension of disbelief moments for me to really love it.

Yeah, I don't know if it's me getting old or what, but I find myself having those suspensions of disbelief and questioning movies a lot these days. I had quite a few "but why" moments with that movie.

Other than that thought it was definitely entertaining and Hollywood is getting real good with the special effects.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I don't know if it's me getting old or what, but I find myself having those suspensions of disbelief and questioning movies a lot these days. I had quite a few "but why" moments with that movie.

Other than that thought it was definitely entertaining and Hollywood is getting real good with the special effects.
I have to suspend belief in just about all films like that and I did with that one and enjoyed it. Had a little bit of the "The Great Wall" to it which was visually magnetic.

But suspending belief is one of the reasons I enjoy the escapism of film, I want to leave belief behind for just a while and get lost in something and not ask too many questions. Especially any sci-fi horror creature feature.

Would we still have the teenage babysitter opening the rattling cellar door with belief? Hell, I have to believe she's seen enough teenage slasher films to know not to do that. But if she doesn't, we don't get the payoff.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Creeper, good post but it needs that Spoiler Alert tag on it because members are used to seeing that and avoiding the post if they don't want to know.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can say the same thing about the DieHard movies, John Wick and basically, every James Bond flick.

It's like that question we should never ask ourselves when watching any film with guns, "just how many bullets does that gun hold"?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have to suspend belief in just about all films like that and I did with that one and enjoyed it. Had a little bit of the "The Great Wall" to it which was visually magnetic.

But suspending belief is one of the reasons I enjoy the escapism of film, I want to leave belief behind for just a while and get lost in something and not ask too many questions. Especially any sci-fi horror creature feature.

Would we still have the teenage babysitter opening the rattling cellar door with belief? Hell, I have to believe she's seen enough teenage slasher films to know not to do that. But if she doesn't, we don't get the payoff.
Fair enough!