***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched episode two of Moon Knight and enjoyed it. The episode featured more action, a lot of exposition, and a couple laughs. Through one third of the season now, next week is the half way point.
This episode was a little better, but it's still my least favorite MCU series, by far. In fact, if they suddenly cancelled it, I'd be fine.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Had some viewing time and did a lot of catching up last week.

Halo, Paramount+ - I want to preface this by saying I’ve never played the video game. So the plot was not as obvious to me. I had no idea this was a RoboCop plot. One of my all-time classic sci-if faves. It made me regret I had not played the game. Cool storyline, obviously borrowed from a lot of sources but yeah, if I had to compare it to anything, it’s a sci-fi RoboCop. First episode was good enough that me and the wife will keep watching.

Reacher, Amazon - I read a lot of good reviews and I completely agree with all of you. We binged the whole season last week, and I can see why everyone was fed up with the Tom Cruise movie versions. Never read the books, but definitely a different take on Reacher and a much more enjoyable watch. Good detective story watch, we did predict some of the turns, but the main actor does a great job, and I will come back for another season.

Winning Time, HBOMAX - So I’m caught up on all the episodes and I still think it’s a great watch. Definitely more of a guys TV show. Does not hold back on the party lifestyle in the NBA. But the young man who plays Magic Johnson continues to amaze me. I did read an article, that is not just CGI cheating, they got lucky and found an actor who could nail Magic’s famous smile and charisma.

Winning time is based on a book by Jeff Pearlman. It has been picked up for a second season already. It obviously has taken some liberties and shouldn't be taken seriously, but I have really enjoyed it.

Pearlman also did a book on the Jerry and Jimmy Cowboys. I would love to see them make that a TV show. If they can make Jerry West, who no one has anything bad to say about, into a blabbering mess. I would love to see what they would do with Jerry Jones. Make it happen.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This episode was a little better, but it's still my least favorite MCU series, by far. In fact, if they suddenly cancelled it, I'd be fine.

Agreed.
Better but still not great.
I enjoyed most of the Netflix Marvel shows a good deal more...with the exception of iron fist, that guy playing that role was so annoying.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed.
I enjoyed most of the Netflix Marvel shows a good deal more...with the exception of iron fist, that guy playing that role was so annoying.
I couldn't stop thinking about The Greatest American Hero every time I saw him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

Falcon and Winter Soldier has been the weakest of the Disney/Marvel TV series for me. That ‘villain’ was pathetic.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Falcon and Winter Soldier has been the weakest of the Disney/Marvel TV series for me. That ‘villain’ was pathetic.

I have to be honest...Really have not watched hardly any of the disney marvel shows.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I highly recommend WandaVision and Loki if you’re caught up on the films. Both were really well done and get even better upon rewatching.
I may be in the minority, but I think Hawkeye was my favorite one... especially once Natasha's sister showed up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may be in the minority, but I think Hawkeye was my favorite one... especially once Natasha's sister showed up.

Of the new Disney+ series, that one is a distant 3rd for me. Better than Falcon & Winter Soldier, but far behind WandaVision and Loki. My biggest gripe was that there wasn't all that much that happened. They seemed to be setting up a lot of stuff early on, but very little came to any meaningful fruition.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of the new Disney+ series, that one is a distant 3rd for me. Better than Falcon & Winter Soldier, but far behind WandaVision and Loki. My biggest gripe was that there wasn't all that much that happened. They seemed to be setting up a lot of stuff early on, but very little came to any meaningful fruition.
That's true, but the humor took it a long way for me.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Wife made me watch Julia Child series on HBO Max. Was not happy at first, but pretty good actually. Lot of food, wine and booze which is always nice and I appreciate the historical significance of the show. Hard to believe with so many cooking networks nowadays that she was the first cooking show. They even show how that show invented camera angles we take for granted in today’s cooking shows and was the first popular PBS show. Assuming it’s true, shows how much of a hustler she was having to stroke egos in a male dominated society just to get her show started. Lady that plays her is going to win an award.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wife made me watch Julia Child series on HBO Max. Was not happy at first, but pretty good actually. Lot of food, wine and booze which is always nice and I appreciate the historical significance of the show. Hard to believe with so many cooking networks nowadays that she was the first cooking show. They even show how that show invented camera angles we take for granted in today’s cooking shows and was the first popular PBS show. Assuming it’s true, shows how much of a hustler she was having to stroke egos in a male dominated society just to get her show started. Lady that plays her is going to win an award.
Think about a woman, not very attractive, over 6' tall and who walked like a man entering the world of French chefs and what that took to even have them acknowledge her. They grew to respect her.

Truly a special lady and one of the national treasures this country has produced.

In the film, Julie & Julia, Stanley Tucci became so enamored with the food part of it he decided to do a documentary about Italy and it's cuisine.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Think about a woman, not very attractive, over 6' tall and who walked like a man entering the world of French chefs and what that took to even have them acknowledge her. They grew to respect her.

Truly a special lady and one of the national treasures this country has produced.

In the film, Julie & Julia, Stanley Tucci became so enamored with the food part of it he decided to do a documentary about Italy and it's cuisine.
I liked the movie, may have to watch the series now

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Damn I think Winning Time is my favorite show on TV. John C Reily deserves a freaking Emmy. I know everyone loves Ted Lasso', but this is better imo.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked the movie, may have to watch the series now
I just started it yesterday and the casting, directing and writing is exemplary. I just tuned it in to check it out and watched all 4 episodes and would have watched all of them if they were up.

Vaqy is right, there should be some awards out of that and the casting of Julia is incredible. It is as if she's come back to play herself. She was like Fred Rogers in that she represented something good and decent and it just made you feel good watching her. What you saw was what she was.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had some viewing time and did a lot of catching up last week.

Halo, Paramount+ - I want to preface this by saying I’ve never played the video game. So the plot was not as obvious to me. I had no idea this was a RoboCop plot. One of my all-time classic sci-if faves. It made me regret I had not played the game. Cool storyline, obviously borrowed from a lot of sources but yeah, if I had to compare it to anything, it’s a sci-fi RoboCop. First episode was good enough that me and the wife will keep watching.

Reacher, Amazon - I read a lot of good reviews and I completely agree with all of you. We binged the whole season last week, and I can see why everyone was fed up with the Tom Cruise movie versions. Never read the books, but definitely a different take on Reacher and a much more enjoyable watch. Good detective story watch, we did predict some of the turns, but the main actor does a great job, and I will come back for another season.

Winning Time, HBOMAX - So I’m caught up on all the episodes and I still think it’s a great watch. Definitely more of a guys TV show. Does not hold back on the party lifestyle in the NBA. But the young man who plays Magic Johnson continues to amaze me. I did read an article, that is not just CGI cheating, they got lucky and found an actor who could nail Magic’s famous smile and charisma.

Stated watching Halo as well. And like you I have no history of the game so it is all new to me.
Not bad. Nothing ground breaking or super great acting but so far it is a decent sci fi show.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Stated watching Halo as well. And like you I have no history of the game so it is all new to me.
Not bad. Nothing ground breaking or super great acting but so far it is a decent sci fi show.
The show is nothing like the game, lol, so you guys that are new to the lore are in good shape.