***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
RIP Richard Lewis. I'm watching Curb and I knew he was dying last couple of seasons but he said he wanted to be on the show a few more times. Him and Larry David were born only 3 days apart in the same hospital lol. Imagine them as babies yapping at each other a legend

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was better than I expected. Was it perfect? No. Was the CGI exceptional? At times yes, at times not so much. But the story is good, the acting is good, the sets are very good. The last episode borders on "epic", for a series like this.

Overall, I give it a 7.5/10.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last episode borders on "epic", for a series like this.
If you think this season's finale is almost epic, just wait. The show has followed the original series closely. The third season's final episode will be way much better than this one if they keep doing what they have done thus far.

Creeper

Reaction score
"House of Ninjas" on Netflix. Meh. I think this show might appeal more to Japanese 12-13 year old kids. It is a light hearted view of a family of shinobis, or ninjas. Nothing exceptional about the plot. It is pretty much what you would expect from a Japanese show of this type. I was a little surprised by the last episode. I expect something else. The surprise is it sets up for another season. I just don't know that this series is good enough to warrant another season. But again, it might be more popular in Japan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"House of Ninjas" on Netflix. Meh. I think this show might appeal more to Japanese 12-13 year old kids. It is a light hearted view of a family of shinobis, or ninjas. Nothing exceptional about the plot. It is pretty much what you would expect from a Japanese show of this type. I was a little surprised by the last episode. I expect something else. The surprise is it sets up for another season. I just don't know that this series is good enough to warrant another season. But again, it might be more popular in Japan.
I started to watch it, but changed it within one minute. I don't even remember why, just that it didn't interest me at all.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started to watch it, but changed it within one minute. I don't even remember why, just that it didn't interest me at all.
Agreed.
I watched the first episode and it just did not do it for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spaceman on Netflix

Adam Sandler in it but not an adam sandler comedy by any stretch.

Series syfi drama movie.

Slow and weird. One of those movies I thought was so so but also would not bother watching again.
Nothing to do with Sandler. Just a little slow and the subject matter.

Special effects were good in it. Not a spoiler as the trailer and plot of the story states there is an alien.
The alien creeped me out.

Also found it odd that Adams character was Czech and the space vessel and program was Czech. Just found that odd even if it was in the book, that they would not change it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Spaceman on Netflix

Series syfi drama movie.

Slow and weird. One of those movies I thought was so so but also would not bother watching again.

Special effects were good in it. Not a spoiler as the trailer and plot of the story states there is an alien.

Also found it odd that Adams character was Czech and the space vessel and program was Czech. Just found that odd even if it was in the book, that they would not change it.
I am going to pass. Sandler is just so tedious to me. He is hard to watch.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just finished the 1st season of "The Tourist". It is an Australian series set somewhere out in the middle of the Australian deadlands I think. It has a "Fargo" vibe to it, I think. It is not terrible. I found it somewhat entertaining. I will watch season 2.

I started watching "Wrong Side of the Tracks" on Netflix. It is a Spanish series. It's okay. As I watched the first season I kept thinking if this series was made in America it would be a lot different. I don't want to get into it but let's just say their are cultural differences about how we view violence here vs what it appears the Spanish standard is. In any case, it is about an old guy who has a hardware store in a neighborhood that has been taken over by drug dealers and punks. He wants to get rid of it and when his grand daughter gets mixed up on some stuff he winds up taking actions - a little. Like I said, if it was made in the US, he would be donning a flak jacket, AR-15 and hand grenades and blowing up stuff just for the visuals. The plot has been recycled a million times already in every country and language but it's okay. Maybe a 4.5 or 5 out of 10. It is slightly better than re-runs of Modern Marvels.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just finished the 1st season of "The Tourist". It is an Australian series set somewhere out in the middle of the Australian deadlands I think. It has a "Fargo" vibe to it, I think. It is not terrible. I found it somewhat entertaining. I will watch season 2.

I started watching "Wrong Side of the Tracks" on Netflix. It is a Spanish series. It's okay. As I watched the first season I kept thinking if this series was made in America it would be a lot different. I don't want to get into it but let's just say their are cultural differences about how we view violence here vs what it appears the Spanish standard is. In any case, it is about an old guy who has a hardware store in a neighborhood that has been taken over by drug dealers and punks. He wants to get rid of it and when his grand daughter gets mixed up on some stuff he winds up taking actions - a little. Like I said, if it was made in the US, he would be donning a flak jacket, AR-15 and hand grenades and blowing up stuff just for the visuals. The plot has been recycled a million times already in every country and language but it's okay. Maybe a 4.5 or 5 out of 10. It is slightly better than re-runs of Modern Marvels.
I enjoyed the first season. Will have to watch the second one.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Masters of the Air on Apple TV.

Hanks and Spielberg backed series. WWII Bomber pilots series.

