***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the third episode of Moon Knight and the middle was slow, but the end was a spectacle. I appreciated they dedicated it to actor Gaspard Ulliel. We're officially halfway through the season. :D

I was really looking forward to this show. I have to say it is watchable but it really has not lived up to how good I was thinking it would be. Also have to wonder if they did not think it was going to be that good and that is why there were only six episodes ordered.

I will finish the season but was hoping for better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a subscriber to Shudder in order to get my horror movie fix...

But I've found Pluto.tv and Tubitv.com and I've dropped Shudder.

Both Pluto and Tubi are free (their programming is subsidized by commercials–which I don't mind).

It wasn't the cost thing or lack there of, but Pluto maintains 2 full-time channels for horror flicks meaning I can access either any time during the day and they're playing a horror movie. Much of the time I'm not looking for a specific movie, just something for some background noise.

Tubi maintains a horror movie list of about 1,000 films (they do rotate out a portion of their titles every month), so when the mood strikes to stream a horror film that feel like paying attention to, I head to TubiTV. Their list of horror films cuts across several eras and different niches within the genre. They even have several of the flicks that appeared on the Chiller Channel when that was carried by the cable system.

I'm pleased with both services.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Stayed up way too late last night :D squeezing in the first 2 episodes of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on HBO Max. Took me a little bit to get use to the characters breaking the 4th wall, however, I am officially in on this show. I enjoyed those first two episodes. Also, I really think John C. Reilly is a great actor.

I do wonder, though, how much they embellished some of the characters? The time period was a little bit before my time, but I can't imagine Jerry West was that much of a hot head in real life?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Watched "The Thing About Pam" over weekend. The six series episodes were definetely interesting. Watching it tho confirmed to me that Renae Zelwegger is a great actor. I though she was good in the Judy Garland movie but she was equally great in this series. I know she has a habit of gaining weight for different parts and am not sure if she did for this one but she definetly played the part well.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
The new Batman movie just got released on HBO Max and planning to watch it tonight. I have avoided reviews and several of the trailers to not spoil it.

Gonna have to watch it soon. My daughter went to the theater to see it. She's not a comic book movie fan but she really liked it. Though I think it was because it stars Twilight the vampire.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gonna have to watch it soon. My daughter went to the theater to see it. She's not a comic book movie fan but she really liked it. Though I think it was because it stars Twilight the vampire.
I will say this about Pattison, he was the only one that could act in Twilight.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watched "The Thing About Pam" over weekend. The six series episodes were definetely interesting. Watching it tho confirmed to me that Renae Zelwegger is a great actor. I though she was good in the Judy Garland movie but she was equally great in this series. I know she has a habit of gaining weight for different parts and am not sure if she did for this one but she definetly played the part well.

I just caught the Dateline TV show about Pam and it is amazing how well she played the part of Pam. But they guy cast in the part of Russ Faria was to total mis-cast. The real Russ was not that slow or doofy.

The overall story was really compelling. The Dateline episode included interview scenes with the prosecutor Leah Askey. It is amazing how clueless she appears to be still holding on to her belief that Russ Faria killed his wife.

Creeper

Reaction score
Did anyone watch Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix. It is a story about a British MP who had an affair with a young woman who worked for him who accused him of raping her in an elevator after he broke off their relationship. There is a lot more to it, some of it a little far fetched, but the series raises some interesting questions about what is rape vs consent. It is a bit contrived but necessarily to raise the questions. I am curious how men view this fictional case vs women.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will say this about Pattison, he was the only one that could act in Twilight.
Are you excluding Kristen "Bellllllal!" Stewart from that observation? If so, shame on you! Take a second and look at the FULL range of emotional expression her acting...

6f6.jpg

aw crap :(