Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We got a free 56 yards out last drive. The refs aren’t great but stop blaming. I spend every week here when we are winning games talking about the ones we are gifted and it’s ignored.

Btw I keep hearing about the hands to face . The replay wasn’t definitive and it looked like a miss and hitting shoulder

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
I thought this officiating crew was horrendous tonight, and called a terrible game both ways. The NFL should be ashamed at how poorly their games are managed by the officials.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Sorry, but you're as blind as the Refs are. This game did not even out, there were no bogus calls on Philly but at least two on Dallas, and multiple missed holding calls against Dallas. Seems like every game, the game commentators say "I didn't see that one". Just admit that Dallas has gotten the short end of the flag for years.
The two personal fouls on Philly were both awful. One with less than a minute left. Forgot about those, Huhh?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindref_1.gif

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
The number of calls were about even but was the timing and in-game consequences? Dallas got hosed on the drive for Philthy's last TD. Penalties kept that drive going and some of the calls were so tic-tac or phantom calls (If I remember there were 4-5 penalties on that drive all against Dallas). I'm disappointed that Dallas didn't perform WHEN they had the chances in the 4th quarter to score.

On last thing ... note how many penalties on Philthy were declined as a result of the play ... those are meaningless. I don't think Philthy had the opportunity to do that (decline as a result of the play) even once.

full-2481-203788-eagles_and_refs_on_the_same_team.png

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Usually, when people complain about officiating, it is in games we would've lost anyway and the officiating wouldn't have made a difference. In this game, the team as a whole, including the QB, played well minus a few plays, that picked up flag could have made a difference in the game. Refs can make bad calls, and I can live with that. But you should never pick up a flag, for something that was a legit thing to throw it for.
Like when they picked up flag on the PI on Arizona.

Just please give me an explanation. “I saw it, but seconds later I decided I didn’t. “

Just some accountability. Please.

Miller

Reaction score
Not free. Those were clear and obvious penalties.
But the narrative is it’s a conspiracy against us. They could swallow the whistle. We were given a chance to win. Both teams had 10 penalties. It’s a false narrative. As I said the “hands to face” keeps being thrown out and the replay looked more shoulder pad.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing all the covering for the refs too with all of that 'da players jus need to play better' nonsense. You can't play better when the refs are wiping out your first downs, taking touchdowns off the board and giving the other team 1st downs.

Schoon gets hit early, magically the refs miss that. Our WR has hands all over him, magically the refs miss that. Parson gets held, the refs miss that. Ultra weak holding call on Schoon. Our player tugs a jersey, gets called. Their player tugs the jersey near the end of the game, no call. Hands to the face on the Eagles? Oh yea, lets pick that flag up.

This isn't simply the refs blowing a call or two. This is them thematically assisting a team to help them win. They helped march the eagles down the field for a TD.

It's so blatantly obvious but people keep wanting to act like it's not happening.
Like the terrible personal call foul on the Cowboys last drive? Or just the ones called on Philly?

Bachman05

Reaction score
how can this post be serious yeah there was some bad calls but that is going to be the way in any game , but to say the fix is in when we basically got gifted a win on the last drive is really a stretch. opportunities missed on that drive

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Were you watching this game?

How do you 'play better' when the refs are allowing the other team to hold, hit early, drape our wide receivers and giving the other team free first downs?
In my experience, griping about officiating constantly after each loss, is more of a blue collar mentality.

I watched the game. If you want to.win, play better. That's all. No secret hidden ref agenda.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Like the terrible personal call foul on the Cowboys last drive? Or just the ones called on Philly?

Which personal foul. The one where he hit dak 3 seconds late? That was clearly a foul. It was legit 3 seconds later... and by the way dak got drilled in the helmet on that last drive and that wasn't called.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
The two personal fouls on Philly were both awful. One with less than a minute left. Forgot about those, Huhh?
Oh ok, plowing into the back of your QB well after the pass is good, no problem. And taking a swing at another player is good too, gotcha.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But the narrative is it’s a conspiracy against us. They could swallow the whistle. We were given a chance to win. Both teams had 10 penalties. It’s a false narrative. As I said the “hands to face” keeps being thrown out and the replay looked more shoulder pad.
Why do you think because there were 10 penalties on both that it mead it was evenly called?

Explain plz.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Oh ok, plowing into the back of your QB well after the pass is good, no problem. And taking a swing at another player is good too, gotcha.
Plowing! Funny. The first one he pushed his chest. Neither were personal fouls. But Tank hitting Jalens knee was one that wasn't called.

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm just about convinced there's a script. If I can't shake that feeling, there's no point in me watching. If the Cowboys hadn't been such a huge part of my WHOLE life, I think I'd just turn it off.

It's not just sour grapes. I can take a hard fought loss. But, I need to figure out for myself if I actually believe the games are being intentionally influenced beyond the field.

Maybe it'll pass. Maybe it is just me being sore at the loss. But I'm having trouble suspending disbelief enough to keep investing my time into this.

Miller

Reaction score
Why do you think because there were 10 penalties on both that it mead it was evenly called?

Explain plz.
It’s obvious. Eagles had penalties that helped us too. As I said I literally make a point to mention the many favorable ones we get in wins in the game thread but it’s ignored. It’s only an issue when people blame losses. The refs in the NFL do have issues…it’s just league wide

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I'm just about convinced there's a script. If I can't shake that feeling, there's no point in me watching. If the Cowboys hadn't been such a huge part of my WHOLE life, I think I'd just turn it off.

It's not just sour grapes. I can take a hard fought loss. But, I need to figure out for myself if I actually believe the games are being intentionally influenced beyond the field.

Maybe it'll pass. Maybe it is just me being sore at the loss. But I'm having trouble suspending disbelief enough to keep investing my time into this.
If it were fixed the refs wouldn't have called a 40 yard PI with less then a minute then a soft personal foul a play or two later