***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am watching Wednesday on Netflix and I have to admit I am really enjoying it. I was an avid watcher of the original Addams family show. This new series brings back a lot of memories and smiles.

Jenna Ortega does a great job as Wednesday. The rest of the actors are pretty good too. At first I was put off by Luis Guzman as Gomez. After John Astin and Raul Julia in the first movie, I just could not econcile Luis Guzman as Gomez. But after a few episodes he is growing on me. He will never be as good as Astin or Julia, but he is not as disturbing to me now as I felt in the first episode.

I don't even care about the plot or where the story goes. I am just enjoying the many gags and one liners that bring out the macabre wit from the original show. Gomez Addams's many affectionate names for Wednesday, like "my little booby trap" and things like that are so enjoyable to hear. It is a kids show I think but really this show is enjoyable for any age, especially if you were a fan of the original TV show.
After watching it, I'm a huge fan of Jenna Ortega. I'm still not crazy about Guzman as Gomez, but technically, he's actually more like the cartoon character than the other two were. If you haven't gotten to the episode where Wednesday dances, you're gonna love it. I've watched it several times, just because it's so quirky.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished watching Kaleidoscope on netflix
It was ok as a limited series if you like shows or movies where they pull a heist job.
They tried to make it different by saying you would watch the series in any order. Not really sure why,

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Finished up the first season of Tulsa King. I enjoyed it. A little cheesy at times, but I find it entertaining.
I still have to watch the finale, but I agree with your take. I also feel like the showrunner doesn't totally know what he wants the vibe to be. Some comedic elements mixed in with some really dark stuff and they don't always flow together well. For those that don't know, it's the guy who did Yellowstone and the spinoffs. I've always appreciated Stallone so that's a bonus for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Harbinber Down

While studying the effects of global warming on a pod of whales, graduate students on the ship Harbinger uncover a frozen Soviet space shuttle. After 30 years of thawing from the ice, a once trapped monstrous organism is unleashed on the students.

Lower budget movie. Some acting is bad, other is so so,
Creature(s) are not bad for non cgi and a lower budget,

Movie is basically The Thing but on a crabbing ship

It is not as good as The thing obviously however i thought i was going to be much worse.

Currently free on the amazon FreeVee app or if on PC you can goto amazon and search freevee

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching it, I'm a huge fan of Jenna Ortega. I'm still not crazy about Guzman as Gomez, but technically, he's actually more like the cartoon character than the other two were. If you haven't gotten to the episode where Wednesday dances, you're gonna love it. I've watched it several times, just because it's so quirky.
I am very interested in seeing where her acting career takes her. I cannot articulate all of her intangibles but she seems to me like she has 'it.' It would not surprise me if she has an untapped acting range to succeed in a number of genres.

Right now, I think the only thing that might hold her back is her age and youthful appearance. She may get passed over for certain more mature roles she might audition for early on.

I can 'see' her career tracking like a Hilary Swank's. Or I could be seeing more than I should, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am very interested in seeing where her acting career takes her. I cannot articulate all of her intangibles but she seems to me like she has 'it.' It would not surprise me if she has an untapped acting range to succeed in a number of genres.

Right now, I think the only thing that might hold her back is her age and youthful appearance. She may get passed over for certain more mature roles she might audition for early on.

I can 'see' her career tracking like a Hilary Swank's. Or I could be seeing more than I should, lol.
I agree. IMO she's shown enough range just in this series to warrant high expectations. Also, when you consider the things she learned, just to play this role (fencing, cello, fight scenes) you can see how multitalented she is. If she doesn't become a household name, I'll be very surprised and disappointed. Then again, I expected a lot of Kirsten Dunst after Interview with the Vampire, and while she did become well known, she certainly didn't live up to my expectations.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wife and I are watching this Korean series called Ghost. It’s about a girl that was bullied as a kid (teenager) and spends her adult life plotting/exacting her revenge on her bullies. Kinda dark. We’ve been into it.
I thought about watching that one, but it sounded like she becomes a bad person and I wasn't interested in that type of protagonist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. IMO she's shown enough range just in this series to warrant high expectations. Also, when you consider the things she learned, just to play this role (fencing, cello, fight scenes) you can see how multitalented she is. If she doesn't become a household name, I'll be very surprised and disappointed. Then again, I expected a lot of Kirsten Dunst after Interview with the Vampire, and while she did become well known, she certainly didn't live up to my expectations.
It will not be social media's fault if she is not a household name already. From my observations alone, I have seen Ortego is all over YouTube and TikTok in the literal sense.

Dunst's career has been impressive in my opinion. She does gravitate primarily towards dramatic films that are more independent than mainstream fare though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just finished with Season 2 of Picard on Paramount+.

Ugh! It felt like work going back to finish it. I toughed it out strictly due to the time invested.

What an utter mess, and an insult to the great Patrick Stewart to be saddled with something like this.

The storyline wasn’t nearly as cute as the writers seemed to think and it feels like after earlier success, they’ve become full of themselves.

And the supporting characters are just plain bad. Several I actually wished would have been killed off.

And I see why Brent Spiner doesn’t get work outside of Star Trek. Even when he’s not playing Data, he’s still robotic!

3 out of 10.

Bad.
:thumbdown:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just finished with Season 2 of Picard on Paramount+.

Ugh! It felt like work going back to finish it. I toughed it out strictly due to the time invested.

What an utter mess, and an insult to the great Patrick Stewart to be saddled with something like this.

The storyline wasn’t nearly as cute as the writers seemed to think and it feels like after earlier success, they’ve become full of themselves.

And the supporting characters are just plain bad. Several I actually wished would have been killed off.

And I see why Brent Spiner doesn’t get work outside of Star Trek. Even when he’s not playing Data, he’s still robotic!

3 out of 10.

Bad.
:thumbdown:
The third and final season debuts in a few weeks. :)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Anyone ever watched it? It is pirdy brutal . They take turns slapping the crap out of each other no defensive moves allowed they have to place their arms behind them with an arm wrestling looking table between them