***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I don't know if it's me getting old or what, but I find myself having those suspensions of disbelief and questioning movies a lot these days. I had quite a few "but why" moments with that movie.

Other than that thought it was definitely entertaining and Hollywood is getting real good with the special effects.

They are. There’s little difference at this point between TV and film and it’s getting smaller all the time. Watching Loki on Disney + and the effects are outrageous.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can say the same thing about the DieHard movies, John Wick and basically, every James Bond flick.

It's like that question we should never ask ourselves when watching any film with guns, "just how many bullets does that gun hold"?

Yeah, they all have them to some degree but this one pushed it a bit far for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, they all have them to some degree but this one pushed it a bit far for me.
Agree and some just get lazy in their writing.

Then you get the people that think they need an origin story, like Scott with Prometheus or Alien Covenant, and should have just let the origination of the species remain a mystery. I do not care where it came from, it is here, it is wreaking havoc, it needs to die!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Then you get the people that think they need an origin story, like Scott with Prometheus or Alien Covenant, and should have just let the origination of the species remain a mystery. I do not care where it came from, it is here, it is wreaking havoc, it needs to die!

Yeah, he got really weird with this recent sequels. I think that’s why both disappointed.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

Still don't understand why they felt the need for an origin story. Just the idea that it was an alien species from another planet seems good enough.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the fifth episode of Loki. No credits scene but it was full of Easter eggs...
I can't wait to watch the season finale. Also, Throg is officially MCU canon now...
nvLxv4g.gif
For the first time in his life Classic Loki didn't run..."It's never too late to change."
Nesk6xj.gif
:dance:
lol!
I missed spotting Throg!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I watched the fifth episode of Loki. No credits scene but it was full of Easter eggs...
I can't wait to watch the season finale. Also, Throg is officially MCU canon now...
nvLxv4g.gif
For the first time in his life Classic Loki didn't run..."It's never too late to change."
Nesk6xj.gif
:dance:
lol!
I missed spotting Throg!
Throg, mentioned previously, and with a label referencing his first appearance...
BjLfuVt.jpg
Did you spot the Thanoscopter? I laughed thinking about MCU Thanos flying it...
mEnoy9J.jpg
Easy spot, Alioth the Usurper, but was it guarding the Citadel at the End of Time?
6ykmA0H.jpg
Other Easter Eggs: Yellow Jacket helmet, Living Tribunal statue, Qeng Tower, etc.
:thumbup:

Creeper

Reaction score
I am into season 4 of Van Helsing. OMG what a bleep show! I have no idea who thought the new characters would make the show better but that person should be fired. I mean the show was pretty horrible in season 3, but at least there was some entertainment value. Season 4 is way off the rails and heading for a steep cliff. How did this show ever get renewed for a 5th season. I cannot believe Van Helsing gets a season 5 and Dark Matter was cancelled after 3!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am into season 4 of Van Helsing. OMG what a bleep show! I have no idea who thought the new characters would make the show better but that person should be fired. I mean the show was pretty horrible in season 3, but at least there was some entertainment value. Season 4 is way off the rails and heading for a steep cliff. How did this show ever get renewed for a 5th season. I cannot believe Van Helsing gets a season 5 and Dark Matter was cancelled after 3!
I'm glad you said something. Now I don't have to bother checking it out....and I agree, Dark Matter was a good show.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon. While I did enjoy it though not sure I'd purposely watch it again. Seemed a little too long.

Read it was originally going to be released in theaters intended as a big blockbuster movie during Christmas last year. I'm not sure it would have succeeded if that was the studios hope.
I watched it last night. I also enjoyed it, but I agree they could have cut about 20 minutes off of it and still had a good movie. I thought there were a couple of little twists towards the end that were pretty good.

The only issue I had is there are too many movies or series where the aliens are impervious to bullets, even the most high powered rifles. It has become a contrivance in alien stories.
I watched it the other night. An OK action flick with quality special effects but too many suspension of disbelief moments for me to really love it.
Yeah, I don't know if it's me getting old or what, but I find myself having those suspensions of disbelief and questioning movies a lot these days. I had quite a few "but why" moments with that movie.

Other than that thought it was definitely entertaining and Hollywood is getting real good with the special effects.
I forgot to post that I watched The Tomorrow War the other night. I agree with the previous posts. If it hit the theaters, it would've been worth only a matinee screening. Definitely just a popcorn flick. :popcorn:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched Fear Street 1994 and Fear Street 1978

Anthology movie from the R.L. Stine guy.

Fear Street 1666 will be on Friday 7/16/21

Kind of interesting. Geared toward young adults but still enough for us older people who might just enjoy some of the music in it or like the old fashioned cheesy slasher movies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jungle on netflix.
Three guys decide to go with a guide into the jungle to find gold and a rumored tribe and so on.
Eventually they split up to two each.
Then one of the groups get separated due to circumstances.
The movie focuses on the one guy trying to make his way through the jungle for weeks.

All based on a true story.

Little slow but kind of interesting.