***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lincoln Lawyer, Netflix. Finished it last night and it wrapped up a little too tidy for me in too short of a time span. It had that feel that the writers got a call telling them it had to wrap in 8 episodes not 9. It's still pretty good.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ok, I am all in on Prey. Looks just fantastic. Will sign up to Hulu just for that.

Speaking of signing up to things, signed up to Peacock the other night to watch a mini-documentary that sucked me in (1st episode was free, the next couple were for 'Premium' members). Anyway, at initial glace it looked like it could be a good service. Meh. Went through the movie list last night and 98% of it is crap that doesn't interest me. A lot of B-rated movies on there. i.e. The Fast and the Fierce! lol There are more good shows than movies. I think I will rock it for 1-2 months and then it's getting the axe.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok, I am all in on Prey. Looks just fantastic. Will sign up to Hulu just for that.

Speaking of signing up to things, signed up to Peacock the other night to watch a mini-documentary that sucked me in (1st episode was free, the next couple were for 'Premium' members). Anyway, at initial glace it looked like it could be a good service. Meh. Went through the movie list last night and 98% of it is crap that doesn't interest me. A lot of B-rated movies on there. i.e. The Fast and the Fierce! lol There are more good shows than movies. I think I will rock it for 1-2 months and then it's getting the axe.
Even my 83 year old mother says Peacock sucks.

That reminds me of a time when I was about 17, playing Trivial Pursuit with her. She was asked, "What is a female peacock called?"...She answered "peac**t".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I tried Hulu, Peacock and Paramount and couldn't find enough to watch.
Paramount is worth it, just for 1883...Okay, almost. Hulu has some good reruns, like The Rookie, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Archer, and a few others I don't remember offhand.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Even my 83 year old mother says Peacock sucks.

That reminds me of a time when I was about 17, playing Trivial Pursuit with her. She was asked, "What is a female peacock called?"...She answered "peac**t".
I tried Hulu, Peacock and Paramount and couldn't find enough to watch.

Right now you can watch The Northman on Peacock. All the Battlestar Galactica seasons and the movie are on there. Yellowstone, The Office and Parks and Rec.

But, overall there isn't a whole lot.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right now you can watch The Northman on Peacock. All the Battlestar Galactica seasons and the movie are on there. Yellowstone, The Office and Parks and Rec.

But, overall there isn't a whole lot.
Already seen Yellowstone, not interested in the rest... maybe The Northman, eventually.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Saw the new Marvel series release, Captain Marvel.

Definitely made more for the kids. And A LOT of camera action going on.

But I give Marvel credit, their creative talent and vision is so much more than those boring DC shows.

They let their filmmakers come up with a style for the series and they let her rip.

Creeper

Reaction score
Interceptor, Netflix. 2/10. This was a waste of time with really poor acting and writing.

I am not sure if this movie was supposed to be serious or not. But the whole concept was dumb.

Why would you put an interceptor base in the middle of the ocean and have no defensive capability or backup within 50 minute by helicopter? That's only part of the problem. Stealing 16 ICBMs, even in Russia, would be an even bigger problem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw the new Marvel series release, Captain Marvel.

Definitely made more for the kids. And A LOT of camera action going on.

But I give Marvel credit, their creative talent and vision is so much more than those boring DC shows.

They let their filmmakers come up with a style for the series and they let her rip.
Ms. Marvel. Brie Larson plays Captain Marvel. ;)

At worst, I would say teenagers are the series' primary target audience. I am waiting to see how the upcoming episodes will unfold but the first episode's high school and home elements are not unlike similar scenes seen in Marvel's other teenaged movie superhero's film, Spider-Man: Homecoming. It is tracking pretty well with its source material so far.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Burr's latest on Netflix. He's the host and his bit is pretty good but half of it isn't even smile funny and there's this female comic that is about as unattractive as I've seen and not borderline funny. If you watch it, imagine her in a gorilla suit doing all of that action and it does bring a smile.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bill Burr's latest on Netflix. He's the host and his bit is pretty good but half of it isn't even smile funny and there's this female comic that is about as unattractive as I've seen and not borderline funny. If you watch it, imagine her in a gorilla suit doing all of that action and it does bring a smile.
That's a shame. Bill Burr is usually hilarious...and to compound that with an ugly, unfunny woman?? This may be the beginning of the end...of everything!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a shame. Bill Burr is usually hilarious...and to compound that with an ugly, unfunny woman?? This may be the beginning of the end...of everything!
He did it for the money, they paid Chappelle 19 and 24M for his last two and they were duds.