Think of a cross between Memphis Belle and Band of Brothers.

However it is not as good as either of those.

Still a good show to watch if you like WWII movies/series.

This is the second series they have made after Band of Brothers.

Pacific and now Masters of Air.

Neither have been as good and part of that is that Band Of Brothers really managed for you
to invest in the characters and like them. Did a good job of that. Pacific was full of action and depictions of war but you did not seem as invested in the characters IMO. Masters of the Air seems to be better in that department but not as good as Band of Brothers.

I will say this series has something that neither of those really went into. This series does touch on GIs being POWs.

Series is 9 episodes total but only 7 are available to view so to more to go.

If the WWII and Bomber subject matter interests you I would give this a go. Although I talk about how this is not as good as the others...it still is a good show and worth the watch.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Spaceman on Netflix

Series syfi drama movie.

I see on the preview it's pretty much a spider. I HATE spiders. Could be a tough one for me, lol, though I am intrigued.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Wow Shogun has really blown me away. Epic first two episodes.

Avatar was decent for what it was. Some of the dialogue and acting was a bit rough but for being a show based on the material I thought it was OK.

Also watching the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I think it's been absolutely hilarious, as always. Gonna miss Larry and the clan, especially Leon lol.

Still have The Walking Dead and Constellation on Apple + to catch up on tonight. Some truly great TV lately.
I saw two episodes too, really enjoyed it. Sort of what I thought I was getting with the Last Samurai movie.

finally got around to watching Monarch. Only seen the first episode but that was good. I liked it better than the movies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Spaceman - Alright, I muscled my way through this movie. It was creepy/tough to watch, but I did it. It was definitely slower than I anticipated, but I didn't necessarily dislike it. It was just different. I thought Sandler did a great job. He can definitely hang in roles outside of comedy.

I do have lots of questions though:

Why did they send him out into space on a long journey alone?
How in the world did he stay so calm? Believe me, if I saw a big spider in my ship, I'm out through the nearest port hole. Spacesuit or not.
Why didn't he ask lots of questions? Where did the spider come from (galaxy, solar system, planet)? How did he get there? How did he get into the ship? Where are the others? Is there a ship? Does he just "swim" through space? How does his species traverse large distances though space? What things about the universe does he know that he can share? Are there other intelligent species out there? How long has he been studying humans? Does he know we kill spiders on Earth? I would have been rolling the creature with questions.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Finished Monarch on Apple TV. Enjoyed it but I’m not sure they have much to work with for season two. It would be too much of a spoiler to explain why.

Sort of reminded me of Lost, especially with the history and monster experiments. A Lost with an actual story. Definitely makes me want to watch the movies again, because there is a lot of tie-in, although I thought they did it smoothly.

That was awesome to see Kurt Russell back in something. Hilarious how in his 70s dude still has the same wavy set of hair he did as a younger star.

I definitely enjoyed the flashback sequences better than the current stories with their grandkids.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As others have stated. The new True Detective: Night Country has been pretty good so far.

I think some of the supernatural stuff will be explained away with the micro organisms making the group go crazy and the leader being a manson type cult leader. I think a little of the supernatural stuff will remain with the one older lady who actually sees dead people and the one cops sister having the same type of thing.

I will say I hope they slow down with the old people making whoopie scenes as they are a tad disturbing lol.
Yea, it was pretty cringe seeing Foster do that knowing she is gay and old :muttley:

I also never envisioned her doing a scene like that…..ever!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched a documentary some time back on netflix called Hell Camp about out of control teens sent to therapy camps.

Netflix recently added another three part series called The Program that covered the same topic.

Both are pretty interesting and frankly very disturbing in some areas.

Some of the stuff they put these kids through was flat out abuse, physical, mental and some sexual. Just terrible and some of these same types of camps/schools still exist.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So guys, about Yellowstone, is it worth getting Paramount+ for? I just watched the first 90min episode and I kinda liked it. I really like Sheridan movies such as Hell or high water or Wind River. So it kinda resonated with me.

But I really don't wanna watch something like Dallas for 5 seasons. Soap opera n all.

So is it more like Wind River or does the emotional drama take over at some point? As there is nothing else on P+ I'd like as far as I have seen, I'd only get it for Yellowstone.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So guys, about Yellowstone, is it worth getting Paramount+ for? I just watched the first 90min episode and I kinda liked it. I really like Sheridan movies such as Hell or high water or Wind River. So it kinda resonated with me.

But I really don't wanna watch something like Dallas for 5 seasons. Soap opera n all.

So is it more like Wind River or does the emotional drama take over at some point? As there is nothing else on P+ I'd like as far as I have seen, I'd only get it for Yellowstone.
I really enjoyed Yellowstone. If you like that kind of Cowboy premise, like what you saw in the first episode, you will definitely enjoy the rest.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It’s well worth it. Tulsa King is there too, another good one.