***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Aaron Sorkin, "The West Wing", had that same problem and I finally gave up. Can't have everyone in the cast a smart*** with a hair trigger quip. There were no spaces between dialogues. That is unnatural.

Part of that also has to do with the director's sense of pacing and timing. Good comedy directors learned from Neil Simon and Blake Edwards about the importance of pacing and delivery. The best example I've seen of this is Simon's "The Prisoner of Second Avenue". It is a template for pacing and timing for impact and Jack Lemmon and Anne Bancroft could not be better in those roles.
Hawkeye and Trapper.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, thanx for letting me know it sucks
:rolleyes: It does not suck.

I am down to the last two episodes for the series. It has been a memorable three-year adventure. Each episode was well-conceived and delivered. Best Robinson/Don/Robot/Smith Lost In Space version ever--and next best is waaaaaay back in second place.

visionary

Reaction score

I am down to the last two episodes for the series. It has been a memorable three-year adventure. Each episode was well-conceived and delivered. Best Robinson/Don/Robot/Smith Lost In Space version ever--and next best is waaaaaay back in second place.

just kidding man
I thought you would be used to my dry sense of humor by now
:thumbup:

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished watching Another Life season 2. I am giving it a 3 out of 10. So cliche, even the ending is a retread of a very old idea.

I mentioned in another post I am not a fan of Katee Sackhoff. I just don't like her acting style.

For a series to be successful, IMO, there has to be some likeable characters, especially the main characters who are our heroes. People want to be interested in the characters or they will not want to watch every week. This show lacks that. None of he characters are interesting and some I just wish would stay off the screen. There is some awful acting too. Niko's (Katee Sackhoff) husband is such a bad actor he ruins that character and he is an important part of the story in the end. He reminds me of Jeff from American Dad. The best character on the show is the AI.

The show violates my premise that humans would not build a multi-trillion dollar space vehicle and then entrust it to a bunch of psychological misfits. The future of Earth, the existence of humanity, is at stake you do not send a bunch of 20 somethings with emotional issues to deal with the problem. You send the best of the best, a tight knit crew that knows and understands that there has to be a hierarchy of command, and they must work together cohesively for the protection of all of them. It's like picking crew members for nuclear submarines.

Based on how season 2 ended, I do not think there will ever be a season 3, which would look a lot like Star Trek, and that is a good thing. This needed to end. Now it needs to be buried in a deep hole somewhere.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished watching Another Life season 2. I am giving it a 3 out of 10. So cliche, even the ending is a retread of a very old idea.

I mentioned in another post I am not a fan of Katee Sackhoff. I just don't like her acting style.

For a series to be successful, IMO, there has to be some likeable characters, especially the main characters who are our heroes. People want to be interested in the characters or they will not want to watch every week. This show lacks that. None of he characters are interesting and some I just wish would stay off the screen. There is some awful acting too. Niko's (Katee Sackhoff) husband is such a bad actor he ruins that character and he is an important part of the story in the end. He reminds me of Jeff from American Dad. The best character on the show is the AI.

The show violates my premise that humans would not build a multi-trillion dollar space vehicle and then entrust it to a bunch of psychological misfits. The future of Earth, the existence of humanity, is at stake you do not send a bunch of 20 somethings with emotional issues to deal with the problem. You send the best of the best, a tight knit crew that knows and understands that there has to be a hierarchy of command, and they must work together cohesively for the protection of all of them. It's like picking crew members for nuclear submarines.

Based on how season 2 ended, I do not think there will ever be a season 3, which would look a lot like Star Trek, and that is a good thing. This needed to end. Now it needs to be buried in a deep hole somewhere.
I didn't think it was that bad. I won't be sad if there's no S3, and I agree that a Star Trek like world is where that would have to go, unless something changed that before it even got started, which could actually make it a very good story. Overall, I give it a 6/10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gotten through the first three episodes of Lost In Space final season. I will be sad when I reach the end. The show is infinitely better than the original 1960's series and much improved over the 1990's movie remake too. Each episode format has been multiple dangers faced by each family member with "improbable" solutions conceived and executed plus everyday interactive commonplace HUMAN friction and love. And I extend that last part to Robot and Smith as well. Just a good, all-around family science fiction drama with the right mix of very good satire thrown in.

The young actor had a HUGE growth spurt. Not sure how tall Parker Posey is but she is looking slightly up into his eyes now, lol.
Are you sure it's the final season? They definitely left possibilities at the end.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you sure it's the final season? They definitely left possibilities at the end.
Per the executive producer, Zack Estrin:

[Link] “From the beginning, we’ve always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy. A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end. It’s also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it’s Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith… and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of ‘Lost In Space’ is coming to a rousing conclusion, I’m excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead.”

Of course, that was announced March of LAST year. However, it is the only "hard" confirmation that I know of.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Per the executive producer, Zack Estrin:

[Link] “From the beginning, we’ve always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy. A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end. It’s also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it’s Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith… and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of ‘Lost In Space’ is coming to a rousing conclusion, I’m excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead.”

Of course, that was announced March of LAST year. However, it is the only "hard" confirmation that I know of.
"This chapter"? I don't know, it doesn't sound definitive to me. Maybe they planned it that way, but the success of the show may change their minds.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"This chapter"? I don't know, it doesn't sound definitive to me. Maybe they planned it that way, but the success of the show may change their minds.
I hope you are right but I will not be holding my breath. I found Netflix's Media Center (it never occurred to me to check whether the service had one before). Click the link for the series' press release:

https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/80104198

Occasionally, network, cable or even streaming series get renewed after an official cancellation but it is not the norm.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Dude, Will Robinson grew like 3 feet since the last episode.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished LIS. That is how you wrap up a series. :clap:
My question is, what was the point of going to the robot world and talking to all the robots there, if they never become part of the story? That's the biggest reason I expect another season.[spoiler/]

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Blasted through season three of Lost in Space. Made me happy, sad and mad all at the same time.

Happy the show got an actual ending.
Sad that it was only 8 episodes.
Mad that it was the last season as I really liked it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My question is, what was the point of going to the robot world and talking to all the robots there, if they never become part of the story? That's the biggest reason I expect another season.[spoiler/]
Check your PM's. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Star Trek: Discovery's character development is getting really deep. I think they're getting more into the backgrounds than any other ST series, and I like it a lot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Trek: Discovery's character development is getting really deep. I think they're getting more into the backgrounds than any other ST series, and I like it a lot.

I enjoy the series but feel that the male bashing is getting too heavy-handed. I don’t know who’s so angry but I don’t need it thrust in my face with every episode.