***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score

‘The Peripheral’ Canceled at Amazon Despite Season 2 Renewal​

The Peripheral” has been canceled at Amazon’s Prime Video, Variety has learned.
The news comes despite the fact that Amazon renewed the show for a second season back in February. The series, based on the William Gibson novel of the same name, debuted on Amazon on Oct. 21, 2022.

Very disappointed to hear this news, I really liked the first season and was looking forward to seeing where it goes. It ends up a casualty of the ongoing writer's strike, wonder how many others will follow suit?

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the-peripheral-canceled-amazon-season-2-renewal-1235700019/
Amazon is the worst. This was a really good show asnd I thought it had a pretty good audience too. I was looking forward to season 2 as well. I mean they are bringing back Wheel of Time was was mediocre compared to the Peripheral.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this on HBO?
It premiered last night
It's the story of Bishop Sycamore High School Football team.
They played a game vrs. IMG Academy, televised on ESPN two years ago.
The problem being that Bishop Sycamore High School... doesn't actually exist.

Intriguing watch
I remember the story when it happened. Really made ESPN and basically anyone who was involved look stupid. Fake school got blown out by like 60 points or something.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazon is the worst. This was a really good show asnd I thought it had a pretty good audience too. I was looking forward to season 2 as well. I mean they are bringing back Wheel of Time was was mediocre compared to the Peripheral.
I would not label The Wheel of Time as mediocre but the cancellation of The Peripheral was a gut punch to me. I was constantly checking Prime Video for a new season premiere date announcement on the series page.

The show was just getting real good too. This cancellation reminds me of the single season NBC's The Event had for me years ago. Big cliffhanger. No payoff.

Plus, I was really enjoying Chloe Grace Moretz in the title role. She has impressed me since Kick-Butt (but not butt lol).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would not label The Wheel of Time as mediocre but the cancellation of The Peripheral was a gut punch to me. I was constantly checking Prime Video for a new season premiere date announcement on the series page.

The show was just getting real good too. This cancellation reminds me of the single season NBC's The Event had for me years ago. Big cliffhanger. No payoff.

Plus, I was really enjoying Chloe Grace Moretz in the title role. She has impressed me since Kick-Butt (but not butt lol).
Agreed, she was fantastic in both roles. I also liked her in the remake of Carrie.

But I agree with @Creeper with regard to The Wheel of Time. In fact, I just recently got a reminder to watch the next season of it, and deleted the message without bothering to look and see when it's on.

Creeper

Reaction score
Agreed, she was fantastic in both roles. I also liked her in the remake of Carrie.

But I agree with @Creeper with regard to The Wheel of Time. In fact, I just recently got a reminder to watch the next season of it, and deleted the message without bothering to look and see when it's on.
I got that message too. I think it starts in September. I will probably watch it but most likely to fill time till something else is released.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Max has a lot of travel/food shows now that they've merged the Discovery and CNN content. Of course, no one is better than Anthony Bourdain. Seen all his shows, and watch them again sometimes on Max.

But if you do like Bourdain - how he not only does food, but culture, average joes, etc. - two of their newer ones produced by Stanley Tucci are great. Italy with Stanley Tucci and Mexico with Eva Longoria.

Both have family on both sides from those countries and each show is dedicated to a certain region. The food, culture, history, architecture -- even local crime. Good watch, but don't do it on an empty stomach.

Recommend all Texas residents watch the Nuevo Leon episode for Mexico if you want to see where much of your food originates from.

Also, I never realized how much of Italy's food was from diverse origins from its thousands of years as a trading mecca, being invaded in Crusades by Arabs, and other events. Even the pasta idea was stolen from another society.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Netflix and Prime watchers…

“Bad and Crazy”.. Korean police, psychological, comedy thriller series all in one.. 10/10
Just finished Bad and Crazy. It's pretty good, but I wouldn't give it a 10. It's a little odd how they changed the plot halfway through the season, but that's not all bad. Makes it like 2 seasons in one.

Overall, I give it a 7/10. Definitely worth watching.

khiladi

Reaction score
Just finished Bad and Crazy. It's pretty good, but I wouldn't give it a 10. It's a little odd how they changed the plot halfway through the season, but that's not all bad. Makes it like 2 seasons in one.

Overall, I give it a 7/10. Definitely worth watching.

I can jive with your review and the
“Change in plot”, was definitely going to be pointed out. I don’t consider it a “new plot”, more a development on the actual psychological angle, obviously with the darker vibe. 7 is definitely a solid rating.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can jive with your review and the
“Change in plot”, was definitely going to be pointed out. I don’t consider it a “new plot”, more a development on the actual psychological angle, obviously with the darker vibe. 7 is definitely a solid rating.
The first half of the season was more about corruption, whereas the second half was about the psychological aspect, IMO. It was almost like two separate stories. Although, in retrospect, it was the first story that drew the attention of the antagonist in the second story, so well done.

Considering that, I'll up it to a 7.5.

Creeper

Reaction score
The first season may be the worst one. I almost gave up on it. Glad I didn't.

Finished final season of Jack Ryan, first I was bummed it was ending but glad it did. Had it figured out by episode 2. I really enjoyed the show though
I am in season two and have enjoyed it a lot so far.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished S3 of Ragnarok. It dragged on a bit, and some of dubbing is pretty comical, but overall, it was pretty good.

6/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After watching episode one of She Wars: Ahsoka, I'm not at all impressed. Sabine "I'm a rebel" Wren is an annoying character, with a stupid looking cat/fox/muppet pet and what looks like a really bad wig.

The fight scenes so far are robotic and predictable, and the dialogue is terrible.

TBH, I'm going to have to force myself to watch episode two.