***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I was just tired on my night meds but I watched the first episode of the House of Ninjas and thought it was Meh.
Maybe I will give it another chance.

Resident Alien is on Netflix now. 2 Season.
Originally on SyFy...do not know if they will continue the series there or not

I think I watched the first episode a few years ago prior to cutting the cord or saw it on youtube. But never watched another episode.

I have to say I am almost done with season one it I really enjoy it. It is not one of the great comedy classics but I really enjoy it. And I think anyone that likes some silly humor and a little scifi added to it will enjoy it as well.

Premise is an alien crashes on earth. Takes the form of a human. Human turns out to be a DR so he fills in as the towns temp Dr. However One young kid can see his true form which adds more humor to the show.

Give it a try with a few episodes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe I was just tired on my night meds but I watched the first episode of the House of Ninjas and thought it was Meh.

I think I watched the first episode a few years ago prior to cutting the cord or saw it on youtube. But never watched another episode.

I have to say I am almost done with season one it I really enjoy it. It is not one of the great comedy classics but I really enjoy it. And I think anyone that likes some silly humor and a little scifi added to it will enjoy it as well.

Premise is an alien crashes on earth. Takes the form of a human. Human turns out to be a DR so he fills in as the towns temp Dr. However One young kid can see his true form which adds more humor to the show.

I'm watching the first episode now. It's gonna take some work for me to get past the fact that the kid sees his alien form even though he physically transformed.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm watching the first episode now. It's gonna take some work for me to get past the fact that the kid sees his alien form even though he physically transformed.
It is explained why only that kid can see him. You might not have gotten to that part yet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is explained why only that kid can see him. You might not have gotten to that part yet.
No, not the kids part. I don't understand why anyone can see it, because it's not like it's a cloaking device or a glamour spell. He physically transformed into a human. It'd be like someone looking at a Yellow Camaro and being able to see Bumblebee.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So I'm at the end of Season 2. It's not a bad show, but the only character I really like a lot is Darcy. What a fantastic character (and actor) she is.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HUGE fan of the original Shogun series and Shogun is also my favorite book that I have read many times over the years.

The original series focused more on Blackthorne. Toranaga had more import in the book. They left out many things in the series concerning Toranaga.

I see this series so far has changed that. The series has focused much more on Toranaga so far than the original,

With that said....with very few exceptions the original cast is so superior thus far. Loved Mifune as the original actor and I do not think you can do a better job. However the Sanada is doing a good job thus far as Toranaga.

So far I do not care for the actors/direction of Blackthorn, Omi, Yabu, Mariko, father alvito, Ishido and without question Rodriquez actor is just completely wrong for this role IMO.

Series looks promising so far and I have really looked forward to it. However it is going to be hard for me to find this better than the original...but it is early.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last air bender.

I remember the movie years ago was a flop and I really do not remember much about it.

Maybe it was better set as a series.

This new series so far is ....ok. Nickelodeon and Netflix teaming up. Plus I guess the original story/anime or whatever leads this series to be a little kiddified (yes I know not a real word but I think you get it) in some areas.

Only a few episodes in but enjoy it so far.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FINALLY finished off The Last of Us.

I watched the first couple of episodes when it first came on but I cycle through some pay services so at that time I dropped Max and forgot about it. Enjoyed the series. It had some small flaws here and there. Also not a new overall concept. But still both main actors did well IMO and the series kept me interested.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last air bender.

I remember the movie years ago was a flop and I really do not remember much about it.

Maybe it was better set as a series.

This new series so far is ....ok. Nickelodeon and Netflix teaming up. Plus I guess the original story/anime or whatever leads this series to be a little kiddified (yes I know not a real word but I think you get it) in some areas.

Only a few episodes in but enjoy it so far.
The movie was a dog. The original animated series was extremely well done. It has remained one of, if not the best, American made animated television series since it was released nearly twenty years ago.

I finished all eight episodes of the live action series' first season. They mashed in many details into this start but integrated them well. Viewers get more background of the story earlier than those familiar with the first series. There is more emphasis on Prince Zuko and General Iro's relationship much sooner this time around. I have enjoyed it.

There should be two more seasons if this show follows the first one. The final three episodes of the first show are extremely good. I worried this version could pull off the animated climax in a live series. The final live episode showed me enough to believe the producers of this show will likely succeed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted the following in another thread last Sunday but will post it here also since the show got mentioned:

1pJA5yx.png

Thought about posting this in the streaming television thread but thought it may be better suited for this thread. Avatar: The Last Airbender (different avatar/no tall blue people lol) is the live-action adaptation of the children's Nickelodeon animated series from nearly 20 years ago. The original show was targeted for the network's main audience but has garnered a cult following among adults as well. It had underlining themes that dealt with, as co-creator Bryan Konietzko said, genocide, totalitarianism, systemic injustice, abuse, etc.

Personally, I give Nickelodeon credit for allowing such a well-made, almost a relatively sweeping epic, dealing with stuff children do not normally see like it, into its programming lineup. No one should get me wrong. It is a kids' show. It is also much more than that.

