Official Tony Romo thread

irving

Reaction score
Is this fantasy football? Dak's the quarterback, they lost and I'm sure this won't be the last time they lose a game with Dak at quarterback. Fact is the team has moved on with Dak, hopefully Romo will find a new team that is to his liking. Who cares what Romo could have done today, we have seen that movie for 10 years, and just how many championships did it get the team?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tony is better right now than Dak, and he should have been the starter once healthy. This team played a soft last place schedule, and it's a vastly more talented, deep, and healthy roster than the 2014 team that Romo took to the playoffs w/ a record of 12-4... Love Dak, but he's a rookie...

It's beyond stupid to suffer through Dak's growing pains with a team this good... Especially when you have a top 5 QB sitting on the bench, and you've already endured so many years of his growing pains... Who really thinks we lose AGAIN to the Packers if Romo had been the starting QB for the last 5-6 weeks? I don't... This was Romo's team... Tony has been too good for too long, eventually his gaudy stats and incredible late game heroics were going to manifest into real playoff success... It was only a matter of time, I feel like this could have still been that kind of career defining season for Romo and the other vets, but we bet on a rookie and it did not pay dividends...

Is it fair to lay this at the feet of Dak Prescott? Maybe not, but it never stopped Romo from getting most of the blame when he dragged FAR LESS talented teams into the playoffs only to make early exits... Still love both Romo and Dak though...
Any talk of what Tony could have done is silly, it is all in your head, speculation that cannot be proven.

Tony lost to a gimpy Rodgers in 2014, Dak loses to a hot Rodgers, in 2016.
Dak scored more points than tony did, and lost on last second fg.
not saying dak or tony is better , they are too different to compare.

Smart thing is to look at the common denominator in both losses.
That would be JG and the OC & DC .......HMMMM
2 good qb's with strong run game, and playing GB, and lose both times, I say it is a coaches problem not
the players.
Rodgers caught them with 12 on the field early, how does that happen?? was it players fault or coaches?
Butler in huddle, again was it players fault or coaches?
Not going on 4th and 1 and taking fg, playing for fg at end , not getting elliot enough touches, etc was it players fault or coaches?

I say it was a coaches loss, but that is just my opinion.

I always liked tony, and he did get a raw deal this year, and sadly that was just how things worked out.

But again JG and linehan wanted to go with dak, so again was it players fault or coaches?

Tony will go to another team, and maybe he can win a SB elsewhere, I actually think he would have a better chance
elsewhere, like in houston good defense and no JG lol.
If Witten is smart he will go with tony if he wants a ring.

Cowboys will be back in playoffs next year , but I doubt they get past div round.
JG needs about 6 more years to figure that out. then another 6 for the next step and so on.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Well, a lot of WEAK people sure do like to post about how Tony would have done better.

Seriously, if you like Tony Romo MORE than the Dallas Cowboys, I hope you go exchange your Cowboys gear for whatever team he picks. I'll be happy not to see your garbage posts ****ting up this board, social media anymore. BYE

Seems like some of have gotten your panties in a bunch. I think you're the one who should leave, along with the rest of the Dak riders who constantly cite the fact that Romo only has two playoff wins but now give Dak a free pass. Bunch of apologists who can't hack it when their player receives even the slightest bit of criticism but then turn around and throw around insults of Romo freely without realizing how hypocritical and pathetic they are being.

P.S. That interception was sweet. Remind me again of all the interceptions Romo threw in 2014? In much tougher conditions?

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, a lot of WEAK people sure do like to post about how Tony would have done better.

Seriously, if you like Tony Romo MORE than the Dallas Cowboys, I hope you go exchange your Cowboys gear for whatever team he picks. I'll be happy not to see your garbage posts ****ting up this board, social media anymore. BYE
I have no doubt some will leave and follow him........:dance:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
And this thread process exactly why this team is better off without Romo moving forward. Thank you Romo for some fun great years, but this fanbase alone is torn foolishly between the past and future.

Problem is now going forward without Romo, in all likelihood, is people who love Romo more than they do the team will be neggy nillies about Dak all the time. To those fans, yeah they are nothing more than bandwagon fans and probably should leave with him, but to the rest of us real fans - was a great year and only looks to be better as we move on from the past

haleyrules

Reaction score
Any talk of what Tony could have done is silly, it is all in your head, speculation that cannot be proven.

