Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
If they "let 'em play" then there'd be threads about how the refs let calls against Dallas slide. Reffing sucks in general. You're just not going to get 7 refs to accurately officiate 11 different matchups while watching the ball, 2 feet down, forward momentum, etc. at the same time.
I don't expect perfection by any means. I'd rather see "let em play" as long as it's called evenly, than see game changing play after game changing play on either side be called back because a lineman looked at someone funny or a corner sneezed on a receiver.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and then again in the 1st round. Manage to get past that? then we get this crew again.

Especially us. You watch, they'll start flexing our games to try to draw ratings, so, they couldn't allow us to get too ahead, especially with 4 games in our division to go. Those will get flexed I reckon. They want things "interesting". Not to us, but just to get more ratings.
If we got hoch or correnti in the playoffs at all just chalk that up as an out. Correnti will probably pull a weird rule out of his butt and hoch Itll come down to a PI. Book it

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
What was the atmosphere like? What were the fans talking about? Who did you come away impressed by? Fill us in Bro.
a lot of back and forth to be honest...I was with my daughters but even I told some McCauley Kulken looking raider to sit his you know what down. In all it was friendly banter but even they knew there was some serious bad calls. They didn't celebrate that win like I thought they would. Dallas fans are dumb bro, they get loud when we're on offense smh. I even got on my girls for not cheering...at one point I even told them "I thought I brought cowboys fans". Me beign from California I have a deep hate for the raiders and their fans, this makes me beyond sick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Does anyone else under wonder how in the hell Jerry puts up with his team continually being bent over by the The Goon and his NY henchman game after game....year after year.....he has to be seeing what we are seeing. If he went scorched earth and blasted the officiating, he would surely get slapped down hard by the NFL, but at least it would be "out there"....maybe the refs would start to think twice about some of the blatant S they are doing. These refs are human just like we are...if they weren't a Cowboys fan growing up, then they grew up HATING the Cowboys....when they see the way The Goon treats the Cowboys with over the top fines, and head scratching biased suspensions (Zeke) they realize that whatever they do in turn will actually be looked upon favorably with out any chance of repercussion....Jerry's almost 80...I'm not sure how he contains himself. Is he so feeble not to realize that there is a ZERO percent chance of the NFL letting him reach a Super Bowl....much less win one. That is one reason that I really don't get that hung up on getting Home Field Advantage, because we are gonna get bent over in the post season just like we do in the regular season....and its gonna happen on the road or at home....today proved that.

How about the moderators taking all these dumb refs lost us the game posts and combing them?

Moderators have no problem combing EVERY single thread I make.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The real reason the refs suck is because that's how the league wants it. Not just talking about today's game (which was one of the worst displays of officiating I can remember). I'm talking about around the league. The Lions are a team that get routinely shafted by the stripes too. All fans get upset at the stripes, but nothing seems to be done. Why? Because the league is rigged! Not just with us, but the entire league is rigged. Roll your eyes if you will, but it's true. It's been blatantly clear since SB 40 when the Steelers benefited from constant terrible calls against the Seahawks. Why play a clear game when you can rig the results how you wish and still get the money while making it seem the games are legit? Also, ask yourself this. What's the biggest source of revenue for the League? Television, correct? So, if the league earns most its money through that outlet and routinely relies on ratings to generate things like cap instead of fans at the stadium, then who is the league going to be more loyal to? The networks or the fans? I'd argue the networks because they need to appease the networks and their talking heads to continue receiving broadcast deals. Thus, the league bends to the wishes of the networks and, in doing so, rig the game to make it appear legit while appeasing the networks.

The league could fix the ref problem in an instant, but they won't. Why should they? It's just a tool to keep the games interesting and keep the outcomes the league wants.

Oh look, its another dumb league conspiracy post?

Moderators please combine this one with the other 10 threads please!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If we got hoch or correnti in the playoffs at all just chalk that up as an out. Correnti will probably pull a weird rule out of his butt and hoch Itll come down to a PI. Book it

They'll probably use one of them when we go against Green Bay, the Bucs, or the Rams. They're probably not going to care against a team like Arizona. Ironically, I think they want LA in the SB with it being in LA. My guess is the SB will be LA against KC. KC with Mahomes who are coming on strong now and the Rams because, well, LA in a SB would be a ratings bonanza.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and then again in the 1st round. Manage to get past that? then we get this crew again.

