Twitter: OG Su'a Filo

DanA

Reaction score
Is that technically a block in the back?

Don't get me wrong, love the play! I'm just genuinely curious.

Nope, any player that lines up on the line of scrimmage can block in the back 3 yards either side of the LOS while the ball is in the vicinity.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not fair at all!!!:thumbdown: Connor Williams has shown he can do that too!!! Talking about the Eagles lineman face-planting.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't need rocket science here...Filo' fits the part right now. So be it with a scrappy and powerful lineman. Oh, Williams will continue to grow and his day is coming, but we are here and now.

marchetta

Reaction score

200.gif

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's refreshing to a see a guy who can physically impose his will out there.

It makes you wonder:

1. Why was Williams not given any competition in the preseason for the job.
2. Why did it take an injury to put him on the bench.

You know that people don't lose jobs here.

Falco78

Reaction score
This guy is the starter at left guard until further notice. Don't muck up this decision too Garrett and Linehan!
That was my first thought "He did well that means it is time for our brilliant coaching staff to screw it up!"

Verdict

Reaction score
He was actually drafted higher than Connor was. This team seems to factor that into decision making.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was my first thought "He did well that means it is time for our brilliant coaching staff to screw it up!"

Like they did with the position last year. Johnathan Cooper outplayed Chaz Green at every opportunity, but the "braintrust" insisted on putting Green there to start the season. Thankfully, Green got hurt as always, and Cooper then got his deserved opportunity. And everything improved.

These guys are real dopes sometimes. And there's nothing worse than stupid people who think they've got everything figured out. This team all too often fits that description.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I hate to keep harping on it but....JESUS..

Connor Williams was never ready. Yet another strategic faux pas by our staff. We should have had a vet in there day one while giving Connor a year to make his body ready for the NFL (while shadowing a vet).

The amount of times Connor has gotten bull rushed back into Dak this year... Truly cringeworthy .... ..

This doesn't mean I think Xavier is some diamond in the rough savior. It basically means any decent vet Guard could have done a much better job in the first half of the season than an undersized rook with wide eyes.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hate to keep harping on it but....JESUS..

Connor Williams was never ready. Yet another strategic faux pas by our staff. We should have had a vet in there day one while giving Connor a year to make his body ready for the NFL (while shadowing a vet).

The amount of times Connor has gotten bull rushed back into Dak this year... Truly cringeworthy .... ..

This doesn't mean I think Xavier is some diamond in the rough savior. It basically means any decent vet Guard could have done a much better job in the first half of the season than an undersized rook with wide eyes.
They thought he would be covered by Tron and TFrederick... big mistake