Smart thing is to look at the common denominator in both losses.
That would be JG and the OC & DC .......HMMMM
2 good qb's with strong run game, and playing GB, and lose both times, I say it is a coaches problem not
the players.
Rodgers caught them with 12 on the field early, how does that happen?? was it players fault or coaches?
Butler in huddle, again was it players fault or coaches?
Not going on 4th and 1 and taking fg, playing for fg at end , not getting elliot enough touches, etc was it players fault or coaches?

I say it was a coaches loss, but that is just my opinion.

I always liked tony, and he did get a raw deal this year, and sadly that was just how things worked out.

But again JG and linehan wanted to go with dak, so again was it players fault or coaches?

Tony will go to another team, and maybe he can win a SB elsewhere, I actually think he would have a better chance
elsewhere, like in houston good defense and no JG lol.
If Witten is smart he will go with tony if he wants a ring.

Cowboys will be back in playoffs next year , but I doubt they get past div round.
JG needs about 6 more years to figure that out. then another 6 for the next step and so on.
Garrett needs to go..no argument with that. He was never a qualified NFL caliber HC...just a man that ole Jerry felt he could control. I could live with him in some other player developmental or evaluation role...but not as the HC. No guts..No Glory. His faint heart lost the last game of the season and the idiotic thinking of resting healthy players caused the slow start in this playoff game. Garret, needs to go. He should have been scaked about 5 minutes after the 4-12 season!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Romo gets them into the end-zone on that final possession...and that is the difference between a win and a loss.

Ya but would he have been able to run into the end zone like Dak did? 24-38, 302 yards, 3 TDS and over a 100 passer rating is MONEY, especially for a rookie.... Romo is/was money too, but Dak kept us in this game and a lot of it had to to with his running ability........ 02

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Seems like some of have gotten your panties in a bunch. I think you're the one who should leave, along with the rest of the Dak riders who constantly cite the fact that Romo only has two playoff wins but now give Dak a free pass. Bunch of apologists who can't hack it when their player receives even the slightest bit of criticism but then turn around and throw around insults of Romo freely without realizing how hypocritical and pathetic they are being.

P.S. That interception was sweet. Remind me again of all the interceptions Romo threw in 2014? In much tougher conditions?
Threw more interceptions in big games than I can remember. Dak's a rookie. If this continues in year 3 and 4 he'll get criticism. The big problem with this team though is coaching. Don't think we'll win anything with Garrett.

Dodger12

Reaction score

So Tony loses to a gimpy Rodgers but Dak lost because of the D. Got it.

What you and other folks don't see (or don't want to admit) is that Romo had a 143.6 QB rating in that game. But yet folks want to pin the loss on him and, for some reason, this game is not on Dak. Against Denver in 2013, Romo threw for over 500 yards with 5 TD's and had a 140 QB rating but he was still crucified for the loss.

Dak lost a game the same way Romo has lost here for years. The difference is that Romo had to carry this team with lesser talent and an incompetent HC trainee and while I thought Dak gutted this game out, this team with Dak isn't really built for a shootout. I certainly don't pin this loss completely on Dak. But not being able to match GB and falling behind 21 to 3 was an indictment of the offense as well as the defense. 2nd and long or 3rd and long is a huge challenge for this offense.

Sooner or later, Dak will have to face and be judged by the same standard for success that Romo had to deal with here for years. If a QB rating of 143, which is almost perfect, isn't good enough to win and isn't good enough for fans to not blame the QB, then Dak is going to have a hard time when the honeymoon is over because he is not, at this stage in his young career, half the passer or QB Romo is.

What I also find funny is that, while we avoid pointing the finger at Dak, we are calling for a better D and think that's the missing link to greater success. I agree with that. Unfortunately, Romo never had that same luxury.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
He'll be cut and we'll get nothing for him. The money we end up saving by cutting him will go to a backup QB who isn't nearly as good as him.
You could be right, but Tony won't stay here as a back up at any price, so its a moot point.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So Tony loses to a gimpy Rodgers but Dak lost because of the D. Got it.

