***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched Don't Look Up

It was ok....nothing spectacular. Some funny character, little over the top but decent.

I thought it poked fun of both the left and the right when it came to how things are covered and the political landscape.

I think I remember seeing where the director saud this is about how we are ignoring climate change, as it is right in front of us. I have my own thoughts on that, but will leave those out of this topic.

6/10 if I were to score it. The characters kept me entertained.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was great for a comedy show that released during the time period it came out in and depending on what age you were at the time.

It has been a long time since a comedy show came out I liked and there have been dozens if not hundreds released in that timeframe.
And that's why I said, "Different strokes". If you were a kid, or teenager, it was probably funny. I watched once in a while (probably hoping the older sister would be the main focus of the episode) and I got the occasional chuckle, but mostly I found it corny. I just Googled 1990 sitcoms to get an idea of what I was watching regularly, and it turns out, I found just about everything corny then. They were still running later seasons of Cheers, Cosby, etc, which were more my style.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched Don't Look Up

It was ok....nothing spectacular. Some funny character, little over the top but decent.

I thought it poked fun of both the left and the right when it came to how things are covered and the political landscape.

I think I remember seeing where the director saud this is about how we are ignoring climate change, as it is right in front of us. I have my own thoughts on that, but will leave those out of this topic.

Agreed. It had its moments, as long as you weren't expecting much. What surprised me was how many bigger names were in it. Personally, I thought the funniest part was Ariana Grande's song.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. It had its moments, as long as you weren't expecting much. What surprised me was how many bigger names were in it. Personally, I thought the funniest part was Ariana Grande's song.
LOL that was good.
The dress, the lyrics, the cusing in a ballad.

Sammy

Reaction score
Harriet is streaming on basic Peacock. Excellent engaging movie, and I even learned a few things.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been on a bit of a Tubi Binge. For those that don't know, Tubi is a free streaming service/app. Similar to Crackle and Pluto TV but they have a little less ad breaks compared to those two. So the following movies are all on Tubi

Black Mountain Side - Archeologist find something in a snow covered section of Canada that could be the find of the century. Something that is extremely old and predates what they originally thought about the people from that area.
It starts out kind of interesting and cool, stays somewhat interesting with what is unfolding but then it goes off the rails with something that was so silly I had to turn it off. It's a shame. This could have been a good movie if they would have changed things a bit.

Soldiers of the Damned - I really like WWII movies. I also like Horror movies. Sometimes the two get mixed together. For a lower budget movie, this one started of somewhat ok. The premise being about the Himmler's obsession with the occult sending A female scientist, an SS officer and a group of **** soldiers into a "haunted forest" To look for some relic and for a mythical race of people to help them in the war. Cool part of the premise is that it starts out saying a little bit about the regular german soldiers NOT like the SS soldiers much. So that plays into the movie.
So for a lower budget movie it starts out ok and has a decent premise but it goes off the rails before too long. This, and the prior movie mentioned, is the type of movie that could have a better budget, keep the basic premise but change the script some and it would be a good movie.

Enders Game - Harrison Ford is in it. 2013 sci fi movie. Not bad, Don't think it did great at the box office and it is not a great movie, but it is ok.

Skulls - I have liked this movie for some time, the sequel is not bad either. Both deal with young ambitious people in college looking to join a prestigious secret society. After getting in things happen and it goes south for them. If you have not seen either, give them a chance.

The Condemned and The Condemned 2 - The first one with Stone Cold Steve austin is not a bad action movie. The kind of movie where you just want some fighting and killing with no major plot. However the second one with randy orton? I just could not get through it.

The Tournament - This is an overlooked action movie IMO. Ving Rhames and Robert Carlyle. Robert Carlyle plays a drunk pastor who gets roped into, through no fault of his own, a Tournament of Assassins who can win millions by being the last assassin standing. Actually a pretty good action movie. Again this is not going to win any awards for a the script but good action movie.

Have some other movies on my list to watch, most I have seen prior.

