Officially Texas-OU Week!

Ren

Reaction score
BTW OU fans we'll stop talking about 45-35, it's all about 16-13 now :laugh2:

I'm sure there's a moral victory and some style points somewhere in it for you though

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
jimmy40;3020288 said:
Ren;3020282 said:
:laugh2:

what ever he picks just put your house on the opposite, it's a lock every time

any chance we see you again in 2009?
the only fans in college football that talk about conference championships are ou fans. Why is that?
LOL. It's like the Eagles talking about their NFL Championships.

rynochop

Reaction score
Ren;3020255 said:
very similar to a certain NFL team... :bang2:

No doubt, for some reason the Horns reminded me of the Cowboys today, always on the brink of blowing it open only to **** it up at a critical time, oh well...good game

Man, McCoy was not good today throwing, he could have/should have had a couple INT's returned for a touchdown today.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
rynochop;3020302 said:
No doubt, for some reason the Horns reminded me of the Cowboys today, always on the brink of blowing it open only to **** it up at a critical time, oh well...good game

Man, McCoy was not good today throwing, he could have/should have had a couple INT's returned for a touchdown today.

Colt has been less than stellar all year to this point. I hope he gets better as he is a nice kid...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Sadly, I missed most of the second half because I had to take my wife to the emergency room with a laceration. It was a minor injury, and she'll be fine.

Perhaps not the most aesthetically-pleasing of wins, but Texas can benefit from gutting out a tough, defensive win against the Sooners -- the type of game they've generally lost to OU in recent seasons.

Of course, Big 12 teams garner no credit for defensive wins from the national media; only SEC teams are afforded that courtesy and then lauded for their "physicality" and "stifling defense."

It's irrelevant, however. Florida and Alabama will eventually play each other, and if the Longhorns win against their remaining schedule, they'll receive the opportunity to prove themselves against the vaunted SEC.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
trickblue;3020304 said:
Colt has been less than stellar all year to this point. I hope he gets better as he is a nice kid...

Colt's problems are thus:

1) Lack of a running game.

2) Predictable play-calling, which is a habit that Greg Davis tends to fall into.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3020308 said:

2) Predictable play-calling, which is a habit that Greg Davis tends to fall into.

I agree... but he does go into panic mode... you should see this Gilbert kid...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

Yeah...and throw in total lack of NFL calibar arm and plays in a pop gun gimmicky offense

jimmy40

Reaction score
dbair1967;3020356 said:
Yeah...and throw in total lack of NFL calibar arm and plays in a pop gun gimmicky offense
what team do you follow?

Ren

Reaction score
dbair1967;3020356 said:

he's got a decent long ball (far from great though), UT just don't go deep much which is why their offense has become so predictable

Air Force One

Reaction score
dbair1967;3020356 said:

That pop gun gimmicky offense just beat OU :D

Besides, Colt's didn't need an NFL caliber arm to beat OU...he's saving it for a run at a national championship...something OU fans need not worry about!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I think hes been overcoached.

He has the same problem as Tony Romo.

Both guys are uncoventional Quarterbacks and instead of going out and being themselves they try and do the hole Peyton Manning thing.

Colt, like Tony, just needs to be himself and go play some football and make some plays.

rkell87

Reaction score
rkell87;3004598 said:
Bradford gets hurt again...still first QB taken in draft....OU loses its third game already to fall to 3-3....and some how still wont fall past 25 in rank....OU falls from prominence and all the top recruits that Texas has been losing to them will finally stop

just want to say i called it first. we will see how right i am about the other things.

WHERE IS SWITZERFLASK!!! he promised to come back and eat his crow....must be busy at work again...i bet he is swamped all month

kmp77

Reaction score
rkell87;3020512 said:
just want to say i called it first. we will see how right i am about the other things.

WHERE IS SWITZERFLASK!!! he promised to come back and eat his crow....must be busy at work again...i bet he is swamped all month

You're suprised?! He'll be gone for a while :D

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
dbair1967;3020356 said:

His (alleged) lack of NFL talent has absolutely no bearing on his quality as a collegiate quarterback. Colt McCoy is one of the elite passers in college football. Absolutely no question.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
That was the longest game I have seen in a while....

This just in, the replay officials are replaying the final kneel down by Colt McCoy

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;3020367 said:
Congrats Horns fans for beating my team.

and as usual Rowdy comes in to give classy props after the UT/OU game...wish the OU fans that ran their mouths and talked smack would show up and give props. but then again, unlike Rowdy, they seem to have no honor.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
With all the criticism the Longhorns are receiving for their 3 point victory against a ranked team at a neutral site, we should consider this:

Florida won by only 3 points at home against an unranked opponent.

Alabama didn't score an offensive TD until the fourth quarter against a South Carolina team sporting a lower ranking than OU.

Just sayin'...