Officially Texas-OU Week!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;3020952 said:
You mean like Oklahoma does every yr in a a BCS game?

Every yr is different but I am a huge believer that the SEC is by far the best conference, especially in terms of NFL calibar defensive talent. And it isnt close.

The Big 12 is not that good this yr, but the SEC is down a little too. I honestly dont think there are any truly "great" teams, rather some good ones and some above average ones.

USC will probably get screwed again, and we'll see a match up of an SEC and Big 12 team for the national championship, a game which will be extremely boring and not really settle who's the best team debate.
USC shouldn't have dropped a game. They don't get to complain if an undefeated Texas plays an undefeated Alabama/Florida. And nobody gets to question if the winner of that game is the best in the nation.

No playoff= pathetically stupid
1000000000% agreed.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Good game OU, mucho props to your D. Really unfortunate Bradford went down but like trick said, my 1st thought was no way he was ready to return.

Nice to see all the mutual respect by the players on the field after the game.

Note to Greg Davis: Cody Johnson was breaking off runs of 6, 8, 9+ yards EVERYTIME you were innovative enough to finally use him mid third qtr.

WHY THE F are you too STUPID to find the hot horse, then ride him for more than one play per series!!?? Jackace!!

This just in!! switzersflask had a sudden emergency at his important "ranch" job. He was last seen driving towards the high country with this [strike]gay[/strike] sorry, guy....
heathledger_brokeback.gif

Estimates on the date his return are still sketchy, butt, we're confident he'll be sore___ly missed.

Shady12

Reaction score
CATCH17;3020929 said:
Bama and Florida are the real deal. They would be tough for Texas to beat at this point in the season.

Once Colt gets rolling, if that ever happens, then Texas could give both of those teams are run for their money.

But as of now both of those teams are a bad matchup for Texas.

Alabama is my #1 team. How is Florida any more a real deal than Texas? Their offense has been crap, Tebow hasn't been very good. Defense is great. Sounds a lot like Texas at this point. Texas D is in the same class as those teams. Good matchup with Florida.. Can't run on Texas right now, and Florida passing game sure isn't going to scare them. The game if played now would probably be an ugly low scoring slugfest.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;3020991 said:
USC shouldn't have dropped a game. They don't get to complain if an undefeated Texas plays an undefeated Alabama/Florida. And nobody gets to question if the winner of that game is the best in the nation.

1000000000% agreed.

Nobody should be penalized for barely losing an early season game on the road in which your starting QB didnt play.

The college system is painfully stupid.

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;3020929 said:
Bama and Florida are the real deal. They would be tough for Texas to beat at this point in the season.

Once Colt gets rolling, if that ever happens, then Texas could give both of those teams are run for their money.

But as of now both of those teams are a bad matchup for Texas.

I'm really not sure about Florida anymore after last night, as long as they keep the SEC refs away Texas can beat the Florida we saw play last night

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shady12;3021047 said:
Alabama is my #1 team. How is Florida any more a real deal than Texas? Their offense has been crap, Tebow hasn't been very good. Defense is great. Sounds a lot like Texas at this point. Texas D is in the same class as those teams. Good matchup with Florida.. Can't run on Texas right now, and Florida passing game sure isn't going to scare them. The game if played now would probably be an ugly low scoring slugfest.

Because they are the champions of the world and until someone beats the best than they will remain the best.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;3021139 said:
I'm really not sure about Florida anymore after last night, as long as they keep the SEC refs away Texas can beat the Florida we saw play last night

It wont be that easy.

If you play Florida than you will play Florida with them having a month to prepare.

They run right at Texas. Something I think is the weakness of the Texas defense.

And on defense they are top 3 in the Nation.

If Colt McCoy doesn't start playing like Colt McCoy than Texas would need a lot of breaks to win against Florida.

Texas has a ton of upside though because their Offense hasn't turned on the jets yet.

Shady12

Reaction score
Weakness in the texas defense?? They are NUMBER ONE in the country against the run...lol. Giving up 35 yards a game. A month to prepare eh? Pretty sure Texas will also be allowed to prepare for Florida. Muschamp having a month to prepare is a scary thing for an opposing offense.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Shady12;3021204 said:
Weakness in the texas defense?? They are NUMBER ONE in the country against the run...lol. Giving up 35 yards a game. A month to prepare eh? Pretty sure Texas will also be allowed to prepare for Florida. Muschamp having a month to prepare is a scary thing for an opposing offense.
This is why stats suck. The Horns haven't been facing any good running teams.

Shady12

Reaction score
Whatever, there's just ridiculous bias. SEC has low scoring games all the time, it's all because the D's are so dominant. Big 12 teams have good offenses and it's because the D's suck. Truth is with both it's a little of both. Teams in SEC have sloppy low scoring games and it's a great thing. Same happens in Big 12 and they suck. Texas and Oklahoma's D's are up there with anyone. Florida hasn't been impressive, there's no reason to think they're better this year than a team like Texas. Tebow yesterday didn't play any better than McCoy, yet it was called a Heisman performance. McCoy was just bad because he sucks apparently. Neither were good, neither should be in contention for the Heisman at this point.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Shady12;3021377 said:
Whatever, there's just ridiculous bias. SEC has low scoring games all the time, it's all because the D's are so dominant. Big 12 teams have good offenses and it's because the D's suck. Truth is with both it's a little of both. Teams in SEC have sloppy low scoring games and it's a great thing. Same happens in Big 12 and they suck. Texas and Oklahoma's D's are up there with anyone. Florida hasn't been impressive, there's no reason to think they're better this year than a team like Texas. Tebow yesterday didn't play any better than McCoy, yet it was called a Heisman performance. McCoy was just bad because he sucks apparently. Neither were good, neither should be in contention for the Heisman at this point.
I don't disagree with you at all. but the Horns #1 ranking against the run just doesn't mean a whole lot right now.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3020924 said:
LOL @ all the Big 12 fans thinking they could hang with a real conference.

