***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
The Continental on Peacock. John Wick Prequel basesd in the 70's with a young Winston taking on Mel Gibson who runs it. Nothing amazing but it's Hella entertaining. There's only 3 parts, but are like an hour 20 each and the finale is Friday.

Epic opening credits alone are worth it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The Continental on Peacock. John Wick Prequel basesd in the 70's with a young Winston taking on Mel Gibson who runs it. Nothing amazing but it's Hella entertaining. There's only 3 parts, but are like an hour 20 each and the finale is Friday.

Epic opening credits alone are worth it.

Is it filmed like John Wick with the 24/7 fighting sequences?

Creeper

Reaction score
How 'bout 'The Expanse' or 'Dark Matter' which was another well done ScyFy Channel show. I really liked 'Altered Carbon' and 'Raised By Wolves' too.
Dark Matter is an underrated Sci-Fi series that was prematurely canceled IMO. I think the way they ended the last season they realized the next season would have to be a spectacular CGI effort and would cost a ton of money. I hate when they cancel a series after it ends in a cliff-hanger.

The Expanse may be the gold standard for "realistic future" Sci-Fi series.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dark Matter is an underrated Sci-Fi series that was prematurely canceled IMO. I think the way they ended the last season they realized the next season would have to be a spectacular CGI effort and would cost a ton of money. I hate when they cancel a series after it ends in a cliff-hanger.

Agree on all points.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Agreed, 'Dark Matter' was underrated and disappointed when it got cancelled. One of their better sci-fi series.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3psMGFz.gif

:clap:
What is shown between the episode's 36:06 - 37:20 marks likely mean nothing to anyone but what is seen will have a tremendous bearing on season two. I would suggest watching episodes 15 - 17 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars season three as a reference for anyone interested.

I hope Ray Stevenson had an opportunity of filming any scenes specifically for just this story subplot before he died. It did not occur to me Dave Filoni would squeeze it in. Hopefully, Stevenson will have played his part. He deserved it.

Also for anyone interested:

A short 8-minute video touching on the mentor/student relationship at the core of Star Wars. It came out a month ago but I missed seeing it.

I’m going on record in saying that I think Rosario Dawson was a poor casting choice. It’s like she never bothered to watch the Clone Wars and the character she’s supposed to be playing. Her depiction is nothing like the Ahsoka character.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Thrawn. He lulls enemies into making their own mistakes. Calculating. Unmercifully deadly.

The actor playing him is the same guy who did the character voice in Star Wars Rebels. I am confident he will bring out the best in Thrawn for that rest.
I think he is a blue version of data

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Just found "Justified" on Disney+. What a show. I'm really not a tv series man as I find them stories stretched way too much over endless episodes. I rather watch a good movie.

But this show caught me instantly. No nonsense dialogues, no PC crap, great acting, setting, soundtrack... everything. Been to the south a few times, but mostly Texas which never felt like the "real" south should have felt lol. Loved Texas but I wanna travel the south eastern states one day. To me it is the "Top Gun Maverick" of drama series.

Anyway, I guess many have watched this show already but since it kinda went under the radar as far as I have seen I recommend it highly to anyone who wants to take a pause from all that superhero fantasy sh/t and is looking for a more down to earth show. I'm in the 4th season now and are already sorry that it will end in two seasons lol. In Germany they call it a "Western Show" lol. Ridiculous.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just found "Justified" on Disney+. What a show. I'm really not a tv series man as I find them stories stretched way too much over endless episodes. I rather watch a good movie.

But this show caught me instantly. No nonsense dialogues, no PC crap, great acting, setting, soundtrack... everything. Been to the south a few times, but mostly Texas which never felt like the "real" south should have felt lol. Loved Texas but I wanna travel the south eastern states one day. To me it is the "Top Gun Maverick" of drama series.

Anyway, I guess many have watched this show already but since it kinda went under the radar as far as I have seen I recommend it highly to anyone who wants to take a pause from all that superhero fantasy sh/t and is looking for a more down to earth show. I'm in the 4th season now and are already sorry that it will end in two seasons lol. In Germany they call it a "Western Show" lol. Ridiculous.
Actually, they're making new episodes on a different network, I'm not sure if it's a streaming platform.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Guy Ritchie's The Covenant on Prime.

Friggin' good flick! There were 3 actors that took me a few seconds to recognize, and I really like all 3.

Jonny Lee Miller - (Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock)
Antony Starr - (Homelander - The Boys)
Alexander Ludwig - (Byorn Ironside - Vikings)

8.5/10
Sorry, I meant Sherlock from Elementary.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
GEN V and LOKI back 2 back. Great stuff!
A lot of good franchise stuff lately on streamers. Feels like pandemic again with all the entertaining offers. Maybe not for everyone, but I've enjoyed them.

Loki
Gen V
Ashoka
Winning Time
Wheel of Time
Twisted Metal
Continental

... and more

I like MAX's new CNN section with the live news service and links to all their documentaries and series, some of which are pretty darn good.

Sports & News are really the last things that streamers needed to kill cable and they've almost done it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Finished all 3 seasons of The Boys. Watching Gen V made me realize I left off in Season 2. Don't think I gave The Boys enough credit for being such a smart show. Everything is a take on modern events with no one spared.

End of Season 3 is great with the shot of the kid. Won't say what the spoiler is, but I'm sure all of you who watched it know what I'm talking about.

As long as you can handle the purposefully shocking content from full blood & guts to some real messed up sex stuff, it's a great show, both for its dark satire on modern culture, and making all these ridiculously exaggerated characters actually compelling to watch.

I guess the guy who plays Homelander is really a Kiwi? He must be masking his accent? Plays a terrific psychopath. Karl Urban as Billy Butcher is classic! Frenchie & The Female, Starlight and Hughie, MM, Elizabeth Shue in Season One, The Deep, Soldier Boy... just a lot of terrific casting, acting and writing!