***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is Star Wars, though. Why does everyone act like the OG trilly didn't have these issues?
I think most movies from the era of the original Star Wars movies had their own issues likely due to technology limits, but comparing them now is really an apples-to-oranges thing.

Modern TV shows and movies are better compared against other modern TV shows and movies which provide a more accurate comparison in quality, story lines and acting.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think most movies from the era of the original Star Wars movies had their own issues likely due to technology limits, but comparing them now is really an apples-to-oranges thing.

Modern TV shows and movies are better compared against other modern TV shows and movies which provides a more accurate comparison in quality, story lines and acting.

Star Wars is a genre to itself imo. Everyone compares the new stuff to the originals.

There were plot holes & silly things in the OGs as well.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Wars is a genre to itself imo. Everyone compares the new stuff to the originals.

There were plot holes & silly things in the OGs as well.
The difference is that back then, movies were lower quality so it was expected to some degree, especially with sci-fi movies.

That is why I said it is apples-to-oranges. Today's movies should be much better than older movies, even as sequels or remake movies.

Today's Batman movies for example, even the worst ones, are WAY better than any of the 90s Batman movies (to me at least) because movie production quality is much better.

There should be higher expectations for modern movie sequels and remakes because the acting, storyline and, for sci-fi especially, production quality should be much better than anything produced 15+ years ago.

While I like the Star Wars movies, I am not a huge Star Wars fan by any means but I do like the Mandalorian series, so I am not pushing any agenda.

Some 80s and 90s movies are still great to me despite the production, acting and sometimes writing quality being much better in newer similar, remake and/or sequel movies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The difference is that back then, movies were lower quality so it was expected to some degree, especially with sci-fi movies.

That is why I said it is apples-to-oranges. Today's movies should be much better than older movies, even as sequels or remake movies.

Today's Batman movies for example, even the worst ones, are WAY better than any of the 90s Batman movies (to me at least) because movie production quality is much better.

There should be higher expectations for modern movie sequels and remakes because the acting, storyline and, for sci-fi especially, production quality should be much better than anything produced 15+ years ago.

While I like the Star Wars movies, I am not a huge Star Wars fan by any means but I do like the Mandolin series, so I am not pushing any agenda.

Some 80s and 90s movies are still great to me despite the production, acting and sometimes writing quality being much better in newer similar, remake and/or sequel movies.
Also, consider the increased amount of criticism, thanks to everyone and his brother being an online critic. That alone should make the movie makers want to get everything just right.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

While I like the Star Wars movies, I am not a huge Star Wars fan by any means but I do like the Mandolin series, so I am not pushing any agenda.

I agree in terms of the technology. It should look better and be visually updated.

However, my point is that the writing / plot / and the general tone of the series can stay the same. I think that is what we're seeing & perhaps wrongly comparing to some more serious pieces of media.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree in terms of the technology. It should look better and be visually updated.

However, my point is that the writing / plot / and the general tone of the series can stay the same. I think that is what we're seeing & perhaps wrongly comparing to some more serious pieces of media.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I don't expect much from Star Wars. That said, anything that would make a 10 year old scratch his (or her) head in disbelief needs to be remedied.

Creeper

Reaction score
What an unexpected turnaround from the usual sci-fi formula. I hope it's well done, and not one of those movies in which I spend the whole time saying, "Oh come on, seriously?...All that high tech weaponry, and this little 5 foot 2 inch girl holds her own against it with a hatchet??"

That would be disappointing.

I did not realize this was another Predator movie. The last one was pretty stupid so I assume all those that follow will be more stupid than that one. But I am with you. My first question is, why would the Predator bother chasing a little girl? Seems to me, considering they are a warrior race, that hunting a little girl would be beneath them, even embarrassing. Imagine if the predator did kill the little girl. Would he really want to mount her tiny skull as a trophy while all the other predators were displaying their kills of vicious predators? All his predator friends would laugh him out of the predator clan!

Seriously, though, this movie was done already. Cowboys and Aliens, one of my favorites!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did not realize this was another Predator movie. The last one was pretty stupid so I assume all those that follow will be more stupid than that one. But I am with you. My first question is, why would the Predator bother chasing a little girl? Seems to me, considering they are a warrior race, that hunting a little girl would be beneath them, even embarrassing. Imagine if the predator did kill the little girl. Would he really want to mount her tiny skull as a trophy while all the other predators were displaying their kills of vicious predators? All his predator friends would laugh him out of the predator clan!

Seriously, though, this movie was done already. Cowboys and Aliens, one of my favorites!
I'm guessing he watches her kill something, and considers her a warrior.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched ep 4 of The Boys and this really seems like a stretch out and a way to showcase Anthony Starr's phony smile. I really liked the first three seasons of this but this season seems stuck to me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't get why they can't go a new route and create a new monster. They keep rehashing Predator and going nowhere. The last one was really stupid "let's make him bigger and able to communicate".

The second one pushed the boundaries of suspended reason but I felt they bounced back a little with Predators by taking it to a new location and that assortment of nasties was a lot of fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched ep 4 of The Boys and this really seems like a stretch out and a way to showcase Anthony Starr's phony smile. I really liked the first three seasons of this but this season seems stuck to me.
It's focused a little too hard on Homelander this season. Even the little side stories are about finding a vulnerability.

Also, is it my imagination, or does Starlight look odd, like she had bad plastic surgery?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's focused a little too hard on Homelander this season. Even the little side stories are about finding a vulnerability.

Also, is it my imagination, or does Starlight look odd, like she had bad plastic surgery?
I think they're using makeup to give her a "shine".

I think more with Frenchie and Kimiko would be good as they're the most interesting and complex characters to me. They have the best on screen chemistry in the show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Latest episode of Obi Wan is a little better. The girl playing Leia is actually doing a pretty good job. I can picture her growing up to be the same woman portrayed by Carrie Fisher.

There are still problems (IMO) with some of the scenes, regarding seemingly unexplainable events.
Such as whatever the double agent's name is, taking out an officer right behind the wall of servers, or whatever they're supposed to be, and leaving him there to not be found or even asked about.

Or the way the Obi Wan held back all that water, after barely being able to move a wrench earlier. Then getting through the door without even getting splashed.

I had a LOT of issues with this past episode of Obi-Wan.

I thought that entire hangar sequence was one embarrassment after another. It felt like it was put together by people who have never filmed an action sequence before. Nothing made any sense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think they're using makeup to give her a "shine".

I think more with Frenchie and Kimiko would be good as they're the most interesting and complex characters to me. They have the best on screen chemistry in the show.
I agree. Kimiko and Frenchie both have a lot of depth, and their relationship is almost like a father/daughter/best friends thing.

I see what you're saying about Starlight's makeup, but even her facial structure looks odd to me, especially around the eyes. Maybe I just hadn't noticed until now, but it's a little strange looking.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Homelander, and Antony Starr’s performances are WHY I watch the show. It’s him and Urban and most everything else is window dressing.