***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disney Plus loses its magic touch as millions cancel their subscriptions

https://www.techradar.com/news/disn...-touch-as-millions-cancel-their-subscriptions
And here’s the reason why in my opinion:

“First, its library of content. It isn't a secret that Disney relies heavily on Marvel and Star Wars content to a) get bums on seats in theaters, and b) to tempt people to sign up to its main streaming platform.

However, the franchises have been conspicuous by their absence from Disney Plus in recent months.”

I think scheduling is vital for Disney+. These franchises are the lifeblood of their streaming service and they need to make every possible effort to have new episodes coming throughout the year. Gaps should at most be limited to a week or two, not months.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

“First, its library of content. It isn't a secret that Disney relies heavily on Marvel and Star Wars content to a) get bums on seats in theaters, and b) to tempt people to sign up to its main streaming platform.

However, the franchises have been conspicuous by their absence from Disney Plus in recent months.”

I think scheduling is vital for Disney+. These franchises are the lifeblood of their streaming service and they need to make every possible effort to have new episodes coming throughout the year. Gaps should at most be limited to a week or two, not months.
I agree that is valid major reason but I also think an equally supportable cause is Disney's huge deficit of non-English media offerings that the article touches on. Other major streamers like Netflix, Prime Video, etc., devote sizeable percentages of their libraries to non-English series and films.

Hulu falls under Disney's corporate umbrella. In my opinion, Disney's subscriber exodus would have been markedly more during the quarter if they did not have Hulu. Disney is a worldwide conglomerate. It should have never expected the majority of its potential streaming subscribers to keep paying for content not marketed to them.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Some of their content has been anti traditional family values.
Don't think that's gone over real well.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only two pay services I keep all of the time is Netflix and ad free youtube.

For the others I alternate every month or two between hbo/max, disney, hulu, paramount and peacock.

Paramount and peacock tend to be cheaper so I will use more than the other two.

Reason being is those last four tend to not have as much newer content. At least paramount has the star trek stuff that I will go back and watch on occasion but they do not add too many new movies at a time.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those that like true crime stuff.
Netflix currently has a movie based on true events and a documentary about the same subject that is more accurate than the movie.

The Good Nurse An infamous caregiver is implicated in the deaths of hundreds of hospital patients.

What is really astounding about watching the movie and the documentary is the lack of responsibility dealt to the hospitals that knew what was going on but basically covered it up to keep from scandals and law suits

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Invitation. Currently on Netflix.

I almost did not watch this one as I thought it was another movie I has already seen with the same title

There was one movie with the same title that was about a guy getting an invitation to a dinner party from his ex wife. Meh, some liked it but I did not care for this one.

The current one is about a young lady who gets a free chance to send in a DNA sample to one of those family tree type sites. Next thing she knows she is contacted by someone from england that is her cousin. He meets her and offers to fly her over to meet more of the family. Turns out the it is at a huge mansion and it turns into a gothic tale.
It is not bad and I like some of the subtle hints here and there.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally watched netflix series The Watcher.
Overall I liked it.
However when a show leaves on an open end...sometimes I like it and sometimes I do not. For this one I did not like it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go movie mining on Amazon because they have some real gems but you have to drill down in a category and sometimes select a movie you like and them go to the "More Like This" section.

Last night did a rewatch on "Takers", which reminds me of Heat with the action and "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" and recommend both if you haven't seen them.

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched a couple of movies with Mila Kunis

One from 2008 called Bootcamp currently on tubi or freevee
Parents have their troubled teens sent to a boot camp aka re-education type camp to make them better.
This one is set in a remote island in the Fiji islands. Kind of interesting and loosely based on true stories of teens being sent to this types of camps against their will.

Luckiest Girl Alive 2022 netflix

A woman in New York, who seems to have things under control, is faced with a past trauma that makes her life unravel.
More of a lifetime movie. Also not for young eyes, although no nudity there are adult themes and scenes/scenarios that are difficult to watch

Creeper

Reaction score
Finally watched netflix series The Watcher.
Overall I liked it.
However when a show leaves on an open end...sometimes I like it and sometimes I do not. For this one I did not like it.
It is a true story that was never solved. I think that's why they left it open. I, like you, hate when they do not give closure at the end of shows or movies.

I thought they made the main characters too stupid and overreactive. Still, because it is based on a true story, it is a really interesting show to watch.

visionary

Reaction score
The Law According to Lidia Poet
Netflix, 6 episode short series
7.5/10
Hot babe helps
Good story around a woman trying to become the first female lawyer in old Italy.
Keeps your interest

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone watched Cunk on Earth on Netflix yet?

I’ve watched a few episodes and have to say I appreciate a lot of its’ humor. Not all of it, but I think when it hits, it hits!

:laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
Has anyone watched Cunk on Earth on Netflix yet?

I’ve watched a few episodes and have to say I appreciate a lot of its’ humor. Not all of it, but I think when it hits, it hits!

:laugh:

CC mentions it earlier in the thread. She's hilarious with some of the things she comes up with!