***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, chatting with a friend about wanting to get Paramount+ for Halo (when it comes out) and he made mention that he got 1 year free through T-Mobile. I'm with T-Mobile! I went to the website, and boom, there it was. So I signed up for the service. It does have ads (which kind of sucks, but hey, it's free), but there is a lot of interesting content on the app. I'm looking forward to having this.

I do have a question for you all though! I thought Yellowstone was on Paramount+? I could not find it for the life of me last night searching around. Am I misunderstanding what platform it is on?
It's on Paramount, but it costs extra.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
So, chatting with a friend about wanting to get Paramount+ for Halo (when it comes out) and he made mention that he got 1 year free through T-Mobile. I'm with T-Mobile! I went to the website, and boom, there it was. So I signed up for the service. It does have ads (which kind of sucks, but hey, it's free), but there is a lot of interesting content on the app. I'm looking forward to having this.

I do have a question for you all though! I thought Yellowstone was on Paramount+? I could not find it for the life of me last night searching around. Am I misunderstanding what platform it is on?
The first three seasons of Yellowstone stream on Peacock. To watch the forth season you have to use Paramount Network which is different that Paramount+.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The first three seasons of Yellowstone stream on Peacock. To watch the forth season you have to use Paramount Network which is different that Paramount+.
I can watch it free (first three seasons) with Peacock, which I just recently discovered. I wonder how long it'll be before I can watch S4.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not soon enough. It's very strange the way they are doing Yellowstone.
Regarding the final episode of S3:
I'm not crazy about the "Who shot JR?" cliffhanger they're trying to hand us. As long as that gorgeous daughter-in-law survives, I'm good. Lol [spoiler/]

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's on Paramount, but it costs extra.
That's the ultimate reason why I never subscribe to services like that. They start out pretending to be one thing and then start paywalling things left and right just to squeeze more money out of people.

Say what you want about Netflix, but being able to pay one flat rate and have access to everything is worth it even when they increase prices a little every so often.

That said, the moment Netflix starts creating "tiers" of content, I am done with them.

Networks like NBC ultimately want you to pay a subscription fee which covers their costs, and then pay for each season of each show much like you would in the old days of buying TV show seasons on DVD/BluRay.

They are going to bait-and-switch you and first-one-is-free you to death to hide what their ultimate plans are.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That's the ultimate reason why I never subscribe to services like that. They start out pretending to be one thing and then start paywalling things left and right just to squeeze more money out of people.

Say what you want about Netflix, but being able to pay one flat rate and have access to everything is worth it even when they increase prices a little every so often.

That said, the moment Netflix starts creating "tiers" of content, I am done with them.

Networks like NBC ultimately want you to pay a subscription fee which covers their costs, and then pay for each season of each show much like you would in the old days of buying TV show seasons on DVD/BluRay.

They are going to bait-and-switch you and first-one-is-free you to death to hide what their ultimate plans are.
Agreed. If I had one complaint about Netflix, it is that they want to charge extra to get 4K content. A lot of my other subscription streaming services just come with 4K content already.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody watch The Stand on Paramount+? Started it last night. I'm only a couple episodes in, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not sure how it is going to stand up to the 1994 TV miniseries, but so far so good!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anybody watch The Stand on Paramount+? Started it last night. I'm only a couple episodes in, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not sure how it is going to stand up to the 1994 TV miniseries, but so far so good!
I hated the miniseries, and I only watched a few episodes of the new series.

visionary

Reaction score
Watching a limited series

the Innocent on Netflix

so far really good

7.5/10

visionary

Reaction score
I’ve been slowly watching the Expanse on Amazon

I’ve herb in Sci Fi for a long time and have to say that it is a really good Sci Fi show . Story moves along and keeps your attention, the production is well done and does not seem “artificial “ or cheesy but quite believable

Very tough to do in a long series like this

I’m at season 4 right now and enjoying it

8/10

Creeper

Reaction score

Agreed. Amazon also segments its content into "free" for Prime customers and pay per view. Amazon has a lot of content that costs extra. I have even seen them offer some seasons of a series for free with Prime but then charge extra to watch the most recent season. I have Prime for the free 2 day shipping (which is also turning out to be more than 2 days lately) or I would cancel Prime right after I watch the Expanse. Which brings me to another point.

Some of these streaming services are dropping 1 episode per week for some series. Amazon did it with The last season of The Expanse. That seems like a very defensive move. Are they afraid people will buy the service for one month and then cancel after streaming the series? Some services drop 2 episodes a week which makes even less sense. I usually wait until all episodes are online before I start watching.

I still prefer Netflix, although their annual subscription price increases and older movie content is sometimes annoying.

One thing I do know is that the studios will sometimes dictate to the services how and when their content is offered. Take the move The Matrix, which is not offered for free on Prime and is not available on Netflix. I am pretty sure the studio is dictating that, otherwise I think Netflix would have it and Prime would include it in their free content. One tip. I once started watching s series on Amazon and after 4 seasons I found I needed to pay for the 5th season. I complained to Amazon and they sent me a credit to purchase the past season. That was nice but they told me it was some kind of studio contract that prevented them from offering season 5 with Prime as free content.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve been slowly watching the Expanse on Amazon

I’ve herb in Sci Fi for a long time and have to say that it is a really good Sci Fi show . Story moves along and keeps your attention, the production is well done and does not seem “artificial “ or cheesy but quite believable

Very tough to do in a long series like this

I’m at season 4 right now and enjoying it

8/10
They're also more careful about the science than most space shows are. They do make the sound of the ships audible from outside perspective, but I assume that's because it would seem strange to not hear them, as a viewer. I personally would prefer the realism, but most of the other technical aspects are so spot on that I don't feel like it's an oversight on their part, but a choice.

visionary

Reaction score
They're also more careful about the science than most space shows are. They do make the sound of the ships audible from outside perspective, but I assume that's because it would seem strange to not hear them, as a viewer. I personally would prefer the realism, but most of the other technical aspects are so spot on that I don't feel like it's an oversight on their part, but a choice.

agree
From my perspective in Sci Fi or fantasy I’m willing to suspend reality (after all I’m a Cowboys fan) and agree to your “rules” but the narrative has to be consistent within those boundaries otherwise you’ve lost me. These guys do a really good job if it and it is esp difficult because if the sheer magnitude of the story as it evolves

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the first things I noticed about that show was ammo, debris, etc. actually pierce space ships which made it very different than other space shows early on.

I enjoyed the show and, while I was disappointed it ended, at least they gave it some closure at the end which is more than you can say about a lot of other shows.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I watched the sixth episode of The Book of Boba Fett and deviates from the main plot again, but with less action than last week. Hopefully the season finale is just packed with action next week. :popcorn:
If you're a fan of Luke's training on Dagobah in The Empire Strikes Back, you'll like this one. It ends in a dilemma...
CgINfcJ.gif

It is a false dilemma. Tarre Vizsla was a both a Mandalorian and a Jedi. Luke had attachments. Grogu's response...
lSyE27O.gif

But it did feature the live action introduction of another bounty hunter, the cause of Fett's helmet dent, Cad Bane...
ebsY3dR.gif

Last edited: