***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So guys, about Yellowstone, is it worth getting Paramount+ for? I just watched the first 90min episode and I kinda liked it. I really like Sheridan movies such as Hell or high water or Wind River. So it kinda resonated with me.

But I really don't wanna watch something like Dallas for 5 seasons. Soap opera n all.

So is it more like Wind River or does the emotional drama take over at some point? As there is nothing else on P+ I'd like as far as I have seen, I'd only get it for Yellowstone.
Is Yellowstone on Paramount+ now?

At one time it was not which was weird because the two prequel mini series he did was on Paramount+

Speaking of which...if you like westerns watch his mini series 1883 which was kind of like a modern rougher version of Wagon Train series. VERY good IMO.

Next was 1923 I never got around to watching since I normally rotate services. But it looked pretty good...both were shows about the ancestors of the Yellowstone family.

Heard Tulsa King with Sly Stone was good as well but have not watched.

If you like Westerns....Lawman Bass Reeves is really good.

Also Sheridan has a newer show that is coming out called Landman with Billy Bob Thornton and yet another possible Yellowstone spin off with that family and Matthew McCounahaugh *sp?

So seems like they have added and will add quite a bit. I will probably get paramount again soon.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

At one time it was not which was weird because the two prequel mini series he did was on Paramount+

Speaking of which...if you like westerns watch his mini series 1883 which was kind of like a modern rougher version of Wagon Train series. VERY good IMO.

Next was 1923 I never got around to watching since I normally rotate services. But it looked pretty good...both were shows about the ancestors of the Yellowstone family.

Also Sheridan has a newer show that is coming out called Landman with Billy Bob Thornton and yet another possible Yellowstone spin off with that family and Matthew McCounahaugh *sp?

So seems like they have added and will add quite a bit. I will probably get paramount again soon.
1883 was spectacular! That young lady was absolutely amazing, and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were both really good too.

I was very disappointed that it was only one season. I think 1923 is going to have at least a Season 2, isn't it?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1883 was spectacular! That young lady was absolutely amazing, and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were both really good too.

I was very disappointed that it was only one season. I think 1923 is going to have at least a Season 2, isn't it?
I do not know about 1923 season two. Never got to watch the first one.

However he does have a few projects in the work so who knows.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, there should be a season two of 1923 (probably delayed because of writers strike). Some of it's a little soapy. Has two separate storylines because the younger son is in Africa as a big game hunter. He was in ww1 and didn't go home after because of what he went through. But it basically covers how he finds a wife and gets a letter that he didn't read until she does where he needs to go home. He still doesn't arrive at the end of the first season.

Creeper

Reaction score

I am watching the old Wagon Train series now. I also watch The Virginian, Laramie and The Rifleman which are run every weekday on STARZ or one of those channels. They are all a fun watch. Nothing like the violence and gore you see today, but every episode someone gets shot, usually one of the guest stars. LOL. Brings back a lot of memories and many times you see future stars like Robert Redford, Dennis Hopper, and Bruce Dern before they were really famous.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am watching the old Wagon Train series now. I also watch The Virginian, Laramie and The Rifleman which are run every weekday on STARZ or one of those channels. They are all a fun watch. Nothing like the violence and gore you see today, but every episode someone gets shot, usually one of the guest stars. LOL. Brings back a lot of memories and many times you see future stars like Robert Redford, Dennis Hopper, and Bruce Dern before they were really famous.
See a ton of young before they were famous stars on Gunsmoke.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Gentlemen series on Netflix.

If you have not seen the Guy Ritchie Movie The Gentlemen, you might want to watch that movie first.
Or
Maybe watch this series first and then watch the movie.

Either way the movie is really good and if you watch Guy Ritchie movies you get to see some familiar faces and you get used to his style.

Back to the series...

This one is pretty good. Guy Ritchie is involved and if you like his movies you should like this series.

The Description of the series...

Eddie Horniman inherits a large family estate in England and the title of Duke, initially unaware its home to a drug empire run by a syndicate that has no plans to vacate.

I binged about 5 episodes and would have watched more but it was pretty late and I was sleepy.
There are 8 total episodes.

Good acting, good direction.

The only thing I would say is a little bit too much is what a lot of shows do...there is always a new problem that pops up. Take care of one problem in an episode only for the next episode to give the characters a problem.
Sometimes Fixing one problem causes the next problem. Other times although related to the grand scheme they are not a result of fixing a prior problem.

Good mix of action, drama and comedy. Also a bit of a bonus that Vinnie Jones is in the movie. I always liked him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Gentlemen series on Netflix.

If you have not seen the Guy Ritchie Movie The Gentlemen, you might want to watch that movie first.
Or
Maybe watch this series first and then watch the movie.

Either way the movie is really good and if you watch Guy Ritchie movies you get to see some familiar faces and you get used to his style.

Back to the series...

This one is pretty good. Guy Ritchie is involved and if you like his movies you should like this series.

The Description of the series...

Eddie Horniman inherits a large family estate in England and the title of Duke, initially unaware its home to a drug empire run by a syndicate that has no plans to vacate.

I binged about 5 episodes and would have watched more but it was pretty late and I was sleepy.
There are 8 total episodes.

Good acting, good direction.

The only thing I would say is a little bit too much is what a lot of shows do...there is always a new problem that pops up. Take care of one problem in an episode only for the next episode to give the characters a problem.
Sometimes Fixing one problem causes the next problem. Other times although related to the grand scheme they are not a result of fixing a prior problem.

Good mix of action, drama and comedy. Also a bit of a bonus that Vinnie Jones is in the movie. I always liked him.
About 20 yrs ago, BMW commissioned a series of short films starring their cars. Each one featured a different car, very different stories, and each short film were done by a big name director, and big name stars. The series was called "The Hire" with Clive Owen playing the lead of the driver in each film, kinda where "The Transporter" movie franchise got their inspiration. Guy Ritchie directed one of them called "Star" and also starred his then wife, Madonna, it's pretty funny. Each was about 10 minutes and they were all pretty good, you can find them on YouTube.

"Beat The Devil" directed by Tony Scott is another of my fav ones and starred James Brown, Gary Oldham, Danny Trejo and Marilyn Manson along with Clive Owen. That cast alone makes it worth watching.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Tried to watch two historical fiction streamers on Apple TV and was disappointed, but an NFL documentary is making up for it.

Manhunt, Apple TV, story of Lincoln’s assassins and the aftermath. Made it about 15 minutes. The guy playing Abe Lincoln was a joke. Stupid voice, stupid beard. I’m guessing he has a small role for obvious reasons LOL but when you’ve seen Daniel Day Lewis in the role, it’s a letdown with any other actor, especially the amateur they picked. It has good reviews, maybe I was just in a mood, but didn’t see anything appealing about the show.

Napoleon. Apple TV. The reviews weren’t that great, but I’ve always liked Ridley Scott films, so gave it a chance. Really liked the beginning, had a strong start with the events of Revolutionary France, and I was starting to think that maybe the critics were too hard on it, but it went downhill pretty fast by the halfway point which is where I stopped watching. I don’t know much about the real history behind Napoleon, but Joaquin Phoenix did a good job in the beginning portraying him as a cautious, calculating general, and then suddenly he turns into some comical version that makes his portrayal of Comidus in Gladiator actually look like a grown mature man. The court politics are boring, and it doesn’t do a good job at all putting you into the shoes of France and why they viewed this man the way they did, enough so to crown him Emperor. Hard skip recommendation for this one.

Patriots, The Dynasty. Apple TV. This is The Last Dance version of the Patriots dynasty. I believe there are about 10 episodes and I’ve made it through two and enjoying it very much. One gripe is so far they’ve completely skipped Bill Parcells’s impact on turning that franchise around. They come at it from an angle of Bob Kraft and Drew Bledsoe turning the Pats from a laughingstock to a competitive team, and then take it away with Belichick and Brady. Bill Parcells built that defense with Belichick, we saw what he did with the Cowboys, and many of his former players were the ones who held the fort down while Brady got up to speed. One thing they do different than The Last Dance is besides the former personnel and local media, they involve a lot of fan takes including fans in Cleveland who tried to boot Belichick out of Cleveland after he cut Kosar. Makes it easy to understand how much pressure was on Belichick, Pioli and the former Cleveland staff that came with Belichick to Boston, because the Pats fans and media were acting the same way about him benching Bledsoe. But anyways, makes me a little sad watching some of the early Brady stuff because a lot of it reminded me of Dak Prescott as a rookie. What could have been…. Can’t wait to watch the Cowboys 1990s dynasty documentary whenever it comes out.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished the Master of Airs mini series on apple tv.

Mentioned it before. This is another joint venture with Hanks and Spielberg along the lines of Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Band of Brothers is by far the best of the three. But I would put Masters of Air next with the Pacific last.

I am curious if they would go on to do one with the Navy eventually. Band of Brothers was Army, The Pacific was Marines and Masters of Air was still the army but the army air corp which would eventually be the Air Force.

All during WWII.

So I think one with the Navy would be a nice edition as well. Although Tom Hanks did do the Army Saving Private Ryan movie and also did one where he was in the Navy with The Greyhound which was a good movie that I don't think got the number of viewers it deserved.

Love WWII stuff so this are very good to me.

I normally will watch the Band of Brothers series once a year.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New series on Netflix called Bandidos.
Foreign Series that is basically people searching for a lost mayan type treasure.

Netflix normally does pretty good with foreign films and dubbing them.
This one was not very good dubbing. The acting was terrible for the most part.

Was really looking forward to it but watched one episode and it was too Meh and
did not have any desire to watch any more of it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm really enjoying the new "Shogun". I watched the original series back in the day, but don't remember much about it.
I like the new one.
But I think the original one for the most part had better actors for the roles. I really do not like the actor playing Anjin on the new one.