Officially the worst offseason ever?

Reaction score
Seriously, how much worse can this offseason get? We cut a guy who's completely innocent without running down his side of the story? The front office loses credibility with the players, and future attempts at discipline are much harder... "Yea, but you cut Lucky and he was innocent. How can you punish me?" What a joke...

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Seriously, how much worse can this offseason get? We cut a guy who's completely innocent without running down his side of the story? The front office loses credibility with the players, and future attempts at discipline are much harder... "Yea, but you cut Lucky and he was innocent. How can you punish me?"
Yeah they look stupid not that they are going to care. Some of the fans show you how much worse things that aren't football related happen with their thought processes here. It don't matter if he was innocent he was garbage and all the other madness according to some. Id bet good money none saying that would feel the same way if it was them or their family in that situation.

Reaction score
Yeah they look stupid not that they are going to care. Some of the fans show you how much worse things that aren't football related happen with their thought processes here. It don't matter if he was innocent he was garbage and all the other madness according to some. Id bet good money none saying that would feel the same way if it was them or their family in that situation.

Exactly. My biggest fear is that Lucky was really liked by his teammates (Dez seems to love him), and that Garrett, by seemingly jumping the gun, loses the locker room or some portion of it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Exactly. My biggest fear is that Lucky was really liked by his teammates (Dez seems to love him), and that Garrett, by seemingly jumping the gun, loses the locker room or some portion of it.
I don't think it will do much in the locker room but it shows how fugazy people are. We know if this was Zeke he wouldn't be cut so why try to take this tough guy approach? Seriously who respects phoniness?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My biggest fear is that Lucky was really liked by his teammates (Dez seems to love him), and that Garrett, by seemingly jumping the gun, loses the locker room or some portion of it.
Lucky wasn't making the final 53. The guys in the locker room know it. Garrett won't lose anything with the players over Whitehead.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
EE suspended 2 games
Jourdan Lewis convicted
Lucky arrested

Lucky released- CHECK
DWilson convicted and suspended 2-4 games- Pending
NCarroll convicted and suspended 2 games- Pending
DIrving takes a new supplement and gets 4 game suspension- CHECK
Jaylon Smith heals- CHECK
James Hanna heals- CHECK
Get 14m in cap savings from Romo- CHECK
LCollins extended- CHECK
All draft picks signed- CHECK
Earned 4 comp picks for 2018- CHECK

All and all I would say that isn't too bad........knock on wood

And we still might sign Ryan Mathews or Carlos Hyde when they get cut

haleyrules

Reaction score
Garrett may not lose the locker room but he did come across in a poor way. Even responding to the medias questions was embarrassing. He could have handled it much better. Whitehead is no big loss but the way the Cowboys handled it made me cringe.

Reaction score
This is getting comical. To anyone in this thread who disagreed with the title, I dare you to find another team's offseason remotely as bad...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is getting comical. To anyone in this thread who disagreed with the title, I dare you to find another team's offseason remotely as bad...
Happened when he was in Seattle.

You seriously hanging this one one the Cowboys?

BTW, the Cowboys have had a GREAT off season. The roster and salary cap are both better now than they were 6 months ago.