***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finished all 3 seasons of The Boys. Watching Gen V made me realize I left off in Season 2. Don't think I gave The Boys enough credit for being such a smart show. Everything is a take on modern events with no one spared.

End of Season 3 is great with the shot of the kid. Won't say what the spoiler is, but I'm sure all of you who watched it know what I'm talking about.

As long as you can handle the purposefully shocking content from full blood & guts to some real messed up sex stuff, it's a great show, both for its dark satire on modern culture, and making all these ridiculously exaggerated characters actually compelling to watch.

I guess the guy who plays Homelander is really a Kiwi? He must be masking his accent? Plays a terrific psychopath. Karl Urban as Billy Butcher is classic! Frenchie & The Female, Starlight and Hughie, MM, Elizabeth Shue in Season One, The Deep, Soldier Boy... just a lot of terrific casting, acting and writing!
The guy who plays Homelander has a small (but excellent) role in The Covenant on Prime. No accent in that either.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Link

Two random Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews of Ahsoka:

(1 of 5 Stars)
"Very slow pace storyline, expanded every episode by slow delivery. Acting was Bad dialogue was worse. Action / fighting scenes was like training sessions not the final product. No storytelling just pieces of cut and paste to move on quickly to produce. Not recommended if you looking for little bit of quality." - Fonetech P

(5 of 5 Stars)
"For those who wanted a Rebel season 5, this is the show. Many call backs also from the Clone Wars. Interesting to see how Ahsoka has evolved from an annoying teenager in clone wars, to a wise young adult (Fulcrum) in Rebels, and finally Ahsoka the white. I think most people have missed the point in the show, it's about the JOURNEY of Ahsoka not the destination. Everything comes to a close loop from beginning to end. Yes there are unanswered questions, but that makes me excited to see what the future holds for more Star Wars Lore/Mythology." - Ai Lin K

There are a couple hundred reviews from audience members. The more colorful ones have cuss words. :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not sure I understand that article. Writers for film/TV are writers. Is there a difference? What exactly are they trying to say?

I think it's more that Kevin Feige didn't think they produced a quality product with Daredevil and went a new direction. It happens.

I think the problem is they got away from what worked. People don't want a complicated comic book universe, they want a simple film universe with Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and are willing to give other franchises a shot if the movie is good like Guardians.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure I understand that article. Writers for film/TV are writers. Is there a difference? What exactly are they trying to say?

I think it's more that Kevin Feige didn't think they produced a quality product with Daredevil and went a new direction. It happens.

I think the problem is they got away from what worked. People don't want a complicated comic book universe, they want a simple film universe with Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and are willing to give other franchises a shot if the movie is good like Guardians.
I think it's a different formula, writing for TV. They make each episode 46 minutes, or however long it is, and they have to keep it compelling while leaving you willing to wait to see the next episode, so they have to end the episode at just the right moment. They have to tell enough of each storyline to keep you interested, whereas in the movies, they just tell the whole story all at once. Sure, there are sequels, but each movie can stand on its own, for the most part.

visionary

Reaction score

I agree with you

Im a long time comic book fan (esp Marvel) but by now im done with the whole Multiverse thing which IMO is just a way of making really really bad stuff happen and then reverse everything with the wave of your hand accompanied by a totally unintelligible explanation. I have absolutely no intention of watching season 2 of Loki

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with you

Im a long time comic book fan (esp Marvel) but by now im done with the whole Multiverse thing which IMO is just a way of making really really bad stuff happen and then reverse everything with the wave of your hand accompanied by a totally unintelligible explanation. I have absolutely no intention of watching season 2 of Loki
Quitter

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I agree with you

Yeah, I agree. Although I do enjoy watching Loki because I have a soft spot for time travel stories. I think people want the stuff that Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and others made famous with classic good vs evil storylines. Not the modern stuff with PC heroes, fan fiction-esque stories and a whole lotta soap opera.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
As a whole, I think the Netflix Marvel shows have been better than the Disney Marvel shows. That's not too say I haven't enjoyed the Disney ones. Do not know if there was any crossover in the creative. But if not, maybe bring those people in.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a whole, I think the Netflix Marvel shows have been better than the Disney Marvel shows. That's not too say I haven't enjoyed the Disney ones. Do not know if there was any crossover in the creative. But if not, maybe bring those people in.
I agree for the most part. The one exception I would rank below a Disney offering is Iron Fist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking forward to this.....

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Huh? What? Who? How? Where did this series come from?

If any actress can take what Tatiana Maslany started and build upon it, even it is a different role and concept, IT'S Krysten Ritter.

Dang it. I got rid of AMC when Rick left The Walking Dead.

I gotta get AMC back...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Huh? What? Who? How? Where did this series come from?

If any actress can take what Tatiana Maslany started and build upon it, even it is a different role and concept, IT'S Krysten Ritter.

Dang it. I got rid of AMC when Rick left The Walking Dead.

I gotta get AMC back...
I started hearing about this a few months now, I got pretty excited and re-watched most of the original series this summer. I feel the same about Ritter, if Tatiana Maslany isn't coming back, then she is a great choice. Nice gig until Jessica Jones comes back.......... ;)