***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It got a little tiny bit better, but it's easily my least favorite Marvel product. I have low expectations for the upcoming movie.

Speaking of which, I rewatched Avengers: Endgame yesterday, and the female empowerment moment still makes me cringe. It damn near ruined the movie. Okay, slight exaggeration...but it dropped my overall rating at least 0.3 points out of 10.
It was terribly forced which garnered resentment rather than buy-in. That’s been a problem for Disney. They’ve been so ham-fisted in their approach to equality and diversity that it’s blown up in their faces. It needs to happen more gradually and more organically. The right idea but poor execution.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CC's talking about The Marvelous Mrs, Maisel, I think. I agree with his assessment on that.
Yes. After the first 2-3 seasons, Mrs. Maisel quickly ran out of ideas. A shame because those early episodes and performances were great. Now, you can see that they’re all running on fumes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had been holding off on watching season 3 of Picard, until I could binge all of them. I'm glad I did, it would have been torture watching each then having to wait a week..... :mad:
lol. I am the exact opposite. It ticks me off if I like a series but somehow forget about an episode airing and then must scramble in order to see it before the next episode comes out.

New episodes of Prime Video's new series, The Power, starring John Leguizamo and Toni Collette, comes out each Friday. I can remember thinking late Sunday night, "I feel like I haven't seen something lately." Then I had my Homer Simpson 'D'oh!' moment and remembered I did not see the latest episode. It was 12:05 am. I was already in bed.

I got out of bed and watched it. :laugh:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
lol. I am the exact opposite. It ticks me off if I like a series but somehow forget about an episode airing and then must scramble in order to see it before the next episode comes out.

New episodes of Prime Video's new series, The Power, starring John Leguizamo and Toni Collette, comes out each Friday. I can remember thinking late Sunday night, "I feel like I haven't seen something lately." Then I had my Homer Simpson 'D'oh!' moment and remembered I did not see the latest episode. It was 12:05 am. I was already in bed.

I got out of bed and watched it. :laugh:
For me, it depends on the series, some I would rather binge all at once, but others I'm glad about the week to week format, gives me time to unpack and discuss everything that happened.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. After the first 2-3 seasons, Mrs. Maisel quickly ran out of ideas. A shame because those early episodes and performances were great. Now, you can see that they’re all running on fumes.
The writing and acting in that first season was exceptional but they began to fade in each season following for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, it depends on the series, some I would rather binge all at once, but others I'm glad about the week to week format, gives me time to unpack and discuss everything that happened.
I live alone so the only place I have to discuss it is here and then Reality will slap a Spoiler tape across my mouth. Becaaaaaaauuuuuussssseeeeeee I CAN'T DISCUSS IT WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT!!!!!!!!!!

It's better that I get it all at once. I spread The Mandalorian out over two nights and at the beginning of the second night a telemarketer made the mistake of calling and I couldn't resist, told him everything that had happened so far and ruined it for him. I don't even know what he was selling, I might have bought for just listening to me.

Creeper

Reaction score
I've been watching Vikings on Amazon Prime. Has anyone else noticed they have the shows out of sequence? They have two season 5's and the 2nd season 5 listed is actually chronologically before the 1st season 5. If you watch it in Amazon's order the beginning of season 5 seems like a big jump from the end of season 4 but that's because the order is wrong. Amazon has the worst user interface for their series offerings.

Anyway, I am enjoying the series, for the most part. Interesting how they used real historical characters taking a lot of liberties with the relationships and time lines.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched a great documentary series on Paramount called Apollo's Moonshot (about the Apollo program at NASA). Fantastic watch. There are 6 episodes. While most of the story was nothing new to me, it's fun to refresh/see it up close again. Just absolutely fascinating stuff and impressive feats of engineering, especially for being in the 60s/70s. If you enjoy that kind of thing, I do recommend it.

After I finished the documentary series, I naturally had to revisit the 1995 movie Apollo 13. Excellent movie.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m a sucker for decent reality TV like Survivor, Big Brother, Deadliest Catch, etc. I ran across this series on Bravo called The Traitors, kind of a whodunnit trying to find out the enemy/enemies. I watched two episodes and got hooked….so binged the rest. If you like some drama, it is a fun ride.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I’m a sucker for decent reality TV like Survivor, Big Brother, Deadliest Catch, etc. I ran across this series on Bravo called The Traitors, kind of a whodunnit trying to find out the enemy/enemies. I watched two episodes and got hooked….so binged the rest. If you like some drama, it is a fun ride.
I've always liked Forged In Fire, the bladesmith competition show. I love the testing part.....

543FE0D913D4CA6E2C95E2BAAFD5D88E1298E1A1

Big_D

Reaction score
For anyone who watched 'Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story'... the next installment will be about the Menendez brothers.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Also, any Black Mirror fans here? A new season in June!

Seen most of the first three seasons but haven’t had time for the rest. Good stuff, reminds me of an updated Twilight Zone.

Fan of that old series and tried to watch through all the reboots but I think Black Mirror captures it better.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have to give my weekly commentary of the show "From" on MGM+ because it is both intriguing and maddening at the same time. I am invested so I won't stop watching, however, this show is meandering all over the horror genre and feels like the writers are making it up as they go along with no real ending in mind. As I said, the intrigue is there, but is it what will happen next? or what will these clown writers think up next? I have this terrible feeling this story will never end. It will be canceled before we the viewers learn the answers to any of the mysteries, just like the show "Outcast". Or, lacking any kind of coherent explanation for the previous episodes they will contrive something ridiculous without an real explanation. It will be the equivalent of the Sopranos black screen ending.

Last week the show ended when a bus full of new characters pulled into town. This week it was up to the current residents of spooky-town to explain what is happening there. This is where I literally screamed at the TV. "Get it out, man!" I know it would be nearly impossible to explain what was happening in the town but at least try. It seemed like the townspeople fell silent when it was time to say "Shut up and listen to me!".

Then, we are introduced to a new character who for some reason is chained to a wall. The town "sheriff finds him and want to free him from the wall but for some reason has no interest in how the guy got there. When the chained guy tells him it wasn't the usual scary creatures who chained him up but something much worse the sheriff is uncurious about what it was that did chain the guy up. It is almost bizarre. Wouldn't the obvious question be, "like what?"

To me this is lazy writing. It looks like the writers could not come up with a clever way to write these scenes so they just wrote around them leaving me, the viewer, annoyed and frustrated. Or worse, they deliberately avoided the expected dialogue in order to avoid the real explanation for what is happening in the town - probably because they have not determined that in their own heads yet.

Season 2 of "From" giving some indications of Fonzy on a water ski heading in the direction of the man-eating sharks.