***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fall of the House of Usher on Netflix

Not bad. Some cool gory scenes.
Nice little one time series. For those that like gothic style ala American Horror story in its earlier seasons.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Is this a spinoff of something else, or a completely novel concept?
I'm thinking it picks up years after where the original story left off. If you never watched the original "Orphan Black" series, it's worth a look. Tatiana Maslany is incredible, she plays several different clones, all with their own look, lives and distinct personalities. There were 5 clones in the main story, but there were a bunch of others throughout the series. I think Helena was my favorite clone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking it picks up years after where the original story left off. If you never watched the original "Orphan Black" series, it's worth a look. Tatiana Maslany is incredible, she plays several different clones, all with their own look, lives and distinct personalities. There were 5 clones in the main story, but there were a bunch of others throughout the series. I think Helena was my favorite clone.
Cosima was my favorite. I liked Rachel a lot too despite her being evil.

Maslany could play ANY of the clones distinctively. Sometimes I would temporarily forget it was one actress. Her range was really good. She could play the housewife or a seductress. That love scene with Paul was... unforgettable. Glad Helena did not take that shot. :D

Creeper

Reaction score
I finally finished watching Wheel of Time season 2. I really like it most of the time. Even though it seems they steal some concepts from star wars, and The Witcher, and a number of other books and movies, it doesn't hurt the show much at all. The final episode was somewhat predictable, but very satisfying. I am certainly looking forward to a Season 3, although Amazon has a nasty habit of canceling shows like this so I am not holding my breath.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hmmm. Haven’t bothered watching a new Star Trek show since Next Generation other than The Lower Decks because it cracks me up. I may have to watch this Strange Worlds episode where they pulled a Star Wars and brought out the live versions. Dead on casting.

star-trek-strange-new-wolds-lower-decks-boimler-and-mariner.jpg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Alright, gave the new Frasier a spin. It started out 'meh' for me right out of the gate, but even though there are only a few episodes out, I found myself watching them all. It seems to progressively grow on you. It has that cheesy comedy, that is to be expected in a show of that nature, but the charm of Frasier seems to keep you pulled in. While it doesn't feel like it will reach the heights of the historic shows of Cheers/Frasier, I'm willing to give it a real chance. I do wish some of the original cast was in it, but I do like most of the new cast so far, sans Nile's son. I'm just not feeling his presence so far. His character feels a bit forced and a bit cringeworthy. All in all though, I'm here for it.

I loved the very touching, albeit brief, tribute to John Mahoney at the end of the premier episode.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Alright, gave the new Frasier a spin. It started out 'meh' for me right out of the gate, but even though there are only a few episodes out, I found myself watching them all. It seems to progressively grow on you. It has that cheesy comedy, that is to be expected in a show of that nature, but the charm of Frasier seems to keep you pulled in. While it doesn't feel like it will reach the heights of the historic shows of Cheers/Frasier, I'm willing to give it a real chance. I do wish some of the original cast was in it, but I do like most of the new cast so far, sans Nile's son. I'm just not feeling his presence so far. His character feels a bit forced and a bit cringeworthy. All in all though, I'm here for it.

I loved the very touching tribute to John Mahoney at the end of the premier episode.
Saw the first episode so far and agree with everything you said, including the only character that is tough to get buy in. In that kid’s defense though, David Hyde Pierce is forever typecast as Niles because he did such a great job with the character. They probably shouldn’t have tried to bring back the ‘magic.’ Feels like a cross between a Sheldon, Niles and Woody character with no claim of its own. Watching Frasier Part III (LOL) makes me realize how much laugh tracks have gone away. Almost feels weird hearing one again, but it was a good decision to keep it with the history of the past shows. Even watching classics like Seinfeld in Season 1 again was rough. I’m sure they’ll get the rhythm going, they have a solid enough premise.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Special Ops: Lioness (Prime)

Pretty much what it sounds like, with Zoe Saldana as the leader of a black ops crew, taking on Middle Eastern terrorists. Her direct superior is played by Nicole Kidman, who looks like someone made a wax statue, based off of someone's description of her.

