***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is anyone watching Westworld on HBO? I said I wouldn't watch if after season 3 because it was such a mess but I caught the first two episodes of season 4 tonight. The writers of this show have to be high on something and it is not life. I am already feeling like I don't want to watch the rest of it. I love Thandie Newton and her character but the rest of the story is total crap.
I loved season 1
2 and 3 were a mess
4 gets ALOT better after the first couple episodes...atleast IMO. Keep watching

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still not completely sure how I feel about The Sandman. I'm enjoying it more as it goes along, but I can see where it could end up disappointing. Right now, it reminds me of a combination of American Gods and The Magicians.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this one is different - but I haven't seen the HBO, so not sure 100%. This one is Trainwreck: Woodstock 99
It is the same one. I watched it on HBO as part of their Music Box series. Woodstock 99: Peace, Love and Rage.

In my job in radio and promoting concerts I got to know several of the Live Nation guys and had an acquaintance going all the way back to Beaver Productions, the first super promoter group. This specific event became the textbook for municipalities, venues and promoters on what not to do, specific to security and support services.

In order to get a permit for the local venue, I had to not only show the extent of security but the company handling it.

One thing that they came up short in that doc was what happened in the aftermath with lawsuits and that idiot "wannabe a rocker" mayor.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished The Sandman. I'll give it a 7.2315/10. With all the money spent on CGI, they could have done a few things better, but that's not really a big issue. Overall, the story was pretty good, but it gets a little convoluted at times, with some stories that seem a bit superfluous, though it's possible those things may come into play in the next season, assuming there is one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished The Sandman. I'll give it a 7.2315/10. With all the money spent on CGI, they could have done a few things better, but that's not really a big issue. Overall, the story was pretty good, but it gets a little convoluted at times, with some stories that seem a bit superfluous, though it's possible those things may come into play in the next season, assuming there is one.
With Netflix, you don't know unless they announce when the present season is underway.

I don't like to get vested in anything new unless I get a feel for if it will be concluded.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think it follows the comics in that way, there are little detours along the way. I think they were laying the groundwork for future season(s), there were a lot of bits and pieces but they lead to other stories. A little Sandman sampler to get to learn the character a bit and still leave a bunch of paths open to which story or stories they want to pursue next.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it follows the comics in that way, there are little detours along the way. I think they were laying the groundwork for future season(s), there were a lot of bits and pieces but they lead to other stories. A little Sandman sampler to get to learn the character a bit and still leave a bunch of paths open to which story or stories they want to pursue next.
That's what it seemed like, especially the storyline with the "friend".

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is the same one. I watched it on HBO as part of their Music Box series. Woodstock 99: Peace, Love and Rage.

In my job in radio and promoting concerts I got to know several of the Live Nation buys and had an acquaintance going all the way back to Beaver Productions, the first super promoter group. This specific event became the textbook for municipalities, venues and promoters on whatnot to do, specific to security and support services.

In order to get a permit for the local venue, I had to not only show the extent of security but the company handling it.

One thing that they came up short in that doc was what happened in the aftermath with lawsuits and that idiot "wannabe a rocker" mayor.

Have you had the chance to watch it yet?
Interested to see if they are different as some are saying they are.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog...ainwreck-and-its-even-better-than-the-hbo-one

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched Day Shift on Netflix. I absolutely loved it. As to be expected from Hollywood, there was definitely some cheese to it, but I thought it was a really fun movie.

:thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched Day Shift on Netflix. I absolutely loved it. As to be expected from Hollywood, there was definitely some cheese to it, but I thought it was a really fun movie.

:thumbup:
Just finished it. We don't see eye to eye on this one. To me, this is what you'd get if you give a big movie budget to a group of high school kids... and told them, "No nudity".

5.5/10

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Is anyone watching Westworld on HBO? I said I wouldn't watch if after season 3 because it was such a mess but I caught the first two episodes of season 4 tonight. The writers of this show have to be high on something and it is not life. I am already feeling like I don't want to watch the rest of it. I love Thandie Newton and her character but the rest of the story is total crap.

Yeah, I haven’t picked it up since S3.

I’ve already forgotten half the plot. Way too esoteric and hard to follow.

Big_D

Reaction score
Started watching A League of Their Own… 5/10

it could’ve of been pretty good except for the heavy LGBTQ story line. The actual baseball team has taken a backseat to the countless love stories. lol Everyone’s living a secret gay life apparently. Except for like 2 girls on the team and 1 of them thinks it’s contagious! If that’s not enough there’s a whole other gay side story and a cameo from Rosie O to knock the message out of the park.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Started watching A League of Their Own… 5/10

it could’ve of been pretty good except for the heavy LGBTQ story line. The actual baseball team has taken a backseat to the countless love stories. lol Everyone’s living a secret gay life apparently. Except for like 2 girls on the team and 1 of them thinks it’s contagious! If that’s not enough there’s a whole other gay side story and a cameo from Rosie O to knock the message out of the park.
The movie was fantastic. The trailer for the show didn't impress me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished last season of Locke and Key.

Did not realize that Joe Hill was the creator of the comic and writer for the show.
Have enjoyed his regular books.

For those that don't know. Joe Hill is actually Joe Hillstrom King, the son of Stephen King.