What you and other folks don't see (or don't want to admit) is that Romo had a 143.6 QB rating in that game. But yet folks want to pin the loss on him and, for some reason, this game is not on Dak. Against Denver in 2013, Romo threw for over 500 yards with 5 TD's and had a 140 QB rating but he was still crucified for the loss.

Dak lost a game the same way Romo has lost here for years. The difference is that Romo had to carry this team with lesser talent and an incompetent HC trainee and while I thought Dak gutted this game out, this team with Dak isn't really built for a shootout. I certainly don't pin this loss completely on Dak. But not being able to match GB and falling behind 21 to 3 was an indictment of the offense as well as the defense. 2nd and long or 3rd and long is a huge challenge for this offense.

Sooner or later, Dak will have to face and be judged by the same standard for success that Romo had to deal with here for years. If a QB rating of 143, which is almost perfect, isn't good enough to win and isn't good enough for fans to not blame the QB, then Dak is going to have a hard time when the honeymoon is over because he is not, at this stage in his young career, half the passer or QB Romo is.

What I also find funny is that, while we avoid pointing the finger at Dak, we are calling for a better D and think that's the missing link to greater success. I agree with that. Unfortunately, Romo never had that same luxury.
So Tony loses to a gimpy Rodgers but Dak lost because of the D. Got it.....lol I did not say that or the other stuff, I did not place any blame
on any players, including tony, it has more to do with coaching and coaches than the players.
I dont blame the D either, they played ok, and they dont call the defense either marinelli does.

Rodgers is playing good now, and he is hard to stop, and they did pretty good in 2nd half with him.
That last play is on marinelli.
my point was you cant say what tony would have played like since he didnt play.
People can imagine he would have played better than rodgers, but it is just speculation.
I would not have minded if they played tony this game, as he does match up better against GB,
but the main thing in this game was that elliot only got 22 carrys and he was getting almost 6 yd avg, so
why pass on 3rd and 2?? why not go for 4th and 1??
Dak came close to winning in spite of the coaches, but like tony that is something he will now have to deal with.

Dodger12

Reaction score
So Tony loses to a gimpy Rodgers but Dak lost because of the D. Got it.....lol I did not say that or the other stuff, I did not place any blame
on any players, including tony, it has more to do with coaching and coaches than the players.
I dont blame the D either, they played ok, and they dont call the defense either marinelli does.

Rodgers is playing good now, and he is hard to stop, and they did pretty good in 2nd half with him.
That last play is on marinelli.
my point was you cant say what tony would have played like since he didnt play.
People can imagine he would have played better than rodgers, but it is just speculation.
I would not have minded if they played tony this game, as he does match up better against GB,
but the main thing in this game was that elliot only got 22 carrys and he was getting almost 6 yd avg, so
why pass on 3rd and 2?? why not go for 4th and 1??
Dak came close to winning in spite of the coaches, but like tony that is something he will now have to deal with.

OK Don. I see where you're coming from. What I think we agree with is the same limitations in coaching that hampered Romo during his time in Dallas will now have to be overcome by Dak. It's just so frustrating that we lost another game in completely improbably fashion which has been a hallmark of Garrett's tenure here. As the game was going into what I thought was overtime, I expected Rodgers to beat us with a TD. The guy is just that good. But to lose because you break the cardinal sin of coaching strategy by giving the ball back (twice) to one of the best QB's in the game is just completely unacceptable to me. It's bad enough to have to beat Rodgers and the refs, but overcoming your dolt HC is just too much.

popp1234

Reaction score
Why?

Jerry is ultimately responsible for everything.

In addition he's the one constant in the last 21 years.

We've changed everything else but the ending remains depressingly similar.

Why? Because Jerry is the GM and owner. He isn't going anywhere. You are wasting your time and brain cells.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Romo has never thrown for 300 yards or had 3 TD's in a postseason game.

And yet we lost anyways.........................Romo and Dak have that in common now, neither have been past the 2nd round of the playoffs as starters.

Not dissing Dak, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the fans that say Romo could never get it done in the playoffs and then turn around and make excuses for Dak. So when the team lost in the past, it was all on Romo yet when the team loses now its not Dak's fault, he doesn't have a defense. Romo says, "ya think".

DFWJC

Reaction score

I do see a double standard here.

I thought both Romo in 2014 on the road at Lambeau and Dak yesterday at home played well enough to win.
I'll keep saying it: team game, team results.