***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I finally got around to watching the sci-fi series Raised by Wolves on HBOMax. It was good enough to make me watch the entire season but I mainly watched because of Travis Fimmel (Ragnar from Vikings). They set up for a second season, which has apparently been greenlit.

I've been watching Invasion on Apple too. There is some quality there but slow pacing for an alien invasion story. Curious to see how it turns out.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
WWII in Color. Netflix.

Think there has been enough color and HD remastered footage that it doesn’t blow me away anymore but a fun watch if you enjoy WWII history. Surprisingly deep at times. For example, they go into the conservative politics of the old German guard when it came to planning the invasion of Europe, and some of the defiant aggressive planners on blitzkrieg as well as the man who led the tanks and decided to ignore his chain of command to take over the entire continent.

WW2 joke: Why are there trees in France? A: So the Germans can march in the shade.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m also watching Invasion on Apple+.

Another well done series. So far, it follows some of the standard alien invasion movie tropes, but the individual character storylines are all interesting. The kid playing the British school boy bully is convincing.

I also find the actress Golshifteh Farahani attractive which helps, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hellbound on Netflix. The South Koreans are making some pretty good series lately. I'm on E6 of this one, and I'll give it an 8/10...and that's with dubbing! What an original and cool premise, and some very good special effects.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of episode 1 on Hellbound. I agree, looks cool, thinking I can get the wifey to watch this one. After Squid Games, I started searching S Korean films and TV. There's a good recommendation on this thread too from Brainpaint I believe.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am 2 episodes into season 2 of Another Life. I thought season 1 was a 5/10. I don't see season 2 getting any better so far. There is some dumb stuff going on and some side stories I could do without. I will watch it to the end but I am looking forward to getting to the end of this. I was surprised to see they made a season 2. Netflix has cancelled much better shows than Another Life. I admit I am not a fan of Katee Sackhoff so that makes watching this series tough for me. I will watch it till the end though, to see where it goes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am 2 episodes into season 2 of Another Life. I thought season 1 was a 5/10. I don't see season 2 getting any better so far. There is some dumb stuff going on and some side stories I could do without. I will watch it to the end but I am looking forward to getting to the end of this. I was surprised to see they made a season 2. Netflix has cancelled much better shows than Another Life. I admit I am not a fan of Katee Sackhoff so that makes watching this series tough for me. I will watch it till the end though, to see where it goes.
If there's another season, it's going to be completely different, I think, judging by the way this one ended

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys were not kidding about Foundation. I binged all 10 episodes in a couple of days and it's an amazing show. I can't wait for season 2.
There are other shows like Ted Lasso that come highly recommended but I have not watched yet. However, it is Foundation that will be my single reason for re-upping with the streaming service if-or-when I decide to cancel my Apple TV+ subscription. ;)

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There are other shows like Ted Lasso that come highly recommended but I have not watched yet. However, it is Foundation that will be my single reason for re-upping with the streaming service if-or-when I decide to cancel my Apple TV+ subscription. ;)

Don't bother watching lasso. The one good thing in it which is soccer, gets put on the back burner quickly, and it becomes a soap opera that mentions soccer occasionally. I don't get why people like it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Just tried finishing the first episode of Cowboy Bebop….my gosh it’s horrible. It’s like Walker Texas Ranger level of acting and script writing. I’m all for mindless entertainment but this is just bad.