Bubba Ho-Tep
Aliens
Highlander
Broken Arrow

The also have some a few of the Librarian movies. Have never watched any but might give them a chance.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been on a bit of a Tubi Binge. For those that don't know, Tubi is a free streaming service/app. Similar to Crackle and Pluto TV but they have a little less ad breaks compared to those two. So the following movies are all on Tubi

Black Mountain Side - Archeologist find something in a snow covered section of Canada that could be the find of the century. Something that is extremely old and predates what they originally thought about the people from that area.
It starts out kind of interesting and cool, stays somewhat interesting with what is unfolding but then it goes off the rails with something that was so silly I had to turn it off. It's a shame. This could have been a good movie if they would have changed things a bit.

Soldiers of the Damned - I really like WWII movies. I also like Horror movies. Sometimes the two get mixed together. For a lower budget movie, this one started of somewhat ok. The premise being about the Himmler's obsession with the occult sending A female scientist, an SS officer and a group of **** soldiers into a "haunted forest" To look for some relic and for a mythical race of people to help them in the war. Cool part of the premise is that it starts out saying a little bit about the regular german soldiers NOT like the SS soldiers much. So that plays into the movie.
So for a lower budget movie it starts out ok and has a decent premise but it goes off the rails before too long. This, and the prior movie mentioned, is the type of movie that could have a better budget, keep the basic premise but change the script some and it would be a good movie.

Enders Game - Harrison Ford is in it. 2013 sci fi movie. Not bad, Don't think it did great at the box office and it is not a great movie, but it is ok.

Skulls - I have liked this movie for some time, the sequel is not bad either. Both deal with young ambitious people in college looking to join a prestigious secret society. After getting in things happen and it goes south for them. If you have not seen either, give them a chance.

The Condemned and The Condemned 2 - The first one with Stone Cold Steve austin is not a bad action movie. The kind of movie where you just want some fighting and killing with no major plot. However the second one with randy orton? I just could not get through it.

The Tournament - This is an overlooked action movie IMO. Ving Rhames and Robert Carlyle. Robert Carlyle plays a drunk pastor who gets roped into, through no fault of his own, a Tournament of Assassins who can win millions by being the last assassin standing. Actually a pretty good action movie. Again this is not going to win any awards for a the script but good action movie.

Bubba Ho-Tep
Aliens
Highlander
Broken Arrow

The also have some a few of the Librarian movies. Have never watched any but might give them a chance.
Ender's Game was a great book, but making it into a movie was too difficult when it first came out. Once they had the technology to do a good job with the effects, they seemed to jump at the chance. I'm not sure if it was miscast or what, but the movie was like you said, "okay".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bubba Ho-Tep
Aliens
Highlander
Broken Arrow

Ender's Game was a great book, but making it into a movie was too difficult when it first came out. Once they had the technology to do a good job with the effects, they seemed to jump at the chance. I'm not sure if it was miscast or what, but the movie was like you said, "okay".
One of Ender's crewmates was played by a younger Hailee Steinfeld, who also co-headlines as Kate Bishop in Disney+ recent Hawkeye. Not a great role but I think anyone could see that she would have a solid acting career ahead of her.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of Ender's crewmates was played by a younger Hailee Steinfeld, who also co-headlines as Kate Bishop in Disney+ recent Hawkeye. Not a great role but I think anyone could see that she would have a solid acting career ahead of her.

I need to get around to watching that. Everyone raves about it.
Liked a few of the Marvel shows on Netflix except for IronFist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need to get around to watching that. Everyone raves about it.
Liked a few of the Marvel shows on Netflix except for IronFist.
Hawkeye is a good watch but I would slot it below Netflix's Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (in that order). I think it is better than The Punisher (with no disrespect directed at Jon Bernthal's great portrayal) and The Defenders.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hawkeye is a good watch but I would slot it below Netflix's Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (in that order). I think it is better than The Punisher (with no disrespect directed at Jon Bernthal's great portrayal) and The Defenders.
I disagree. I put it well above any of those. Daredevil is close, but still not on the level of Hawkeye, IMO.

rynochop

Reaction score
Watched Don't Look Up

That was pretty much my thoughts on it. Had some funny moments, the general charging them for water and chips when it was free I found to be random funny.