Burr is funny, as he always is to me, and Jimmy Carr is as well but the others fall flat to me but they used Burr's popularity to help these other comics.

The funniest thing I have seen in years is Norm Macdonald's last stand up which is him sitting down alone without an audience and it is masterful. I saw it for the first time last week and have watched it twice since and I usually don't go back that quickly. He is the absolute best at making it look so loose but everything is planned and executed to perfection. Even his sentence breaks and drop offs are all part of it.

If you watch it, make sure to stay for the Letterman hosted roundtable with Chappelle, O'Brien, Sandler, Spade and Molly Shannon discussing how only he could have brought that off. It is one of the comedy masterpieces and I will cherish this and re-visit it again and again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He did it for the money, they paid Chappelle 19 and 24M for his last two and they were duds.

Burr is funny, as he always is to me, and Jimmy Carr is as well but the others fall flat to me but they used Burr's popularity to help these other comics.

The funniest thing I have seen in years is Norm Macdonald's last stand up which is him sitting down alone without an audience and it is masterful. I saw it for the first time last week and have watched it twice since and I usually don't go back that quickly. He is the absolute best at making it look so loose but everything is planned and executed to perfection. Even his sentence breaks and drop offs are all part of it.

If you watch it, make sure to stay for the Letterman hosted roundtable with Chappelle, O'Brien, Sandler, Spade and Molly Shannon discussing how only he could have brought that off. It is one of the comedy masterpieces and I will cherish this and re-visit it again and again.
Netflix?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Latest episode of Obi Wan is a little better. The girl playing Leia is actually doing a pretty good job. I can picture her growing up to be the same woman portrayed by Carrie Fisher.

There are still problems (IMO) with some of the scenes, regarding seemingly unexplainable events.
Such as whatever the double agent's name is, taking out an officer right behind the wall of servers, or whatever they're supposed to be, and leaving him there to not be found or even asked about.

Or the way the Obi Wan held back all that water, after barely being able to move a wrench earlier. Then getting through the door without even getting splashed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Latest episode of Obi Wan is a little better. The girl playing Leia is actually doing a pretty good job. I can picture her growing up to be the same woman portrayed by Carrie Fisher.

There are still problems (IMO) with some of the scenes, regarding seemingly unexplainable events.
Such as whatever the double agent's name is, taking out an officer right behind the wall of servers, or whatever they're supposed to be, and leaving him there to not be found or even asked about.

Or the way the Obi Wan held back all that water, after barely being able to move a wrench earlier. Then getting through the door without even getting splashed.
Every officer were minding their own business within that 'computer room'. The only time anyone paid attention to her was the guy sitting nearby trying to figure out what she was saying into that mic. And even he went back to doing whatever he was working on his station soon afterwards.

The only officer who confronted her entered from outside the room. They exited. It took some time to subdue or kill him based on Kenobi's several frantic calls for her to respond. People not paying attention earlier inside the room would not have paid attention to her returning.

I do question how well she hid his body though. It was a darken hallway. If his body laid down in shadow, no one would have paid attention to him unless he moaned IF he was still alive. The officer left his duty station before confronting her, so another question arises why no one from his duty station would have tried contacting him at some point. The same goes for Stormtroopers Kenobi sabered after entering the base.

I think Kenobi's training is slowly returning as a norm but I also believe adrenalin to save Leia gave him more 'intense' focus holding the water at bay. Contrastly, Obi-Wan was flat out scared during his faceoff with Vader in the previous episode. Fear destroys focus. And a Jedi must maintain focus wielding The Force. At least that was what Yoda tried beating into Luke's head while training on Dagobah, lol.