(Rambling) That is why I had much trepidation in M. Night Shyamalan directing a feature movie of the show. It expectedly bombed (and added to my dislike of the man's work since The Sixth Sense and Signs). The new attempt, in series form, is a much MUCH better animation-to-live action translation. I am four episodes in and it is getting better as it goes along. I found a good but fair review of the new series (link):

3 1/2 of 5 stars
Based on the acclaimed animated Nickelodeon television series, Avatar: The Last Airbender is an action-adventure fantasy series developed by Albert Kim. The series follows Aang, a young man training to harness the four elements to live up to the title of Avatar - the one who will restore balance to the world.​
Pros
  • The live-action series gets the characters and story right overall
  • The fight sequences are great, as is the variety of bending
  • The cast is great and they really grow into their roles
Cons
  • The special effects are not always that great
  • The series has a shaky start due to heavy exposition

Heavy exposition is unfortunately true. Fans of the original show will have zero problem with picking up the backstory. We already know it. Then again, I hope old fans will be patient with any new fans this show may attract because the original series took its time explaining the backstory over a number of episodes during its first season.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Wow Shogun has really blown me away. Epic first two episodes.

Avatar was decent for what it was. Some of the dialogue and acting was a bit rough but for being a show based on the material I thought it was OK.

Also watching the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I think it's been absolutely hilarious, as always. Gonna miss Larry and the clan, especially Leon lol.

Still have The Walking Dead and Constellation on Apple + to catch up on tonight. Some truly great TV lately.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I posted the following in another thread last Sunday but will post it here also since the show got mentioned:

1pJA5yx.png

Thought about posting this in the streaming television thread but thought it may be better suited for this thread. Avatar: The Last Airbender (different avatar/no tall blue people lol) is the live-action adaptation of the children's Nickelodeon animated series from nearly 20 years ago. The original show was targeted for the network's main audience but has garnered a cult following among adults as well. It had underlining themes that dealt with, as co-creator Bryan Konietzko said, genocide, totalitarianism, systemic injustice, abuse, etc.

Personally, I give Nickelodeon credit for allowing such a well-made, almost a relatively sweeping epic, dealing with stuff children do not normally see like it, into its programming lineup. No one should get me wrong. It is a kids' show. It is also much more than that.

(Rambling) That is why I had much trepidation in M. Night Shyamalan directing a feature movie of the show. It expectedly bombed (and added to my dislike of the man's work since The Sixth Sense and Signs). The new attempt, in series form, is a much MUCH better animation-to-live action translation. I am four episodes in and it is getting better as it goes along. I found a good but fair review of the new series (link):

3 1/2 of 5 stars
Based on the acclaimed animated Nickelodeon television series, Avatar: The Last Airbender is an action-adventure fantasy series developed by Albert Kim. The series follows Aang, a young man training to harness the four elements to live up to the title of Avatar - the one who will restore balance to the world.​
Pros
Cons

Heavy exposition is unfortunately true. Fans of the original show will have zero problem with picking up the backstory. We already know it. Then again, I hope old fans will be patient with any new fans this show may attract because the original series took its time explaining the backstory over a number of episodes during its first season.
Just started watching this, and never saw any of the shows or movies before.

What's with the flying beaver/bison/tardigrade things? Is this The Last Neverending Airbender?

dsturgeon

Reaction score

1pJA5yx.png

3 1/2 of 5 stars
Pros
Cons

netflix is doing good stuff

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just started watching this, and never saw any of the shows or movies before.

What's with the flying beaver/bison/tardigrade things? Is this The Last Neverending Airbender?
Too many legs huh? lol. A TikTok reviewer, who says she is a huge fan of the original series, made the same Neverending analogy. Here is a comparison of the animated and live action CGI versions:

MixCollage-20-Feb-2024-12-22-AM-266.jpg

Personally, I think they did a good transition job. It is likely me but I do not get the Neverending comparison. Does not look the same to me.

Bison is right. Just think of them as beef with two extra legs :muttley: Sky bison were the original air benders, who the monks learned their abilities from. Earth benders had a similar origin. The water bending origin will be explained in the last two episodes. At some point, they will also explain the original fire benders. That backstory did not happen until the third season of the first series (I think) but audiences may not wait as long to find out in this show/perhaps next season. .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
netflix is doing good stuff
The Legend of Korra was a very good sequel. M. Night Shyamalan's movie adaptation was pure trash. He had even dialogue intentionally mispronounced the main character's name. The show has a worldwide following and the guy wanted the character's name said 'phonetically correct'. He ended up pissing off fans of the show from the jump. :rolleyes:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Too many legs huh? lol. A TikTok reviewer, who says she is a huge fan of the original series, made the same Neverending analogy. Here is a comparison of the animated and live action CGI versions:

MixCollage-20-Feb-2024-12-22-AM-266.jpg

Personally, I think they did a good transition job. It is likely me but I do not get the Neverending comparison. Does not look the same to me.

Bison is right. Just think of them as beef with two extra legs :muttley: Sky bison were the original air benders, who the monks learned their abilities from. Earth benders had a similar origin. The water bending origin will be explained in the last two episodes. At some point, they will also explain the original fire benders. That backstory did not happen until the third season of the first series (I think) but audiences may not wait as long to find out in this show/perhaps next season. .
In the animated series, did the fire benders ever do the space shuttle flying move they used to fly? I don't remember seeing that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the animated series, did the fire benders ever do the space shuttle flying move they used to fly? I don't remember seeing that.
Yes. I recall the White Lotus fire master flying during the Battle of Bah Sing Say (sp?). Also The Fire lord flew extensively during the Sozin Comet climax episode. I am trying to remember if Zuko did any flying but it is not coming to me immediately.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yes. I recall the White Lotus fire master flying during the Battle of Bah Sing Say (sp?). Also The Fire lord flew extensively during the Sozin Comet climax episode. I am trying to remember if Zuko did any flying but it is not coming to me immediately.
I liked the fire nation conquest in this. The battles and cgi are good

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just got done with Formula 1: Drive to Survive season 06 on Netflix. I don't know if anybody else watches this series, but it was another great season.