Especially us. You watch, they'll start flexing our games to try to draw ratings, so, they couldn't allow us to get too ahead, especially with 4 games in our division to go. Those will get flexed I reckon. They want things "interesting". Not to us, but just to get more ratings.
I can’t say I blame them. I have to admit that I prefer watching games that have stakes. And the NFL seems to have accomplished their mission when so many teams are only one or two games out of a playoff spot. The end of the season is poised to be dramatic.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't expect perfection by any means. I'd rather see "let em play" as long as it's called evenly, than see game changing play after game changing play on either side be called back because a lineman looked at someone funny or a corner sneezed on a receiver.

This is what everyone says they want but somehow always believe that things are never even on their side. Just human nature.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This is the NFL today

PRIMETIME Thanksgiving day game….

The refs decided to throw 28 flags on Dallas
Well, if the Boys had players who played like professionals instead of college players then maybe those little yellow flags wouldn't have been tossed so many times. The Boy's defensive players got beat like a drum today and because of this they were holding, face guarding, jumping offside, etc....... Sometimes major changes need to be made during the season and right about now would be a great time to start those changes. NOTHING SHOULD BE OFF THE TABLE AT THIS POINT OR TIME! FIRE, BENCH or RELEASE, IT'S TIME TO MAKE SOME HARD *** DECISIONS!

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
The only thing Jerry needs to do is go away forever.

I don't really buy that the league office is out to get the Cowboys. I am sure they don't like Jerry, but the Cowboys making it to Super Bowls again would be a huge boom for them.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Here's a thought: let each team have one challenge reserved to challenge a penalty. Guarantee officiating improves drastically, as the NFL won't want their refs exposed as incompetent or biased. That's also the reason why it would never happen.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh look, its another dumb league conspiracy post?

Moderators please combine this one with the other 10 threads please!!!

I'm not saying it's just with us. I actually referenced the Lions a lot, and good reason. They get screwed more than we do by the stripes. I'm just saying, look at the money where that goes. We played poorly in the 1st 30 (the stripes were bad too), but it is interesting that teams like the Lions don't seem to get any traction in a league that prides itsel on "parity". They're the team I feel the most sorry for here really. I think they deserve at least a conference championship appearance.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's a thought: let each team have one challenge reserved to challenge a penalty. Guarantee officiating improves drastically, as the NFL won't want their refs exposed as incompetent or biased. That's also the reason why it would never happen.

The Canadian League does this. This league does not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's just with us. I actually referenced the Lions a lot, and good reason. They get screwed more than we do by the stripes. I'm just saying, look at the money where that goes. We played poorly in the 1st 30 (the stripes were bad too), but it is interesting that teams like the Lions don't seem to get any traction in a league that prides itsel on "parity". They're the team I feel the most sorry for here really. I think they deserve at least a conference championship appearance.

So you are a betting guy? Anytime someone has a bias they blame the refs.

I have the luxury of being completely non biased. It makes things much much clearer.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So you are a betting guy? Its obvious. Anytime someone has a bias they blame the refs.

I have the luxury of being completely non biased. It makes things much much clearer.

No, I don't bet. I just don't like seeing what appears to be quite questionable calls or calls that don't get called on both ends. And quite honestly, Detroit is the fanbase that has the most to complain about when it comes to the stripes. They get hosed worse than anyone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I don't bet. I just don't like seeing what appears to be quite questionable calls or calls that don't get called on both ends. And quite honestly, Detroit is the fanbase that has the most to complain about when it comes to the stripes. They get hosed worse than anyone.

Its just human error all around. For anyone to think there is a conspiracy is laughable.

The one call that is the most miscalled is PI. I see PI all over the field on EVERYTHING. These CB's hold all game long and they call 10% of it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So Marcus was that roughing the passer call correct? Yes or no will do.

Was that no-call on the sack where Dak was tackled at his legs in the pocket (which is roughing the passer by rule - can't hit a quarterback in the head or legs in the pocket, sissy rules but as you would say rules just the same. So again did the refs miss that? Yes or no will do.

Was that no-call when Pollard or Elliott was hit of bounds and had given their body up beforehand in the fourth quarter missed by the referees? Yes or no will do.

Letting people spank you in the *** over and over doesn't make you more of a man. It just makes your *** sorer. Or it just makes you a Cowboy hating troll. Which one are you - a guy with a really really really sore *** by now or a Cowboy hating troll. Just asking out of genuine curiosity.

I was eating and engaging with family for most of the game so a lot I didn't see. I did see that call they made on the Raiders center for looking down then looking up when almost every center does that in shotgun formation for snap timing. Was that wrong by the officials?