***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score
I never cared for it, because it was yet another one of those, "The husband is an idiot, and the wife is always perfect, and reluctantly bails him out all the time." sitcoms.
Yeah, it's that too, but they things they do to each other, aside from the comedy element, are pretty horrible. It was funny at first. But the dumb husband smart wife thing dates back to the Honeymooners and even before that. I love Lucy was one of the only shows where the husband was the smart guy and the wife the airhead. But there was also Father Knows Best, Leave It To Beaver and shows like that where the dad was in charge.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, it's that too, but they things they do to each other, aside from the comedy element, are pretty horrible. It was funny at first. But the dumb husband smart wife thing dates back to the Honeymooners and even before that. I love Lucy was one of the only shows where the husband was the smart guy and the wife the airhead. But there was also Father Knows Best, Leave It To Beaver and shows like that where the dad was in charge.
Agreed, but I think I Love Lucy was the first airhead wife show. She was great at physical comedy, so I imagine it was her idea to begin with. I could be wrong.

I Dream of Jeannie was another ditzy female one, but it was less about her always being the wrong one, same with Bewitched.

The overbearing, always right wife trope is tired.

I confess, I didn't watch enough of King of Queens to remember the mutual "abuse"(?) you're talking about.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I’m late to finish this one, but I’m wondering if anyone else has watched The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live?

I watched the final episode last night and I’m still stunned at the show’s pacing. I’ve never seen anything like it.
Like good or bad stunned?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d say bad stunned.

It was like they decompressed everything else and then jammed the ending into a 5-minute sequence.

It was jarring.
:omg:
If this was the Rick and Michonne sp? one....it was terrible.
I could only take so much of the debate between the two about whether they were going to stay or go.
The season was short but that crap got old real fast.

Frankly I do not know why they even bothered making the season/season at all. Seemed like a total waste.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this was the Rick and Michonne sp? one....it was terrible.
I could only take so much of the debate between the two about whether they were going to stay or go.
The season was short but that crap got old real fast.

Frankly I do not know why they even bothered making the season/season at all. Seemed like a total waste.
$$$$$$$

Take note that both lead actors were listed as ‘Executive Producers’ meaning they’re also getting paid outside of their acting jobs.

From what I’ve read, these were the three ‘Rick movies’ that they claimed they were going to make years ago.

I never thought that they would ever see theaters, and they didn’t. If this was what they had in mind, I’m glad.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I’m late to finish this one, but I’m wondering if anyone else has watched The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live?

I watched the final episode last night and I’m still stunned at the show’s pacing. I’ve never seen anything like it.
I didn't care for this one or the Daryl one. I did like the one with Maggie and Negan though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm so out of touch with the TWD universe apparently. I had no idea there were all these spin-offs.

I had to look up Dead City. Hadn't even heard of it. Intriguing though, as I became a huge Negan fan by the end of the original TWD. I've never had a show get me to dislike a character so much, but by the end of it, he was one of my favorite characters and I was pulling for him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Been trying to get through the second season of Blood of Zeus. To put it plainly, it’s been a boring slog. The first season was much more engaging IMO.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am into the 4th season of "Black Sails" and I hit a mental impasse in episode 3. It took me a while to get into the entire thing because pirates really never interested me much, but I've been to Nassau twice so I stuck it out. Of course the writers are somewhat constrained by actual history and since they decided to base this on an actual place and some real people (even though they make up almost everything else) they really are stuck with an outcome because it is in the history books. That doesn't t mean the individual episodes have to be stupid, does it?

In season 4 Blackbeard and his Spanish Man-of-War chase down a British sloop they believe is carrying the Governor of Nassau, the guy who engineered the takeover of Nassau and booted out all the pirates to restore law and order. He already outsmarted the pirates when they launch an all out attack on Nassau with a fleet of 5 gun ships. It was a disaster for the pirates but the Man-of-War got away with Blackbeard at the helm.

So when Blackbeard chases down the governor's ship he chooses to fire a few volleys and then board the smaller boat, and of course the Governor has other plans. He has the lower deck full of mean, well-trained and experienced fighters. Of course the overtake the pirates who boarded in a short but bloody battle. The Governor them orders his men to drag Blackbeard under the ship where the barnacles and crud tear his body to shreds. But here is where they lost me.

Why not just use the superior weaponry on the Man-of-War to blow the Governor's ship to pieces killing the Governor and everyone else on board? With the Governor dead, the battle for Nassau is a cake walk. Pirates win in a shutout.

But okay, Blackbeard wanted revenge against the Governor so he chose to board the sloop and perhaps capture the Governor for some reason. But why then did Captain Jack raise the white flag of surrender so easily? With the guns he had available to him all he had to do is tell the Governor to release the pirates he captured, including Black beard or he fires his cannons and blows the Governor and his crew to bits. Are we supposed to believe Jack surrendered the entire pirate ship and crew just to save Ann? And even if he tried, would the crew of pirates on board gone along with that plan? It was a total mismatch, the Man-of-War against the British sloop. It was a dumb way to make this situation up. And what made it worse is no one questioned Jack's decision to surrender!

