***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sopranos
Haven’t seen it again since it ended but slowly watching it again. Done with S1 and definitely still holds up! :thumbup:

Great show. Still one of my all-time favorites. Sad that James Gandolfini died so young. I believe some of the older actors in his gang have passed as well.

She’s in her 50’s now but woweee, forgot how hot that Italian actress was who played his hallucination, Isabella. Like a taller more voluptuous Catherine Zeta Jones in her prime.
I've never seen it. What are you watching it on, Max?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yes. HBO Show. Oh boy... if you've never seen it before you're in for a treat. Highly recommend watching the series, you'll binge through it.

Up there with Breaking Bad as one of my all-time favorite watches.
I re-watched "Sopranos" about this time last year, it was a great re-watch binge. Been thinking about re-watching "The Wire", been a long time since I watched that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. HBO Show. Oh boy... if you've never seen it before you're in for a treat. Highly recommend watching the series, you'll binge through it.

Up there with Breaking Bad as one of my all-time favorite watches.
I didn't really care for Breaking Bad, to be honest. Only made it through one season, I think... maybe 2. Too depressing for me.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I didn't really care for Breaking Bad, to be honest. Only made it through one season, I think... maybe 2. Too depressing for me.
Well, I wouldn't call Sopranos as depressing as Breaking Bad.

Tony Soprano goes through depression and that's about it. LOL

It's basically a serious take on that DeNiro/Crystal comedy "Analyze That" and with all the mob and family drama mixed in.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, I wouldn't call Sopranos as depressing as Breaking Bad.

Tony Soprano goes through depression and that's about it. LOL

It's basically a serious take on that DeNiro/Crystal comedy "Analyze That" and with all the mob and family drama mixed in.
I figure, as much as I loved Sons of Anarchy, I'll probably at least like this.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
TOP 10 STREAMING TV SHOWS COMING IN JANUARY

The two that pull me in enough to watch are the new WW2 Series on Apple TV about the bombers, and I will probably watch True Detective Season 4 with Jodie Foster as it streams. Hoping it brings back some of that Silence of the Lambs magic. I enjoyed Season 3 but never saw 1 and 2. Each season is its own twisted murder mystery story.

PRIME VIDEO JANUARY 2024

MAX JANUARY 2024

DISNEY+ JANUARY 2024

HULU JANUARY 2024

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
PEACOCK JANUARY 2024

PARAMOUNT/SHOWTIME JANUARY 2024

APPLE JANUARY 2024 (may include some February)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
TOP 10 STREAMING TV SHOWS COMING IN JANUARY

The two that pull me in enough to watch are the new WW2 Series on Apple TV about the bombers, and I will probably watch True Detective Season 4 with Jodie Foster as it streams. Hoping it brings back some of that Silence of the Lambs magic. I enjoyed Season 3 but never saw 1 and 2. Each season is its own twisted murder mystery story.

Season 1 of True Detective is up there for single best season of any TV show, truly great performances by Harrelson and McConaughey.

Creeper

Reaction score
I was flipping around the channels last night at the end of the CFP nd came across "HALO" on Showtime. The first two episodes of a series were on. I had no idea anyone was making this series so I was surprised and delighted to see it listed in the channel guide.

I played the first few releases of the game years ago on XBox but I have no paid attention for a long time.

I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night. It was pretty good. Good special effects and the storyline did not turn me off. I am looking for ward to the rest of the series.

Did anyone else watch it?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I was flipping around the channels last night at the end of the CFP nd came across "HALO" on Showtime. The first two episodes of a series were on. I had no idea anyone was making this series so I was surprised and delighted to see it listed in the channel guide.

I played the first few releases of the game years ago on XBox but I have no paid attention for a long time.

I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night. It was pretty good. Good special effects and the storyline did not turn me off. I am looking for ward to the rest of the series.

