Official W\L predictions?

Zordon

Reaction score
9-7. Don't see us beating the Skins. .500 vs the rest of the division.

Deep_South

Reaction score
9-7. Don't see us beating the Skins. .500 vs the rest of the division.

Oh, no. Tell me you're not thinking we're going to be chasing RG3 around like we did McNabb back in 2004. I don't want to go through that again.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but this is the year we make a move. 11-5. Division title and a playoff win. No SB though.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Fair enough. It's not the predictions that blow me away, per se. It's that guys like Pessimist Cowboy (not to single you out Pessimist, but you are, well, a pessimist) who argue all year about how bad the team is turn our to expect an outcome that's exactly the same as the outcome I'd predict. The Natural? 10-6. Ultimategamer? 11-5. There were years here where I'd argue for 11 months with posters like bbgun about whether or not the organization was a disaster. The coach a moron, our FA signings were foolish. Our QB was lacking something. Then at prediction time? We're both sitting there guessing 10-6.

This isn't a knock, or a plea for consistency between predictions and posting style, or anything like that. I just think it's really interesting. I actually like it, a lot, because it's the one time of the year you get to sort of remember that we're all hopeful Cowboys fans, after all, and that it's not just posting-to-validate-an agenda. Then the losses start, and everybody's an idiot again. :)

So there could be no possible rationale for someone looking at the team, understanding the deficiencies in the running game, come to the conclusion Romo will have to provide that running game with his arm, which means the defenses then prepare for that and this team again goes 8-8?

You say it is pessimism.

But you tend to like to give the positive vibes a chance to flourish, so how is it a fan can look, add the positives and negatives of this team and come away with another .500 ball club without fitting your pessimistic role?

I don't call it a level approach, or whatever label is put on it by those people who yearly project a turnaround and this is the year and project play-offs and 10+ wins.

The rational approach. The balanced approach. The logical approach. What ever is used to get quantify the teams strengths and weaknesses. However you choose to address it.

I merely look at each squad - just like the tomes writers that come here just before the season and break down the team for us - and judge, in my opinion, what I expect from them with the additions, subtractions, age, and level of play in the past.

I then tally up the score and comment on the team as a whole.

If it is a score - meaning my opinion - that sees this team being a tough task for other teams during the season, I project a winning record.

If not, then I project the opposite.

There is no aforethought of pessimism or optimism heading in.

But off season moves do dictate the additions to the team and how I believe they will fare.

So how can you call someone a pessimist when the grade could go the other way if the team made the right moves?

And in that gem is where I find people who hang the tag of pessimist on others to be rather small minded.

coult44

Reaction score
10-6 with losses to Broncos, GreenBay, Lions, Saints, Giants, and Commanders. I think our defense is going to get torched against good passing teams, though I could be wrong. I got us making playoffs at 10-6!

12-4,10-6, or 8-8, I don't see the problem of us getting torched by good passing teams. Well, not any more than any team gets torched nowadays. Our defense will be our strength this year. Mark my words!!!

w8lifter

Reaction score
The optimist in me says the Cowboys will go 11-5 and win the Super Bowl.

It never hurts to have hope for great things. ;)

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
10-6 Division champs behind the break out year of Dez Bryant and a defense that stays healthy through most of the year.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
10-6

6 losses will be:
Giants (1)
Broncos
Vikings
Bears
Packers
Commanders (1)

NickZepp

Reaction score
I got us at 11-5. This is probably the most optimistic I've been about the Cowboys in years. Last year I thought 7-9 would be a great season going in.

superjoe

#1 Risher
Reaction score
I just dont see us staying healthy on the line on both offense and defense, also we had no real aquisitions to soldify our weaknesses this team is not much better than last years as it pertains to personel and damn if we wont have another year of safety coverage problems. I give Monte 1 year of install pains but he is an upgrade over Rob, coupled with the drafting of Frederick together those two changes are about as good as 1 or two wins. Our presure will fade at the end due to lack of depth and Romo will again be tasked with trying to do too much and drag this team A-- backwords to try and make a playoff spot, a spot we will miss again by a hair...9-7.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Put me down for 11-5, my head says 10-6, but my heart says 11-5, so going with the heart.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Despite my skepticism of the OL changes, I can't go into a season as anything other than an optimist. I just can't come into this yearly thread and do anything other than predict a winning record, even though I'm usually wrong. And this year there are some real, legitimate good signs, especially on D.

So 11-5.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I was pissed about last season and was saying 7-9 before. I hate mediocre seasons with embarassing games.!!! But im going to go with 10-6. I see no reason if were healthy we cant win at least 10 games. We were 8-8 last season with a lot of injuries and a tougher schedule. All depends on HEALTH, running the ball, oline and the new defense. But I think we'll be ok. At the very least we should get a wild card and make a little noise in the playoffs. If we get clicking like we can we can win even more.

RS12

Reaction score
8 and 8. Injuries in the trenches will determine the year

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think this team goes 11-5, I think the defense is going to be a main factor in large part because I think Kiffin and Marinelli will get this defense doing something they have not done in a while and that is create turnovers. Offense even with some of the areas of concern still have a lot of fire power within the WR, RB and TE to put up points. Over the last half of the season last year they avg 28 points a game and while OL is a concern I think they will be a better group this year vs last year.