Officiating sucks and/or is fixed quit picking on Brittany thread

garyv

Reaction score
Genuinely not sure I’ve ever seen such a dramatic point differential on the basis of bad/missed/ticky tack calls.

They cost us 10 offensive points, and directly gave the Raiders 16 points. We only gained 3 points as the direct result of officiating.

Where I get pissed is all these pass interference calls. They can call pass interference on 7 out of 10 pass plays which I hate because basically at any time during the game a referee can call pass interference which changes the course of a game.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
D
And we lost two games including today because the front office is in love with Zuerline. Our kicker personally lost both games (Bucs and Raiders)

Dude, we had 14 penalties for about 170 yards, including what 10 on 3rd downs?? We gave up 36 points to a team who hadnt scored that much in their last 3 games combined. And you blame the kicker who missed an extra point and a 59 yard FG?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't blame you. I know it seems like Dallas gets tons of bad calls. Wonder if other teams fans feel the same way.

Yeah, try ALL of them. Fans just look closer at the ones that affect their team. Interesting how that's so universal.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually mean it. Years ago I watched the nuggets and overdone get robbed against the spurs with blatant calls. It was bad for years but that series turned me off on the nba for about 5 years. Lebron brought me back. Everyone e made excuses the. Years later it gave out they made calls for gambling.
I feel the same way now. The calls were bad for about 10 years but got worse after jerry went to war with goodell. This season is the final straw. This team has 7 wins and would have at least 9 with fair calls. It won’t change until fans tune out. It might not happen but I’m tuning out. I wish my team well but I can’t stomachs unfair calls against the save team every game.

It's in your face, we don't care if you know cuz we're an institution monetized from a million different angles. They will never clean it up.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Remember the Defensive Pass Interference on Benny Barnes that decided that Super Bowl. Commissioner at the time Pete Rozelle acknowledged the call was wrong on the air, not in one of those secret letters that go out every week.

How's that for perspective?

I really don't want get on the corruption bandwagon , but i think the NFL really really really wanted Los Angeles in the Super Bowl that year to solidify its place in the LA market

The Benny Barnes call was awful as they simply got their feet tangled, clearly not interference. Made me sick.

But the Saints Rams game was the most flagrant example of the NFL ensuring the Rams advance.

The NHL is the league that rarely gets a call wrong.

My issue with NFL officiating is the inconsistency of it all. I have seen plenty of other teams get cheated, so I don’t buy into the refs conspiracy theories esp since a quarter of a century is a long time for us to be so irrelevant in regards to playoff success.

We all know the flawed foundation the Jones boys try to build on every year; a head coach yes man with no power, a gm that is our phantom head coach and after decades of experience continues to hamstring our team with terrible decisions like Zeke’s 2nd contract, Jaylon Smith’s drafting and awful contract extension, drafting the oft-injured Sean Lee when every team passed on him because of his injury history, and biggest of all, we don’t have a real football GM. Things won’t change, but we know the source of the failures of the past 25 seasons.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does anyone else under wonder how in the hell Jerry puts up with his team continually being bent over by the The Goon and his NY henchman game after game....year after year.....he has to be seeing what we are seeing. If he went scorched earth and blasted the officiating, he would surely get slapped down hard by the NFL, but at least it would be "out there"....maybe the refs would start to think twice about some of the blatant S they are doing. These refs are human just like we are...if they weren't a Cowboys fan growing up, then they grew up HATING the Cowboys....when they see the way The Goon treats the Cowboys with over the top fines, and head scratching biased suspensions (Zeke) they realize that whatever they do in turn will actually be looked upon favorably with out any chance of repercussion....Jerry's almost 80...I'm not sure how he contains himself. Is he so feeble not to realize that there is a ZERO percent chance of the NFL letting him reach a Super Bowl....much less win one. That is one reason that I really don't get that hung up on getting Home Field Advantage, because we are gonna get bent over in the post season just like we do in the regular season....and its gonna happen on the road or at home....today proved that.

Jerry going "scorched earth" would start with him firing his GM, and his Director of Player Personnel, who have failed for a quarter century and counting.

Instead, he'll go on his radio show and complain about other people. Business as usual. Now get your credit cards ready, suckers.

ArtClink

Reaction score
D

Dude, we had 14 penalties for about 170 yards, including what 10 on 3rd downs?? We gave up 36 points to a team who hadnt scored that much in their last 3 games combined. And you blame the kicker who missed an extra point and a 59 yard FG?

Zuerline personally lost us the Bucs game and should have released the next day. He continues to miss extra points and critical field goals so I’m surprised you are defending him.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Jerry is ecstatic. Cowboy place is growing like crazy with real estate and other ventures taking off. The stadium is packed with events year round. The Cowboys keep leading the NFL in the truly important stats - revenue and value. What am I missing here?

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean he could but it wouldnt work

he needs to have McCarthy in his office Monday and force him to clean up these penalties

we know the refs are bad but you dont have to give them a reason to throw flags

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Raiders were called for 14 penalties. How many more did we need?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The real reason the refs suck is because that's how the league wants it. Not just talking about today's game (which was one of the worst displays of officiating I can remember). I'm talking about around the league. The Lions are a team that get routinely shafted by the stripes too. All fans get upset at the stripes, but nothing seems to be done. Why? Because the league is rigged! Not just with us, but the entire league is rigged. Roll your eyes if you will, but it's true. It's been blatantly clear since SB 40 when the Steelers benefited from constant terrible calls against the Seahawks. Why play a clear game when you can rig the results how you wish and still get the money while making it seem the games are legit? Also, ask yourself this. What's the biggest source of revenue for the League? Television, correct? So, if the league earns most its money through that outlet and routinely relies on ratings to generate things like cap instead of fans at the stadium, then who is the league going to be more loyal to? The networks or the fans? I'd argue the networks because they need to appease the networks and their talking heads to continue receiving broadcast deals. Thus, the league bends to the wishes of the networks and, in doing so, rig the game to make it appear legit while appeasing the networks.

The league could fix the ref problem in an instant, but they won't. Why should they? It's just a tool to keep the games interesting and keep the outcomes the league wants.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol.

Oh look. An "L" and magically there are a ton of ref threads. Didn't see that coming.
28 penalties for nearly 300 yards combined. Win or lose this was a horribly officiated game and would've looked much different if the zebras let the players do their job....which is to play football.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I'll admit at times the calls can seem to be fishy but the bigger the conspiracy the harder it is to keep it under wraps.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll admit at times the calls can seem to be fishy but the bigger the conspiracy the harder it is to keep it under wraps.

It is harder, but I'm smelling something here, and I got lots of friends who are Lions fans who get screwed worse than we get that are saying the same thing. They're aware, and I'm aware now about what seems to be going on.