Yes..........and as a Halo fan I hated it. lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It started off decent but for me it fell off towards the end to the point I was not bothered if I missed it.
I think there is a second season coming soon though.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched the first 3 episodes of Marvels Echo and so far I'm enjoying it. It definitely feels more like a Netflix Marvel show than a Disney one, a little darker, grittier and not constantly trying to set-up one liner jokes. Echo is not a A-List or even B-List Marvel character so not sure why she would get her own show, but even with that, but really do like the non-Disneyesque approach to the series. Action scenes are pretty solid, there was a nice continuous shot fight scene that was pretty well done. Refreshing to have a street level type character again and not another overpowered, galactic, CGI-fest, multiverse inspired story. It's not at the Daredevil or Jessica Jones level, but better than the recent Disney Marvel shows.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Watched the first 3 episodes of Marvels Echo and so far I'm enjoying it. It definitely feels more like a Netflix Marvel show than a Disney one, a little darker, grittier and not constantly trying to set-up one liner jokes. Echo is not a A-List or even B-List Marvel character so not sure why she would get her own show, but even with that, but really do like the non-Disneyesque approach to the series. Action scenes are pretty solid, there was a nice continuous shot fight scene that was pretty well done. Refreshing to have a street level type character again and not another overpowered, galactic, CGI-fest, multiverse inspired story. It's not at the Daredevil or Jessica Jones level, but better than the recent Disney Marvel shows.
I'm looking forward to it. I think Hawkeye has been the only other Netflix Marvel-like show. And I wish they'd hire those teams to create Disney+ shows. I have liked all the Disney+ shows, but not nearly as much as the Netflix ones. Hawkeye is the only one I have watched more than once.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Sounds like they're basically bringing back the Netflix show vibe. Good! Loved the Daredevil series, and while some of them were meh, I did enjoy like you said, the street brawler theme instead of the CGI Sci-Fi extravaganza.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I caught the first episode. Consider me underwhelmed right now. The episode was barely Iron Fist quality. That series was on the bottom rung of my Netflix rankings, even below The Defenders. I am hoping Echo's remaining episodes impressed me more.

Interestingly enough, my two closest friends are not comic book fans but they did binge watch all episodes and enjoyed them. It is rare that I am the one playing catch-up to them, lol.

While not a mutant or superhuman, Maya established prominent ties with the Avengers and X-Men. The Phoenix Force has also used her as its host. Not sure if that twist will ever be triggered in the MCU. Even so, it is the wide diversity of characters in Marvel that Disney keeps exploring that I enjoy.

I am not certain how Disney/Marvel will address the post-Jonathan Majors era Phases strategy. Avengers was going to be an element in the Kang storyline at some point. That plotline would have had a probable tangible connection with Maya's character.

The same applies to Maya with the X-Men and especially Wolverine but who knows how any altered planning shall be carried out in the short- and long-term. My wish is the character's television series sets up a solid backstory for her that intelligent screenwriting can transfer to any of her possible later appearances in the MCU. If not, general audiences will likely have a lukewarm response to Echo as they did with the other first-appearance deaf character of Makkari in Eternals (and she even had superspeed abilities, haha).

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I caught the first episode. Consider me underwhelmed right now. The episode was barely Iron Fist quality. That series was on the bottom rung of my Netflix rankings, even below The Defenders. I am hoping Echo's remaining episodes impressed me more.

Interestingly enough, my two closest friends are not comic book fans but they did binge watch all episodes and enjoyed them. It is rare that I am the one playing catch-up to them, lol.

While not a mutant or superhuman, Maya established prominent ties with the Avengers and X-Men. The Phoenix Force has also used her as its host. Not sure if that twist will ever be triggered in the MCU. Even so, it is the wide diversity of characters in Marvel that Disney keeps exploring that I enjoy.

I am not certain how Disney/Marvel will address the post-Jonathan Majors era Phases strategy. Avengers was going to be an element in the Kang storyline at some point. That plotline would have had a probable tangible connection with Maya's character.

The same applies to Maya with the X-Men and especially Wolverine but who knows how any altered planning shall be carried out in the short- and long-term. My wish is the character's television series sets up a solid backstory for her that intelligent screenwriting can transfer to any of her possible later appearances in the MCU. If not, general audiences will likely have a lukewarm response to Echo as they did with the other first-appearance deaf character of Makkari in Eternals (and she even had superspeed abilities, haha).
I read comics, but stopped reading them more or less in the 90's, so I have limited knowledge on the Echo character. I don't know what cog in the MCU she will be, but the immediate ones are the ties to Kingpin and Daredevil, which will always get my attention. Going forward, don't know what connection to the ongoing, omnipresent Kang/Multiverse story, but seems like she has more connection to some type of X-Men story, again something that gets my attention, but we'll see.

I appreciate the shift in tone and style from the usual Disney treatment on Marvel characters, that it's OK to portray a character and tell a story that doesn't feel geared towards a 12 year old. It gives me a little more hope for their upcoming Daredevil series.