uh the big 12 has an arguement for the toughest C and whether or not you believe they are, they are easily the second far and away

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jimmy40;3021490 said:
I don't disagree with you at all. but the Horns #1 ranking against the run just doesn't mean a whole lot right now.

And its not that im saying they are terrible against the run because they are not.

You can't run sideline to sideline against Texas and their athletes.

But a team like Alabama or Florida could really punish Texas by running directly at them. Texas is a tad soft in the middle.

And if I were trying to defend Texas i'd do the same thing OU did. Just sit in my zone defense for most of the game and force Texas to run the ball.

OU's defense is greatly improved from what it has been but its not the greatest defense of all time like their fans would have you believe.

Bama and Florida still play defense at another level.

What should be seperating Texas from those 2 is a high powered offense and it just hasn't taken off yet.

rkell87

Reaction score
CATCH17;3021511 said:
And its not that im saying they are terrible against the run because they are not.

You can't run sideline to sideline against Texas and their athletes.

But a team like Alabama or Florida could really punish Texas by running directly at them. Texas is a tad soft in the middle.

And if I were trying to defend Texas i'd do the same thing OU did. Just sit in my zone defense for most of the game and force Texas to run the ball.

OU's defense is greatly improved from what it has been but its not the greatest defense of all time like their fans would have you believe.

What should be seperating Texas from those 2 is a high powered offense and it just hasn't taken off yet.

in the front 7, but our secondary should kill any passing game those teams try, if for nothing other than always having to defend the spread in the big 12 and the level of QB and WR play in conference. if they can beat us with nothing but a ground attack then they deserve to win.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CATCH17;3021511 said:

No way. OU's defense is just as good. SEC offenses suck monkey balls. We could go round and round all day on this. lol

switzersflask

Reaction score
Just got back from the game. That was big time.

I noticed someone said Florida and Bama play defense on another level. That person is filled with ignorance and bias.

Texas has a great offense and a great qb and OU's defense went out there and shut it down. I haven't been as impressed with our defense in quite some time now.

I am so proud of my Sooners. They gave the Horns everything they had, it just wasn't enough.

Good game Longhorns and fellow Sooners. See you next year and good luck with the rest of the season.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
switzersflask;3021640 said:

I noticed someone said Florida and Bama play defense on another level. That person is filled with ignorance and bias.

Texas has a great offense and a great qb and OU's defense went out there and shut it down. I haven't been as impressed with our defense in quite some time now.

I am so proud of my Sooners. They gave the Horns everything they had, it just wasn't enough.

Good game Longhorns and fellow Sooners. See you next year and good luck with the rest of the season.

what no props to the Horns defense? you had negative yards rushing against a Horns D that the entire country kept saying was questionable....especially against the run.

Also, our pathetic running game actually showed up against the vaunted Sooners rush D.

I am just curious....why did the Sooners stop being so aggressive on defense in the 2nd half. They were flying all over the field in the first half. However, in the 2nd, they didn't blitz or rush Colt as much. They certainly didn't bring the pressure even half as much as they did in the first half. IMO, Venables laid an egg in the 2nd half with his defensive scheming.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rkell87;3021529 said:
in the front 7, but our secondary should kill any passing game those teams try, if for nothing other than always having to defend the spread in the big 12 and the level of QB and WR play in conference. if they can beat us with nothing but a ground attack then they deserve to win.

I agree but I think Texas has the 2nd best secondary in the Nation and in almost every other year they would have the best.

Floridas secondary is the best imo.

But the Texas secondary is filled with Sophomores so by years end who knows they may be the best.

I think Texas has the 3rd best defense in the country but I would put them behind Alabama and Florida. Texas isn't nearly as physical as those 2 in their front 7 but it is still a very good front 7.

What we're all waiting for is the Texas Offense to get to 2008 form (mainly Colt McCoy). If that happens then they got a great chance to beat anyone.

rkell87

Reaction score
CATCH17;3021779 said:
I agree but I think Texas has the 2nd best secondary in the Nation and in almost every other year they would have the best.

Floridas secondary is the best imo.

But the Texas secondary is filled with Sophomores so by years end who knows they may be the best.

I think Texas has the 3rd best defense in the country but I would put them behind Alabama and Florida. Texas isn't nearly as physical as those 2 in their front 7 but it is still a very good front 7.

What we're all waiting for is the Texas Offense to get to 2008 form (mainly Colt McCoy). If that happens then they got a great chance to beat anyone.

yeah UoF whole D has a championship behind them but i havent been as impressed with them that much this year they are getting by on mostly just talent right now

rkell87

Reaction score
switzersflask;3021640 said:

you showed up...props. good game