***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you didn't mind sitting through the first few episodes of Wandavision, then I'd say check it out. It's not something I couldn't live without, but like I said, it has it's moments.

I liked the settings and aesthetics of WandaVision. I love the old comedies they referenced like Lucy and Dick Van Dyke and the 50’s had such style that I feel we lack today. And I’m a huge superhero fan as well so that helped to keep me around on that one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I liked the settings and aesthetics of WandaVision. I love the old comedies they referenced like Lucy and Dick Van Dyke and the 50’s had such style that I feel we lack today. And I’m a huge superhero fan as well so that helped to keep me around on that one.
I almost stopped watching, but knew it had to get better, which it obviously did. Lol

Lucy and DVD were the originals. That made them less corny. It the later sitcoms that tried to copy them that I really despise.

Anyway, there's no laugh track on Ghosts, which helps make it less corny. Plus the wife is very cute. The husband is probably the worst part of the show, at least until you get used to him.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished the first part of the last season of Ozark. Pretty good. One thing about Ozark is there is always a holy crap moment in the last episodes of a season. Where everything is going normal and then Bam out of nowhere.

I still need to finish Archive 81. Kind of strange and I won't give anything away but it seems they are making sure to give you obvious clues about what is going on.

I am watching Archive 81 as well. Not sure what to make of it yet. It looks like the ending is going to make or break it for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't Look Up - Netflix. 5 out of 10. Missed the mark for me, they made some of the characters too goofy and clownish like Streep and Hill. Would have been better if they hadn't tried to make it campy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't Look Up - Netflix. 5 out of 10. Missed the mark for me, they made some of the characters too goofy and clownish like Streep and Hill. Would have been better if they hadn't tried to make it campy.
That's pretty much who Hill is, IMO, and Streep just sucks at comedy...That's not to say you're wrong. It might have been better had they done it straight, for the most part, except Ariana Grande's song. That was the best part of it for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy Carr - His Darker Material - Netflix. This was funny along the lines of Anthony Jeselnik's Fire in the Maternity Ward. They are similar in presentation as they are more playing the part of a comedian.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jimmy Carr - His Darker Material - Netflix. This was funny along the lines of Anthony Jeselnik's Fire in the Maternity Ward. They are similar in presentation as they are more playing the part of a comedian.
He definitely tries to offend the more sensitive people.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I watched the fifth episode of The Book of Boba Fett and it was great. The episode helps setup the final two episodes of the season and more. And I can't wait to see those episodes and more. :flagwave:
I thoroughly enjoyed all the action scenes shown during The Book of Boba Fett Din Djarin this week. Din Djarin is even more badass using the Darksaber.
PoOaEIf.gif

I know this isn't as exciting as the action scenes, but the establishing shot of the space station where the Mandalorian covert is located to was awesome.
yVJejSU.gif

I have always liked the design of the N-1 Starfighter from the The Phantom Menace. "Now this is podracing!" No, it literally is not. But the ship is "wizard."
3EOM2m2.gif

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the fifth episode of The Book of Boba Fett and it was great. The episode helps setup the final two episodes of the season and more. And I can't wait to see those episodes and more. :flagwave:
I thoroughly enjoyed all the action scenes shown during The Book of Boba Fett Din Djarin this week. Din Djarin is even more badass using the Darksaber.
PoOaEIf.gif

I know this isn't as exciting as the action scenes, but the establishing shot of the space station where the Mandalorian covert is located to was awesome.
yVJejSU.gif

I have always liked the design of the N-1 Starfighter from the The Phantom Menace. "Now this is podracing!" No, it literally is not. But the ship is "wizard."
3EOM2m2.gif

I loved this latest ‘Book of Boba Fett’ episode as well. The best of the entire series - by far - in my opinion.

Firstly, it was an amazing 90-degree turn to something completely unexpected. This was an episode of the Mandolorian tucked into this series. Kudos to the creative team for this surprise treat.