I hate to say there would be some elements of that movie in real life if there was a meteor headed here. Meteor deniers, people looking to make money off it, etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. I put it well above any of those. Daredevil is close, but still not on the level of Hawkeye, IMO.
I am sure your disagreement is shared by others. :) Despite its scattered tense moments, Hawkeye is a lighter shade of movie superhero entertainment. Hailee Steinfeld was great casting for projecting that particular theme.

My enjoyment range is wide but I do tend to lend more towards gritter superhero stuff. Additionally, the various Netflix series had the advantage (for me) of having more episodes per season in building more expansive storylines than Hawkeye.

Audiences (well for me at least) were able to experience deep dives into the characters Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter played. I am a bigger fan of their work of translating comic book pages to the small screen for that reason. Personally, I had hoped Jeremy Renner would have an opportunity (using more flashbacks) to go deeper into Ronin's past. He did add some more of Clint Barton private life during this first season but not very much more than had been built previously in the MCU movies. Thankfully, they did allow Steinfeld more flexibility in constructing her Bishop character--although I am not as familiar with it from comics as I am with Barton to be perfectly honest.

I am waiting anxiously on Hawkeye's second season. Maybe I will bump it up a notch or more on my list then. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am sure your disagreement is shared by others. :) Despite its scattered tense moments, Hawkeye is a lighter shade of movie superhero entertainment. Hailee Steinfeld was great casting for projecting that particular theme.

My enjoyment range is wide but I do tend to lend more towards gritter superhero stuff. Additionally, the various Netflix series had the advantage (for me) of having more episodes per season in building more expansive storylines than Hawkeye.

Audiences (well for me at least) were able to experience deep dives into the characters Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter played. I am a bigger fan of their work of translating comic book pages to the small screen for that reason. Personally, I had hoped Jeremy Renner would have an opportunity (using more flashbacks) to go deeper into Ronin's past. He did add some more of Clint Barton private life during this first season but not very much more than had been built previously in the MCU movies. Thankfully, they did allow Steinfeld more flexibility in constructing her Bishop character--although I am not as familiar with it from comics as I am with Barton to be perfectly honest.

I am waiting anxiously on Hawkeye's second season. Maybe I will bump it up a notch or more on my list then. :p
I imagine they didn't want to get too deep into Clint's character, simply because the series is mostly about passing the torch. I do wish there were enough episodes to go deeper though, plus I really like the mood of the show...and

I developed a huge crush on Yelena in the episodes she was in. Her comedic timing and acting are fantastic. I think I actually like her more than Scarlett. [Spoiler/]

Creeper

Reaction score
I started Hannah season 3, but quit after 1 1/2 episodes. Maybe I'll go back to it but I will have to be in the right mood. I am not interested in Hannah, the Love Story. I started Wheel of Time. First episode has got me interested. Not a big fan of Rosamond Pike but so far she hasn't turned me off to the show.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started Hannah season 3, but quit after 1 1/2 episodes. Maybe I'll go back to it but I will have to be in the right mood. I am not interested in Hannah, the Love Story. I started Wheel of Time. First episode has got me interested. Not a big fan of Rosamond Pike but so far she hasn't turned me off to the show.
Stick with HANNA. Sure, there's an awkward relationship, but that's actually a small part of the show. It's just a catalyst for everything that happens.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Peacemaker (The Suicide Squad spinoff) premiered its first 3 episodes today on HBOMax. Watched the first and a bit of a mixed bag, though I laughed quite a bit. I can tell this show isn't going to take itself too seriously, and I expect some zany crazy shenanigans to happen. Cool to see Robert Patrick around. John Cena has really grown as an actor and I hope he can carry the show. 90% on Rotten Tomatoes so far which is surprisingly very high. I think im going to enjoy this more than Hawkeye and even maybe Book of Boba Fett.

khiladi

Reaction score
I do. Do you like Star Trek at all?

Not really.. I just have an offer right now, so I just wanted to get opinions if I should exercise it right now or should I just wait it out.

Is it good for series or movies of both?
Are they offering a big selection?