***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

dsturgeon

Reaction score
th

I didn't realize how good the star wars animation was.

Has anyone watched the animated clone wars series, and is it good?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I can't decide if I like the animation better in "Tales of the Jedi" or the recent star wars series human actors + cgi

Whoever is in control of the recent star wars productions with the Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Obi Wan, Andor, and Tales of the Jedi is doing an amazing job. I like the small story lines, filling in gaps, using animation, and the pace of it all.

MCU and DC need to fire everyone they have, stop production of bad movies, and copy what star wars is doing. It does not compare.

Hopefully Star Wars continues on with the animation side and does more story lines.

I am no expert on movies or who does them, but if it is Jon Favreau on both sides, I wonder how he screwed up one universe so badly, and did so well on the other.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't decide if I like the animation better in "Tales of the Jedi" or the recent star wars series human actors + cgi
I am a huge Star Wars fan but there is a notable distinction in entertainment quality between both of those examples.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I am a huge Star Wars fan but there is a notable distinction in entertainment quality between both of those examples.

The Tales of the Jedi one was short stories that fill in gaps, and you are right that it does not compare to the human/cgi tv series.

I like animated shows and movies. With the way the animation looks, I would not have a problem with hour long animated shows in a 1 a week format for a season. There are lots of places to go with star wars.

How do you think they compare?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Tales of the Jedi one was short stories that fill in gaps, and you are right that it does not compare to the human/cgi tv series.

I like animated shows and movies. With the way the animation looks, I would not have a problem with hour long animated shows in a 1 a week format for a season. There are lots of places to go with star wars.

How do you think they compare?
Overall, all live action Star Wars series are superior to their animation peers in terms of presentation, dialogue and plot within dramatic settings. Andor has been a joy to watch, even finally knocking down my opinion of The Mandalorian down a notch below it.

Admittedly, I have only seen Star Wars: The Clone Wars and The Bad Batch in their entirety. I have spot-watched all other animation series to date, only catching specific episodes dedicated to certain characters like Ahsoka and Bo-Katan. I have only seen the first episode of Tales of the Jedi so far simply because it was about Anakin's padawan.

TBB is a good watch, with one full season under its belt. Like the other animation series, it does get a little to kiddish at times but it does serve as one of those fill-in-the-gaps sources you mentioned. There is much not known (to me at least) about the Empire's transition from all clones to all human stormtroopers between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope. It has done a good job thus far in that regard.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Overall, all live action Star Wars series are superior to their animation peers in terms of presentation, dialogue and plot within dramatic settings. Andor has been a joy to watch, even finally knocking down my opinion of The Mandalorian down a notch below it.

Admittedly, I have only seen Star Wars: The Clone Wars and The Bad Batch in their entirety. I have spot-watched all other animation series to date, only catching specific episodes dedicated to certain characters like Ahsoka and Bo-Katan. I have only seen the first episode of Tales of the Jedi so far simply because it was about Anakin's padawan.

TBB is a good watch, with one full season under its belt. Like the other animation series, it does get a little to kiddish at times but it does serve as one of those fill-in-the-gaps sources you mentioned. There is much not known (to me at least) about the Empire's transition from all clones to all human stormtroopers between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope. It has done a good job thus far in that regard.

I have not watched TBB

Andor has been great. I wonder if after Andor is done, season 3 of mandalorian will tip the scales again

rags747

Reaction score
All Quiet on the Western Front. Watched 1/2 last night, will finish it off tonight. Anyone else catch this on Netflix?

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished Barbarians II or the second season of Barbarians. It's okay. It ends with a set up for season 3 but I don't know if this series is good enough for another season. If the usual Romans against barbarians thing.

It is only 6 episodes. But I really like how they have the Romans speaking Latin. The actors all do a good job of pulling it off too. They must have found a bunch of old alter boys. LOL.

I'd give it a 5 out of 10. I would have given it a better score but I was not crazy about how it ended.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched episode 1 of Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities. It is not a series but a collection of stories from the mind of del Toro himself. It's okay. The first story was pretty ordinary, and predictable, but I watched the whole thing. I don't ordinarily go for shows like this. I prefer series that are one plot that plays out over a series of episodes. I will watch episode 2. I'll see after that if I want to keep going.