Officially Texas-OU Week!

MC KAos

Reaction score
jimmy40;3015666 said:
If Colt doesn't run the ball, Texas loses. You cannot continue to win running the spread option with a QB that doesn't run, especially when your running game sucks anyway.I should turn in my Longhorn card. I have zero confidence this week. :eek::

i think they mentioned during the colorado game that the coaches have told colt to be ready for more called runs for him once we get into the meat of our schedule. So dont be surprised if colt has at least 5-8 rushes this coming week

jimmy40

Reaction score
MC KAos;3015788 said:
i think they mentioned during the colorado game that the coaches have told colt to be ready for more called runs for him once we get into the meat of our schedule. So dont be surprised if colt has at least 5-8 rushes this coming week
He better. Colorado sold out on running plays because they knew Colt wasn't running. What did we have, 21 carries for 30 yards or something? and Colorado rush defense was one of the worst in college football.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
jimmy40;3015666 said:
If Colt doesn't run the ball, Texas loses. You cannot continue to win running the spread option with a QB that doesn't run, especially when your running game sucks anyway.I should turn in my Longhorn card. I have zero confidence this week. :eek::

The Longhorns offense isn't really a spread option anymore. It hasn't incorporated a substantial zone read component since Vince graduated. Most running plays are straight hand offs. I agree that we need more diversity in our running game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3016218 said:
The Longhorns offense isn't really a spread option anymore. It hasn't incorporated a substantial zone read component since Vince graduated. Most running plays are straight hand offs. I agree that we need more diversity in our running game.

The biggest thing I see in our running game is developing continuity. Seems as if we just can't seem to keep backs healthy this year. Every back has a different style, different strengths and weakness. Hard for the OL and the OC to put together a good consistant running attack when you've got a different back running different plays all the time.

switzersflask

Reaction score
silverbear;3015408 said:
Aw, that's so weak, on so many different levels:

1) The NCAA asked them to move the game to earlier in the season, for TV's sake...

2) The odds would be better that Tech would be "at full strength" in September than in November...

For somebody who loves to talk smack, you sure suck at it... :D

Sorry, but I have a feeling you're one of those little ladies that sit around in a hair salon talking about football as if you actually know something about it.

Teams get better as the season progresses, period.

switzersflask

Reaction score
silverbear;3015410 said:
Strange how you had all that free time to talk smack before the game, then suddenly got busy right after it... LOL...

Truth is, you were butthurt after that game, and figured you might lose your sense of humor if you had to take your medicine right after the game... I've got no problem with that...

I'll be sure and come in here and rub your pathetic texas faces in the dirt soon enough after the Schooner rolls out of that pathetic turdhole in the earth.

Shady12

Reaction score
9720_142193897004_99307042004_2738024_6668120_n.jpg

switzersflask

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3016559 said:
Who is that, Marcus Dupree?

Dupree didn't win the Heisman.

Ole Marcus is probably somewhere flipping burgers, and or selling weed talking about the good ole days.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
switzersflask;3016574 said:
Dupree didn't win the Heisman.

Ole Marcus is probably somewhere flipping burgers, and or selling weed talking about the good ole days.

No, but he was everybodies pick his soph year. Of course, that was before he skipped midway thourgh the season. Last I heard, he was hocked up with Bossier City La. Arena Football. Figured that might be him with the trophy he lifted from Billy Simms.

switzersflask

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3016594 said:
No, but he was everybodies pick his soph year. Of course, that was before he skipped midway thourgh the season. Last I heard, he was hocked up with Bossier City La. Arena Football. Figured that might be him with the trophy he lifted from Billy Simms.

You never know. The guy just lacked heart.

switzersflask

Reaction score
tuFan2.jpg

tuidiot.jpg

this one here's the truest it gets:
http://i114.***BLOCKED***/albums/n270/soonerbjorn/OUtx/OUBaby.jpg