***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi and overall I liked it. Leia started to feel a little annoying, but just think it's something about precocious kids that brings that out.....lol The actress playing Reva seemed kinda flat and wooden, maybe she's paying homage to Hayden Christensen?
I thought Leia was good at first, but that chase scene was awful...not her fault, even though she runs funny...but as child actors go, she's not bad. Besides, Star Wars has never impressed me with acting or dialogue.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been watching The Rookie on Hulu. Maybe not the most realistic cop show, but it's definitely entertaining. Nathan Fillion plays his part very well, and does a great job comedically.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi and overall I liked it. Leia started to feel a little annoying, but just think it's something about precocious kids that brings that out.....lol The actress playing Reva seemed kinda flat and wooden, maybe she's paying homage to Hayden Christensen?

If Reva is the female Inquisitor, I completely agree. She can’t act. How did she get this role?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If Reva is the female Inquisitor, I completely agree. She can’t act. How did she get this role?

she used the dark side of the force to get the job. I am guessing it is like the way most actors and actresses in hollywood get their roles

I liked the inquisitors

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I thought Leia was good at first, but that chase scene was awful...not her fault, even though she runs funny...but as child actors go, she's not bad. Besides, Star Wars has never impressed me with acting or dialogue.
I think the actress did a good job especially for being such a young kid, it's just that I find precocious kids in general annoying......
Yeah, that chase scene was something...... :laugh:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Stranger Things 4 did a great job of answering a ton of questions, showing 11s memories, and tying things together.

I could have done without the side plot in Russia, it was a little cheesy but have a feeling it will tie back into the main story at some point.

I think it would be a bit better if there wasn't so much time between seasons. Some of these actors are over 25 and look silly with the hairstyles they gave them to try to make them look younger. That and the castings for the new season like the guy who plays Jason is 28 in real life and Eddie is 29 and neither one look like someone who would be in high school. It is kind of bizarre.

I thought it was pretty obvious Peter was 001 but had no clue he was Vecna, that was a surprising twist

Last edited by a moderator:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stranger Things 4 did a great job of answering a ton of questions, showing 11s memories, and tying things together.

I think it would be a bit better if there wasn't so much time between seasons. Some of these actors are over 25 and look silly with the hairstyles they gave them to try to make them look younger. That and the castings for the new season like the guy who plays Jason is 28 in real life and Eddie is 29 and neither one look like someone who would be in high school. It is kind of bizarre.

I thought it was pretty obvious Peter was 001 but had no clue he was Vecna, that was a surprising twist
That was very cool, how they pulled that together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leia Organa was 19 years old in Star Wars: A New Hope. Carrie Fisher portrayed the character on-screen as intelligent, stubborn and clever.

In Obi-Wan Kenobi, the young actress has played the exact same characteristics as a 10 year old. Personally, I think she has done a heck of a job of what should be expected of a less mature and more naive Leia at that age.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Leia Organa was 19 years old in Star Wars: A New Hope. Carrie Fisher portrayed the character on-screen as intelligent, stubborn and clever.

In Obi-Wan Kenobi, the young actress has played the exact same characteristics as a 10 year old. Personally, I think she has done a heck of a job of what should be expected of a less mature and more naive Leia at that age.
I think she's doing a good job, as long as she doesn't have to outrun anyone.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished Stranger Things season 4. Fantastic!! Loved it. :clap:

I only watched Episode 1, but I will get to the rest soon enough. Episode 1 reminded me of a Sugar Ray Leonard boxing match where Leonard would dance around for 2 and a half minutes then throw a flurry of punches in the last seconds to steal the round. I am not judging the entire series, just episode 1.

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished Bosch: Legacy last night. I think Bosch is a great series but I am not sure why it is called "Legacy". This series was so much like the original series, "Bosch" minus a few characters who only made cameo appearances.

I hated the commercial breaks. Amazon is going to lose me before long if they keep that up. The ending has to mean another season is coming in the future. But I knew just a couple of episodes in that at some point what happened at the end was going to happen. Pure Bosch stuff there.

I you haven't already watched the "Bosch" series, I highly recommend it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finished Bosch: Legacy last night. I think Bosch is a great series but I am not sure why it is called "Legacy". This series was so much like the original series, "Bosch" minus a few characters who only made cameo appearances.

I hated the commercial breaks. Amazon is going to lose me before long if they keep that up. The ending has to mean another season is coming in the future. But I knew just a couple of episodes in that at some point what happened at the end was going to happen. Pure Bosch stuff there.

I you haven't already watched the "Bosch" series, I highly recommend it.
*laughs*

I predicted a while back the streaming services would pull a bait-and-switch by promising if people paid they would not show commercials only to later start adding them in slowly.

When enough people complain, they will then likely offer a higher priced "commercial-free" version of their streaming services.