Anyway, it's pretty well done and very intense. I'm on episode 5, and so far it's just getting better.

7.5/10

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Hmmm. Haven’t bothered watching a new Star Trek show since Next Generation other than The Lower Decks because it cracks me up. I may have to watch this Strange Worlds episode where they pulled a Star Wars and brought out the live versions. Dead on casting.

star-trek-strange-new-wolds-lower-decks-boimler-and-mariner.jpg
It's an entertaining episode. I believe the actors are the ones that do the voices on Lower Decks.

Creeper

Reaction score

I loved the very touching, albeit brief, tribute to John Mahoney at the end of the premier episode.
I started watching the first episode, but I really struggled to get through it. It just does not have the same feel as the original Frasier without Niles and the father, who passed away in real life. Frederick was never a good character in the show in the first place. But the show needs Niles. I understand Roz will make guest appearances in the show at some point but that won't be enough IMO.

Maybe I will give it a try again and force myself through the first few episodes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Pretty much what it sounds like, with Zoe Saldana as the leader of a black ops crew, taking on Middle Eastern terrorists. Her direct superior is played by Nicole Kidman, who looks like someone made a wax statue, based off of someone's description of her.

Anyway, it's pretty well done and very intense. I'm on episode 5, and so far it's just getting better.

7.5/10
Starting e8 now. It's just a little "girl power", but at least they're not treating it like all men are weak, stupid scumbags.

Zoe's performance in this has just catapulted her to the top of my Favorite Actresses list.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starting e8 now. It's just a little "girl power", but at least they're not treating it like all men are weak, stupid scumbags.

Zoe's performance in this has just catapulted her to the top of my Favorite Actresses list.
The show is good for what it is.
Nothing new really but still pretty good for the most part.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

7.5/10
Been meaning to watch that. Always thought Zoe Saldana was a great action star. That's the same guy too who made Yellowstone, right?

I think Zoe Saldana has replaced Harrison Ford as the all-time box office grossing champion. Just think about how many franchises she is associated with:
  • Avengers, Guardians
  • Star Trek
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started watching the first episode, but I really struggled to get through it. It just does not have the same feel as the original Frasier without Niles and the father, who passed away in real life. Frederick was never a good character in the show in the first place. But the show needs Niles. I understand Roz will make guest appearances in the show at some point but that won't be enough IMO.

Maybe I will give it a try again and force myself through the first few episodes.
I watched the first three episodes yesterday. Thus far, it’s pretty ‘meh’ for me. It just feels like a Kelsey Grammer money grab to me. His fingerprints are all over it, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes. And I think he just doesn’t want to share the money with anyone else.

As you mentioned, it really misses David Hyde Pierce’s Niles character. The dynamic between his character and Frasier was what made that series work.

None of the new characters are appealing to me, and the laughs were few and far between.

I’ll probably give it a few more episodes to be sure, but I’m unimpressed this far.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Been meaning to watch that. Always thought Zoe Saldana was a great action star. That's the same guy too who made Yellowstone, right?

I think Zoe Saldana has replaced Harrison Ford as the all-time box office grossing champion. Just think about how many franchises she is associated with:
  • Avengers, Guardians
  • Star Trek
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
Pretty sure it's Samuel L.Jackson

giphy.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
I started watching Ragnarok yesterday, I got as far as the into music and turned out off. For some reason the opening theme music was a red flag that the show was going to be stupid. Am I wrong?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started watching Ragnarok yesterday, I got as far as the into music and turned out off. For some reason the opening theme music was a red flag that the show was going to be stupid. Am I wrong?
If you can get past the accents (especially his mother's) it's not too bad. I wouldn't say it's "must see", or even "probably should see", but it's okay. It's almost amateurish, but it kinda feels like it's supposed to be?

I'm glad I watched it, but once is enough.