***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched episode 1 of this season's The Boys. This is the most disturbing one yet, IMO. Some completely unnecessary stuff going on, and man, it's just brutal. Wish I could stick around and watch episode 2, but I gotta go visit Ma.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just watched episode 1 of this season's The Boys. This is the most disturbing one yet, IMO. Some completely unnecessary stuff going on, and man, it's just brutal. Wish I could stick around and watch episode 2, but I gotta go visit Ma.
Yeah, over the top on the Honey I Shrunk the Superhero part. Wow

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HOMELANDER THE NAUGHTY Vs BILL Da BUTCHER BOYS. Might not be the best for everyone but damn I've been waiting for this. The first 3 episodes NUKE everything on TV. What a ride this will be...
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely..."

If one quote fits The Boys, it is that one. Bold. Unrepentant. Does not deviate from its core one iota. Love this show.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just finished watching the Lincoln Lawyer. I actually liked it. I has, at times, a little Perry Mason vibe to it although the ending was a little more Scooby Doo. It follows the usual template for this type of show - divorced couple with a teenage daughter. That part is going to get tired fast, but otherwise the show is entertaining. I give it a 6 out of 10.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Self-fulfilling gorefest for the fans and that episode 1 was for pure shock value and an "oh yes we did".

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have couple buddies that have been relentlessly trying to get me to watch this show. I'm not sure if it's up my alley, but I do know it would be one I would be on my own with. I can tell by the trailer that the wife isn't going to ride along passenger with me for that one. lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have couple buddies that have been relentlessly trying to get me to watch this show. I'm not sure if it's up my alley, but I do know it would be one I would be on my own with. I can tell by the trailer that the wife isn't going to ride along passenger with me for that one. lol
It's a great show, if you have a strong stomach and a twisted sense of humor... I'm watching season 3; episode 2 right now.
:grin:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Curious if anyone actually likes Disney's Obi-Wan Kenobi? I thought episode three was embarrassing.

Disney buying Star Wars has turned out to be the worse thing that could have happened to Star Wars as far as I am concerned.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Curious if anyone actually likes Disney's Obi-Wan Kenobi? I thought episode three was embarrassing.

Disney buying Star Wars has turned out to be the worse thing that could have happened to Star Wars as far as I am concerned.
It looks like they're setting the whole thing up for a sudden "redemption" episode, rather than keeping things balanced until the scales finally tip. That might be interesting, if we didn't already know how things turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Curious if anyone actually likes Disney's Obi-Wan Kenobi?
WsaMbXg.gif

That guy (he's the worst!)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I enjoyed the first season and I get the same kick watching season 2 of Netflix’s The Floor is Lava. Sort of like an adult version of those Nickelodeon Slimetime contests. I get the same cringing satisfaction when I watch people face plant as I do watching those America’s Funniest Home Videos.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
WsaMbXg.gif

That guy (he's the worst!)

I like it. It’s no Mandalorian but Ewan McGregor is still the man even if he is more of a PTSD Jedi in this. LOL It has all the handicaps I knew it would tied down to the prequels and not able to do to much or the original trilogy is no longer cannon. They’re definitely pushing the limit as much as possible. Showing us what we want to see but still making the story in Star Wars Episode IV plausible.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Curious if anyone actually likes Disney's Obi-Wan Kenobi?

I love it.
Love seeing HC in the suit with James Earl Jones' voice again. Love how Vader is brital--Desney has made some mistakes with Star Wars, but Vader's portrayal has not been one of them.

Stare Wars fans hate everything, so I don't really put a lot of stock in the mass opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Self-fulfilling gorefest for the fans and that episode 1 was for pure shock value and an "oh yes we did".

Yeah I agree. It’s getting to the point where they obviously feel a need to ‘outdo’ themselves in the sick and depraved department and it’s just gotten old with me. They don’t need it and quite frankly it’s played out. Just tell the story.

Oh and by the way, YES, we HAVE noticed the big cutbacks on the effects. Hopefully they’ve saved up a large part of the budget for a clash later in the season. A superhero-based show needs to show something ‘super’ at sone point too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like they're setting the whole thing up for a sudden "redemption" episode, rather than keeping things balanced until the scales finally tip. That might be interesting, if we didn't already know how things turned out.

That’s the tough part of telling stories ‘in-between’ the movies. Your hands are pretty well tied on any huge impact moves.