***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the 7th episode of What If...? and it was fun with some decent action...
But it's main purpose was the ending, to tease why the variants band together...
hIvYAsb.gif
:dance:
It was a great ending and pretty good episode but my favorite to-date is still episode four, What If... Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands? I have come very much to love Kat Dennings in anything she does in the MCU.
The episode had a number of good lines like Loki telling Thor, "You're like my brother from another mother." Too funny but my favorite exchange was between Howard The Duck and Darcy.

Howard the Duck: "Well look who decided to finally waddle back!"
Darcy: "Not now Howard!"

My sense of humor is warped. :laugh:Worse. Kat Dennings actually got me to enjoy a Howard the Duck cameo (and I do not care for Howard the Duck).

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on Ken Burns Ali. Didn't realize he had made that. I'll be watching that soon! Civil War is of course his classic, but I think my favorite is his History of Jazz.

Speaking of Ali and streaming, if you haven't seen "One Night in Miami" on Amazon Prime, you're missing out! Great freaking movie!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was BY FAR my favorite episode of the series so far.

I was once again impressed by how many of the original actors they were able to get back to do voice work. Brie Larson was the only notable exception for me.
And this episode wasn't dark and dour like so many of the others, I appreciated the lighter tone.

As for that last sequence, that's an interesting theory which did not occur to me. I just took it as a kind of a one-off joke to darken what was otherwise a fun episode essentially poking fun at themselves. It never occurred to me that it might lead to a bigger picture connection between the episodes. It will be interesting to see if that comes to pass.

But I was very down on this series and this latest episode will keep me watching at least another week. I consider that a win.
Missing cast caught my attention also. Tadanobu Asano (Hogun) and Ray Stevenson (Volstagg) were also no shows. Josh Dallas and Zachary Levi have both played the role of Fandral but neither did voicework for the episode.

All of them are still working. For example, Asano played Lord Raiden in the recent Mortal Kombat remake, Dallas is on NBC's Manifest and Levi completed his work in the Shazam! :rolleyes: sequel. Voicework is involved but can be easily be done while an actor is doing other projects.

Besides Larson, the other big no show for me was Rene Russo voicing Frigga. The actress who did the character's voice in the episode stood out even more weird than Danvers' actress in my opinion.

Curiosity got me to check Russo's IMDB page. She has not made any appearances as herself since a 2018 documentary. And her last film was Avengers: Endgame.

Russo is only 67. I could not even google any recent news about her. I hope she is doing alright.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is Doom Patrol any good?
I love it. The series is quirky weird, which is the same formula DC used while rebooting the comic title.

One word of caution. Brendan Fraser plays the role of Robotman. Cursing makes up 75%-80% of his character's dialogue.

Fraser lays in on so thick that it has often gotten on my nerves during the first two seasons. Season three may be a little different for his character since AT&T/WarnerMedia integrated the DC Universe streaming service into HBO Max as a hub. I noticed Titans has not been quite as "edgy" for its third season as it was during its first two seasons. Doom Patrol (and Robotman) may be toned down a touch during this new season also. I have not started watching it yet though.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
This was BY FAR my favorite episode of the series so far.

I was once again impressed by how many of the original actors they were able to get back to do voice work. Brie Larson was the only notable exception for me.
And this episode wasn't dark and dour like so many of the others, I appreciated the lighter tone.

As for that last sequence, that's an interesting theory which did not occur to me. I just took it as a kind of a one-off joke to darken what was otherwise a fun episode essentially poking fun at themselves. It never occurred to me that it might lead to a bigger picture connection between the episodes. It will be interesting to see if that comes to pass.

But I was very down on this series and this latest episode will keep me watching at least another week. I consider that a win.
It was a great ending and pretty good episode but my favorite to-date is still episode four, What If... Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands? I have come very much to love Kat Dennings in anything she does in the MCU.
The episode had a number of good lines like Loki telling Thor, "You're like my brother from another mother." Too funny but my favorite exchange was between Howard The Duck and Darcy.

Howard the Duck: "Well look who decided to finally waddle back!"
Darcy: "Not now Howard!"

My sense of humor is warped. :laugh:Worse. Kat Dennings actually got me to enjoy a Howard the Duck cameo (and I do not care for Howard the Duck).
Although unnecessary and unrealistic, I appreciated the labels on the countries.
875Pndd.gif
lL9thg9.gif
:thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Although unnecessary and unrealistic, I appreciated the labels on the countries.
875Pndd.gif
lL9thg9.gif
:thumbup:
I think you'd be very surprised at just how necessary it is. Sadly, there are a lot of people who have no geographical knowledge whatsoever.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Kate on Netflix. Predictable, but still entertaining, and very well acted. Basically, a female John Wicked, but less over the top.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love it. The series is quirky weird, which is the same formula DC used while rebooting the comic title.

One word of caution. Brendan Fraser plays the role of Robotman. Cursing makes up 75%-80% of his character's dialogue.

Fraser lays in on so thick that it has often gotten on my nerves during the first two seasons. Season three may be a little different for his character since AT&T/WarnerMedia integrated the DC Universe streaming service into HBO Max as a hub. I noticed Titans has not been quite as "edgy" for its third season as it was during its first two seasons. Doom Patrol (and Robotman) may be toned down a touch during this new season also. I have not started watching it yet though.
Update: Caught up on the three Season Three episodes released so far on HBO Max. The sheer amount of Fraser's cussing is still over the top as before. :rolleyes:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Lot of good content coming to Netflix this next month. I'm super stoked to see Seinfeld on there October 1st. Love that show. :D