One other thought, before the launch their longboats to board the sloop, a pirate asks Jack who is not on the boarding party should they reload their guns. Jack say no. What? At least load one deck and be ready to fire if the sloop starts to fire! What kind of nonsense was that?

I get that they had to do away with Blackbeard and his ship because, you know, history and all that. If the pirates blow up the Governor and Nassau falls back to the pirates, it conflicts with history. So don't write such a stupid episode as the this one.

I may change my mind, but I find the series interesting overall. It just takes a few minutes to get over the fact that everyone is a bad guy regardless of what side they are on. Some manage to change sides a few times.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am into the 4th season of "Black Sails" and I hit a mental impasse in episode 3. It took me a while to get into the entire thing because pirates really never interested me much, but I've been to Nassau twice so I stuck it out. Of course the writers are somewhat constrained by actual history and since they decided to base this on an actual place and some real people (even though they make up almost everything else) they really are stuck with an outcome because it is in the history books. That doesn't t mean the individual episodes have to be stupid, does it?

In season 4 Blackbeard and his Spanish Man-of-War chase down a British sloop they believe is carrying the Governor of Nassau, the guy who engineered the takeover of Nassau and booted out all the pirates to restore law and order. He already outsmarted the pirates when they launch an all out attack on Nassau with a fleet of 5 gun ships. It was a disaster for the pirates but the Man-of-War got away with Blackbeard at the helm.

So when Blackbeard chases down the governor's ship he chooses to fire a few volleys and then board the smaller boat, and of course the Governor has other plans. He has the lower deck full of mean, well-trained and experienced fighters. Of course the overtake the pirates who boarded in a short but bloody battle. The Governor them orders his men to drag Blackbeard under the ship where the barnacles and crud tear his body to shreds. But here is where they lost me.

Why not just use the superior weaponry on the Man-of-War to blow the Governor's ship to pieces killing the Governor and everyone else on board? With the Governor dead, the battle for Nassau is a cake walk. Pirates win in a shutout.

But okay, Blackbeard wanted revenge against the Governor so he chose to board the sloop and perhaps capture the Governor for some reason. But why then did Captain Jack raise the white flag of surrender so easily? With the guns he had available to him all he had to do is tell the Governor to release the pirates he captured, including Black beard or he fires his cannons and blows the Governor and his crew to bits. Are we supposed to believe Jack surrendered the entire pirate ship and crew just to save Ann? And even if he tried, would the crew of pirates on board gone along with that plan? It was a total mismatch, the Man-of-War against the British sloop. It was a dumb way to make this situation up. And what made it worse is no one questioned Jack's decision to surrender!

One other thought, before the launch their longboats to board the sloop, a pirate asks Jack who is not on the boarding party should they reload their guns. Jack say no. What? At least load one deck and be ready to fire if the sloop starts to fire! What kind of nonsense was that?

I get that they had to do away with Blackbeard and his ship because, you know, history and all that. If the pirates blow up the Governor and Nassau falls back to the pirates, it conflicts with history. So don't write such a stupid episode as the this one.

I may change my mind, but I find the series interesting overall. It just takes a few minutes to get over the fact that everyone is a bad guy regardless of what side they are on. Some manage to change sides a few times.
The first couple of seasons were pretty good but it went down hill after that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If you didn't know, when they dragged him under the boat, that's where the word "keelhauling" comes from.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, I was starting to think Jessica Alba retired! I hope this isn't another ridiculous girl boss movie. Looks like the potential is there.
Not sure if it is the exact same thing but I thinking this might be a 'girl power' movie while watching the trailer. I immediately added it to my Netflix watchlist. :muttley:

Creeper

Reaction score
I started watching "Bridgerton" on Netflix last night. Everyone is talking about it so I thought I'd give it a try. I like period pieces like this that show something about society of a particular time. I thought Bridgerton would be something like Downton Abbey, which I really liked. Nope. First, the simplicity and purity of DA is what made is so wonderful to watch. The layers of society were apparent throughout the show, but honor and integrity were a constant despite the class you belonged. It captured the culture in detail and accurately. In fact, this is what made Downton Abbey to attractive to watch. There were the high brow classes and those that served them - and understood that was their role in society. The characters were real and you felt an authenticity as the stories were told.

One episode into Bridgerton and I realize it is nothing like Downton Abbey. It is not a true period story because its portrayal of British society in 1813 is inaccurate. Given what I have seen I am assuming this series is really just a supercilious Netlfix soap opera with a 19th century backdrop. There was a lot going on in 1813 in England from a historical perspective. I get the feeling Bridgerton is not going to address any of it in a serious manner. Too bad. Real history is interesting. Fantasy history is monotonous.