***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

dsturgeon

Reaction score

After a 3 episode season 1, and a very long 3-4 year wait, season 2 is finally out.

Fog Hill of The Five Elements

Creeper

Reaction score
I just finished the final season of "Suits". Overall, I liked the show but it is not without its flaws. I will ignore the ridiculous depiction of the law and law firms because the show would fail miserably under that kind of scrutiny. And really, the show is not about the law anyway, even if it is about a law firm. The show is about the characters and their relationships with each other. Again, this is nonsense. I find it hard to believe there is such a thing as family in business. Business by nature is impersonal. I have friends I met at work, but I cannot imagine being friends with everyone I worked with.

Still, the show was entertaining. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I do have some issues with the show and how it ended. A lot of folks think they wrapped it up nicely at the end and believe me I am one who enjoys happily ever after endings to shows like this. But this one was a bit over the top at the end.

First, I would not have had Harvey and Donna get married. I would have left them as two people who care for each other but can never come together in a marriage. It makes no sense for them to get married at the end. After 12 years Harvey finally realized he loved Donna? What a bunch of nonsense. He cared for her but not in that way. Harvey and Donna should have stayed at their law firm in NY working together as they always had. Besides, there is no chance Harvey would leave NYC to go to Seattle to work for Mike.

Harvey and Donna getting married at Louis's reception would have to be the ultimate breach of etiquette. They literally stole Louis's reception for their own! Plus, the weddings created a big problem because Rachel was missing. I understand she married Prince Harry but not having her at the wedding was too obvious.

I did not like the show once Mike left. The banter between Mike and Harvey was one of the high points of the show. Then when they brought Mike back for 3 episodes in season 9 they overdid it. IMO, the show should have ended after season 7.

How many times during the 9 seasons did Donna have to advise Harvey on what to do? How many times did Harvey walk out of his or someone else's office without saying where he was going, just "I have something to do."?

The star of the show is Rick Hoffman, as Louis Litt. His character is so unreal but so predictable and entertaining.

I didn't care for Meghan Markle's character and it has nothing to do with Meghan Markle. She was a side show and nothing more. I also think the relationship between her and Mike was a mistake in the show. I actually liked Katrina much more than Rachel. Amanda Schull did a better job acting her part too. I think the relationship between Mike and Rachel was a dead end from the start.

I like Wendall Pierce, who played Robert Zane, but he is the same character in every show he appears. Watch Jack Ryan and tell me I am wrong. But no lawyer like Robert Zane would sacrifice his law license and career in law like he did at the end of season 8. And that entire storyline was silly. There was an easy explanation which may have gotten Donna suspended for a few months but no one would have been disbarred. Robert just had to say he accidentally revealed the privileged information to Alex. Or Donna could have told the truth and no one would have been disbarred. Again, Donna, not being a lawyer was not subject to the bar. Perhaps should could have gotten suspended but she had a better argument for escaping the punishment.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only five things I will say about episode four of Ahsoka: Fallen Jedi.

1. The lightsaber melee is a little better than what has been seen before. Still, the series seems like its fight choreographer went on strike before the unions did.

2. The plodding is overshadowing all characters, even Hera and Chopper.

3. Sabine has extremely disappointed me but that may make the season eventually better.

"Snips" :clap:

The World Between Worlds. :starspin: You did not watch Star Wars Rebels if the scene makes zero sense. It is a huge deal, lol.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Only five things I will say about episode four of Ahsoka: Fallen Jedi.

1. The lightsaber melee is a little better than what has been seen before. Still, the series seems like its fight choreographer went on strike before the unions did.

2. The plodding is overshadowing all characters, even Hera and Chopper.

3. Sabine has extremely disappointed me but that may make the season eventually better.

"Snips" :clap:

The World Between Worlds. :starspin: You did not watch Star Wars Rebels if the scene makes zero sense. It is a huge deal, lol.
3. Is it because she wears the most pathetic mandalorian armor ever created? I could get past her armor and kill her with a pair of those safety scissors little kids use

A mandalorian jedi should be the coolest character in star wars.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3. Is it because she wears the most pathetic mandalorian armor ever created? I could get past her armor and kill her with a pair of those safety scissors little kids use

A mandalorian jedi should be the coolest character in star wars.
No. It's her attitude. Not her armor. lol.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No. It's her attitude. Not her armor. lol.
My guess is that they are making her look weak early in the season, to make that triumphant change even better. Even when she stands up to take on the focused blonde by herself, they still throw in some weakness.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Suggestion for anyone still pissed about how much Witcher went down the drain and want something else.

And maybe feeling same about House of Dragons and LOTR show on Amazon, because let's face it, just another attempt to catch magic in a bottle and cash in.

Wheel of Time Season 2 on Amazon Prime. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 is MUCH better. Like many shows, just seems like it took some time to find its rhythm.

For those unaware of series based on popular best-selling novel anthology, it's basically Star Wars 1-6 in a swords & sorcery setting.

Only... it does a much better job, and while there is an "Anakin Skywalker" character, it's more about him and his group of young friends as they face the good and evil of the world growing up.

Good cast in many roles, big and small. Has the right music for the theme. Special effects even seem little tighter in S2.

Best part is they released the first 3 episodes at once for Season 2, so can take it all in at first instead of having to wait week to week.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Suggestion for anyone still pissed about how much Witcher went down the drain and want something else.

And maybe feeling same about House of Dragons and LOTR show on Amazon, because let's face it, just another attempt to catch magic in a bottle and cash in.

Wheel of Time Season 2 on Amazon Prime. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 is MUCH better. Like many shows, just seems like it took some time to find its rhythm.

For those unaware of series based on popular best-selling novel anthology, it's basically Star Wars 1-6 in a swords & sorcery setting.

Only... it does a much better job, and while there is an "Anakin Skywalker" character, it's more about him and his group of young friends as they face the good and evil of the world growing up.

Good cast in many roles, big and small. Has the right music for the theme. Special effects even seem little tighter in S2.

Best part is they released the first 3 episodes at once for Season 2, so can take it all in at first instead of having to wait week to week.
House of Dragons actually stayed pretty true to the book from everything I've seen and it was pretty good political build up. Some might of thought not enough happened but from what I've heard that going by the book the second season should be everything one would want.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Barry - on Max

There's something really addictive about this show. It's darker than I usually like shows to be, but it's so original. Bill Hader is so much better than I expected.

Some of the humor is so close to tragic that it's not always clear when you should be laughing...but there are some definite laugh out loud moments.

8/10

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Barry - on Max

There's something really addictive about this show. It's darker than I usually like shows to be, but it's so original. Bill Hader is so much better than I expected.

Some of the humor is so close to tragic that it's not always clear when you should be laughing...but there are some definite laugh out loud moments.

8/10
Big fan of Barry. Hader pulls it off. Never would have thought of him in a dramatic role.