***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. It’s getting to the point where they obviously feel a need to ‘outdo’ themselves in the sick and depraved department and it’s just gotten old with me. They don’t need it and quite frankly it’s played out. Just tell the story.

It's not far from the source material, so it's not like they're going out of the way for the TV show. That is the story. In fact, I've read they have actually had to hold some stuff back that was in the comics.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched the new season of Stranger Things over the weekend. Some of the actors looked a little old for their roles, but easily overlooked for as well as the season has gone so far........ :clap:

I am through episode 5 and still waiting for it to get better. Maybe this style of horror is not for me. I will finish it though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This looks like it might be pretty good.

What an unexpected turnaround from the usual sci-fi formula. I hope it's well done, and not one of those movies in which I spend the whole time saying, "Oh come on, seriously?...All that high tech weaponry, and this little 5 foot 2 inch girl holds her own against it with a hatchet??"

That would be disappointing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What an unexpected turnaround from the usual sci-fi formula. I hope it's well done, and not one of those movies in which I spend the whole time saying, "Oh come on, seriously?...All that high tech weaponry, and this little 5 foot 2 inch girl holds her own against it with a hatchet??"

That would be disappointing.
How tall was Dutch? He was down to a machete and makeshift bow-and-arrows after his Predator wiped out his black ops crew and military grade weaponry.

Sometimes trailers show enough to know what to expect. To me, it looks like mud and wits will be this Predator's ultimate undoing--just like the original Predator's fate when Dutch used the exact same two things.

Of course, I do not expect a girl to drop tree logs on its head this time. I'll just wait-and-see what 5 foot 2 can think up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How tall was Dutch? He was down to a machete and makeshift bow-and-arrows after his Predator wiped out his black ops crew and military grade weaponry.

Sometimes trailers show enough to know what to expect. To me, it looks like mud and wits will be this Predator's ultimate undoing--just like the original Predator's fate when Dutch used the exact same two things.

Of course, I do not expect a girl to drop tree logs on its head this time. I'll just wait-and-see what 5 foot 2 can think up.
Dutch also had enough knowledge about high tech weaponry to know it wasn't magic, and enough strength to at least affect the alien. The one thing the little girl does have in her favor is the fact that she wouldn't be much of a trophy. That'll probably keep her alive through at least half the movie.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dutch also had enough knowledge about high tech weaponry to know it wasn't magic, and enough strength to at least affect the alien. The one thing the little girl does have in her favor is the fact that she wouldn't be much of a trophy. That'll probably keep her alive through at least half the movie.
It feels like you have already written it off already. I like underdog stories so I'll give the tiny person a shot first.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

That looks great. I rarely like movies, but I think I will like this one.

If you replace the predator with a 8,9,10 ft giants, this movie might not be too far off from some actual native american historical accounts and oral histories.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This looks like it might be pretty good.

Reminds of the fan made film called "Predator Dark Ages". It was about a Predator hunting a group of Templar Knights. I found it on YouTube a few years back, it's pretty well done for fan film. I always thought it deserved to be made into a full length movie. It would make a great series for one of the streaming services, stories of Predators hunting through the ages, knights, vikings, feudal Japan against samurai and ninjas, Maori warriors, during WWI or WWII, no limit of material there.