Secondly, it was so much BIGGER in size and scope than anything we’ve seen in the Boba Fett series. The effects were also top notch. It looked more like a movie than an episode. And for us long-time fans, there were a bunch of Easter eggs along the way as well.

I’m happy to say that this episode has renewed my hopes for the rest of the series.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Finished off season 2 of Locke & Key. Really enjoy this show.

I was worried they were wrapping up the series the way the final episode was going then they laid the groundwork for season 3 at the very end. Just read it was renewed for a third. That makes me happy. Now sure how much of a "spoiler" this would be but decided to hide it anyway.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finished off season 2 of Locke & Key. Really enjoy this show.

I was worried they were wrapping up the series the way the final episode was going then they laid the groundwork for season 3 at the very end. Just read it was renewed for a third. That makes me happy. Now sure how much of a "spoiler" this would be but decided to hide it anyway.
I actually liked the first season better, but s2 was good too.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I’m not sure that they have a predetermined schedule for them. I think it’s based on the story they have to tell. WandaVision had 9 episodes and I think Boba Fett has 8. I think I’ve read that She-Hulk will have 10 episodes when it’s released.

Think Boba only has 2 more, so 7.

You're right, though. I'd rather have a good, concise story than more fluff episodes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, the two movies were excellent... Two different directions but both very good!

I very much enjoyed the first season of the TV series– May even qualify as excellent!

I found it a slog to get through the second season.

Finished the second season. The first season was so much better. Heck the german couple in the second one were grating on my nerves.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Have not watched his stand up stuff. However I do watch a lot of clips of him on various game shows out of England and he cracks me up. Don't know if you have ever watched clips of the shows 8 out of 10 cats or the big fat quiz that he hosts but they are normally pretty funny. Especially Joe Wilkinson's bits on there.

Creeper

Reaction score
I may be behind on this one but I just finished Wheel of Time on Prime Video. Before I get into the show I need to rant about Amazon Prime for a minute.

I have a Samsung TV and I mostly stream through the apps on the TV. I normally watch Netflix this way and I never have a streaming problem. It works first time, every time. Amazon, not so much. About every 3 tries the app starts to load and craps out. To get it to work I have to reset the TV by unplugging it for 20 seconds and then restarting it. This works most of the time, but not all the time. I should not have to fight with my TV to get Amazon Prime to work. Today was a battle royale. But eventually I got it working (I never give up on these things. EVER!) and was able to catch the last episode of Wheel of Time.

I really liked the first 7 episodes. I am not typically a big Rosamond Pike fan, but she did not annoy me too much in this show. In fact, of all the primary actors she is probably the only one I would not replace with another actor. Maybe I'd keep the guy who plays her sidekick too. I mean seriously, they had to try to find unattractive actors for this show. But it is not just the looks. I just don't think the actors fit the parts they are playing and in some cases the acting itself is a little weak. The kid they got to play the main protagonist is just an awful fit for the part, IMO. It is not bad enough to ruin the show, just a little detail I noticed.

The problem with the show is the final episode. What a major disappointment. I thought it was Game of Thrones final episode bad. I get that they wanted to set up season 2, if there is a season 2 coming, but surely they could have done a better job than what they produced. If there is no season 2 then Wheel of Time ends like Dark Matter. Huge cliffhanger never to be explained or resolved.

I won't get into spoilers, except one thing that is bugging me below. Overall, I liked the series despite the last episode. If there is a season 2 I will probably watch it. I give it a 7 out of 10.

When the the Army of Trollocs is attacking through the pass the ruler of Fal Dara takes his army to the barrier at the opening of the pass to try to hold the Torllocs from getting through. In the meantime, his sister summons a handful of women who can channel the power so they can unite as a last defense when the Trollocs break through the Fal Dara army, which they do. So the 5 women are left to stand against the entire Trolloc army. They channel the power and direct it to the sister of the ruler and then she directs the combined power at the Trollocs - and destroys the entire army. Thank goodness for that! But my question is, if they could do that then why didn't they go to the pass instead of the entire army and destroys the Trollocs before they got through the barrier wall? Would have saved a lot of lives.