***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Tried the first episode of the new Night Court on Peacock. Meh, I don't know. While I appreciate the return of John Larroquette, the show just overall felt........super cheesy. I feel like Hollywood is trying way too hard to recapture the magic of the 80/90s with all these reboots. I might give it a chance, try to view it through an open-minded lens and see if it takes a few episodes to hit it's stride, but I much prefer the original. I guess I'm just old school.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tried the first episode of the new Night Court on Peacock. Meh, I don't know. While I appreciate the return of John Larroquette, the show just overall felt........super cheesy. I feel like Hollywood is trying way too hard to recapture the magic of the 80/90s with all these reboots. I might give it a chance, try to view it through an open-minded lens and see if it takes a few episodes to hit it's stride, but I much prefer the original. I guess I'm just old school.
I watched the first five episodes but had to soldier on past the pilot. It doesn’t get any better, don’t think it makes season 2. I might try a couple more episodes but it doesn’t look promising.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the first five episodes but had to soldier on past the pilot. It doesn’t get any better, don’t think it makes season 2. I might try a couple more episodes but it doesn’t look promising.
Just the preview for the show looked terrible.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I thought it got better after the first episode. It's not the Night Court I watched years ago. But I do not think it is bad. Believe NBC has already renewed it for a second season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought it got better after the first episode. It's not the Night Court I watched years ago. But I do not think it is bad. Believe NBC has already renewed it for a second season.
I imagine the original seemed better than it actually was. I loved the show, but thinking back, I'm sure it was very corny. It's like watching Welcome Back Kotter now. I can't believe we ever thought that was funny!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I imagine the original seemed better than it actually was. I loved the show, but thinking back, I'm sure it was very corny. It's like watching Welcome Back Kotter now. I can't believe we ever thought that was funny!
ORf3rfo.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a bad feeling when I saw the first commercial for it. When you can’t even pick out funny stuff for a ‘highlight reel’ you have problems.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This exact thing actually crossed my mind last night. To the point I started looking up original Night Court clips on YouTube. Was it just my nostalgia driving my basis? Probably a bit, yes. There definitely was some cheese in the old show, but for some reason it just felt presented better. Felt more natural. The new reboot feels like they're just trying to force the comedy on you.

Creeper

Reaction score
No one is watching The Last of Us?
I am watching it. My initial reaction is it is moving too slow for what I think it is supposed to be. When turning a video game into a series you have to remember that the game player controls the speed and because it is interactive it may move slowly but it is still interesting. (I never played the game so I have no familiarity with the storyline.) In a series, the script has to be keep the story moving, add the suspense, and keep the viewers interested. So far Last of US gets a C- in this category.

I like Pedro Pascal as an actor. He usually makes whatever he is in more compelling to the viewer. I think that is true in Last of Us too. Bella Ramsey I can take or leave. Her character in GoT was great but in this character, she lacks the range and acting ability of Pascal. I would have cast someone else in the role. I don't want to say she is not a good actor, but I have to. She is not a good actor. Her GoT fame got her this part I assume, but Jenna Ortega's acting in her role as Wednesday shames Ramsey as and actor. Ramsey's part I assume is that of an annoying smart mouth teenager. In a video game that probably is not as annoying to the player as it is to the viewers of Last of Us. They should have toned it down.

As most people know there was a lot of controversy over the 3rd episode. I understand the tangential story was in the game, but I thought the episode was totally unnecessary regardless of the sexuality of the characters, and was a divergence from the main storyline. They could have dealt with the episode in a 5 minute flashback of some sort and then moved back to the main characters to make the show move faster. Imagine being in a world where almost everyone is dead and there is the constant threat of danger every moment. It should not be hard to keep the suspense at peak levels for 45 minutes each week. Consider what would be most important every minute of every day in a world like that. Last of Us seems to miss the target on that point most of the time.

The 4th episode almost repeats the same mistake. In a video game these types of sub-stories act as levels of play, but in a series, if not done right, they just seem to be padding to fill 8 45 minute episodes. In episode 4 we get another new character played by Melanie Lynskey (2 1/2 Men and Yellowjackets), another actress who I think has sub-par acting skills. (I know, I am harsh). She just does not come off as natural to me. All I can say is, if the world ever goes to Hades in a hand basket, I sure hope the last surviving humans don't waste all their precious bullets on each other. I imagine 20 years after the fall of civilization bullets would be hard to come by. Surely we would resort to killing each other with spears and arrows. Even Road Warrior got that mostly right. In any case, I hope this show is not using "guest stars" to attract viewers instead of suspenseful scenes and episodes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This exact thing actually crossed my mind last night. To the point I started looking up original Night Court clips on YouTube. Was it just my nostalgia driving my basis? Probably a bit, yes. There definitely was some cheese in the old show, but for some reason it just felt presented better. Felt more natural. The new reboot feels like they're just trying to force the comedy on you.
Also...Markie Post.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes, you just can't go back for TV shows. I tried watching "Hill Street Blues" last night and asked myself 'this, used to be my favorite TV show'? Hell, I even wrote to NBC when they announced they were cancelling it after one season. It was ground breaking with an ensemble cast and no stars, same as "St. Elsewhere".

Now, they might be able to do a new one based on the old premise but that was painful watching the old one.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That's a good description, the old show had a cheesy factor, but still felt more natural and the new series feels kinda forced. Most of the cast seem to lack any comedic timing or something, yeah the jokes aren't great but their deliveries feel very wooden.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's a good description, the old show had a cheesy factor, but still felt more natural and the new series feels kinda forced. Most of the cast seem to lack any comedic timing or something, yeah the jokes aren't great but their deliveries feel very wooden.
A lot of times they just need time for the chemistry to come together. I wasn't crazy about Friends at first, but eventually it got really good.