Oh Commish your double standard is showing again

dooomsday

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1741212 said:
It is my contention that Andy Reid does not have to know that a plethora of guns and ammunition were found on his property. Furthermore, I do not believe that Andy Reid has to be aware of the fact that illegal drugs are being used and sold on property he owns.

My thoughts are based on parts of the conversation Mr. Goodell had with Michael Vick prior to the 2007 NFL Draft.

I don't remember the exact words the commissioner used when speaking with Michael Vick prior to the 2007 Draft, but the crux of the formal meeting was that a player is responsible if members of his family use said player's property to commit crimes.

To add, it was very interesting for a Dallas Local like myself to listen to 610 WIP over the Internet all this week. Appearantly, last week a couple of callers closer to the situation called into the show and told the hosts that it was pretty much common knowledge on the street that the Reid boys were participating in extremely illegal activity. Those same callers called back to throw out a big "I told you so" to the hosts after the story broke.

I know things can happen, but I would like to think that if my house had become a "Drug Emporium" and my kids had a stash of guns on my property that I would eventually find out about it. Now if my house was as big as Andy Reid's, it would probably take me a little longer :D .

- Mike G.

They found only prescribed meds and registered guns which throws your entire argument out the window.

I think we can agree Garrett Reid deserves at least 4 games.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741172 said:
so you're saying Reid allowed his son to run drugs out of HIS house? wow

It was going on clearly for years, if he didn't know he was was clueless. He damn well knew and supported these kids for years in his hose after high school.

Heck, Kids are getting DWI's and arrests in his cars in 2007

And poor ol Andy and Mom had no idea what these criminals were doing all along?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1741212 said:
It is my contention that Andy Reid does not have to know that a plethora of guns and ammunition were found on his property. Furthermore, I do not believe that Andy Reid has to be aware of the fact that illegal drugs are being used and sold on property he owns.

Reid's son sold drugs in the 'hood, not from the house

MickGreen said:
My thoughts are based on parts of the conversation Mr. Goodell had with Michael Vick prior to the 2007 NFL Draft.

I don't remember the exact words the commissioner used when speaking with Michael Vick prior to the 2007 Draft, but the crux of the formal meeting was that a player is responsible if members of his family use said player's property to commit crimes.

the Commissioner asked Vick if he was involved in dog-fighting, basically he caught wind of the rumors that were swirling for quite some time, and approached Vick about it, Vick denied it, the cruz was Vick and his role in it, not his cousin's role, in fact his cousin didn't come up until after the meeting, right before the investigation, Goodell and Vick's talk took place a month or 2 before that time

MickGreen said:
Now if my house was as big as Andy Reid's, it would probably take me a little longer :D .

- Mike G.

I wouldn't be suprised if his kid's rooms were on the upper story and he couldn't walk up the stairs LOL

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741219 said:
They found only prescribed meds and registered guns which throws your entire argument out the window.

I think we can agree Garrett Reid deserves at least 4 games.

Yes-some news articles say yes, some say no. Honestly-I don't know what to believe.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741232 said:
It was going on clearly for years, if he didn't know he was was clueless. He damn well knew and supported these kids for years in his hose after high school.

Heck, Kids are getting DWI's and arrests in his cars in 2007

And poor ol Andy and Mom had no idea what these criminals were doing all along?

yeah, Reid had the time to find out every single thing that his sons were up to

riiiight

you can't prove knowledge on Reid's part, you could yell it till you lose your voice, and you'd still have no proof

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741201 said:
Correct. He lives in what they call a mini mansion outside Philly. Giant home. His kids have been to college and back. They aren't still getting rides to school on dads way to work. They are adults. Period. There were no illegal drugs in his house.

I think its a shame. The kids are sick and the father is getting killed. I guess thats out society. Feel better at the expense of others.

Kids sick?

One on heroin runs red light and seriously injures a person. The other one pulls a gun on someone in a roid rage incident. Both were arrested after that to boot with DUI and failing drug tests. Then one of these wizards tries to smuggle drugs INTO Jail in his rectum pre trial and is caught. Charges for that pending.

These are menaces to my society and they belong in jail. No violins for this crew. We can Debate was Reid accountable. The kids are criminals. Sick?

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741245 said:
Kids sick?

One on heroin runs red light and seriously injures a person. The other one pulls a gun on someone in a roid rage incident. Both were arrested after that to boot with DUI and failing drug tests. Then one of these wizards tries to smuggle drugs INTO Jail in his rectum pre trial and is caught. Charges for that pending.

These are menaces to my society and they belong in jail. No violins for this crew. We can Debate was Reid accountable. The kids are criminals. Sick?

Why is everyone saying how "Reid is a GOOD man"? You should all know that he *ran up the score* on us a few times during his era.

Are you sure about this now?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741244 said:
yeah, Reid had the time to find out every single thing that his sons were up to

riiiight

you can't prove wrong-doing knowledge on Reid's part, you could yell it till you lose your voice, and you'd still have no proof

If he didn't know he is a really, really poor father.

These are not 1 single little "mistake" These are kids doing hardcore drugs and selling drugs and running with guns - for years.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Nors;1741245 said:
Kids sick?

Does any of that sound like they are well? They are drug addicts. Its a disease.

Wow, can you imagine kids on drugs? We should stone the parents and cane the kids. Or cane the kids and jail the parents. Or we should all get stoned. This is America!

They are criminals and are in jail. Whats that got to do with Andy?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Nors;1741247 said:
These are not 1 single little "mistake" These are kids doing hardcore drugs and selling drugs and running with guns - for years.
Kids my arse, they are grown adults. You have no idea what went on in his house, so stop acting like you do. I could see why you were banned from this site now.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741248 said:
Does any of that sound like they are well? Their are drug addicts. Its a disease.

Wow, can you imagine kids on drugs? We should stone the parents and cane the kids. Or cane the kids and jail the parents. Or we should all get stoned. This is America!

They are criminals and are in jail. Whats that got to do with Andy?

So does everyone who's experimented with drugs go on road rages, driving drunk in a Wal Mart parking lot nearly killing people, etc?

Are you saying Reid's kids should get a pass for this, just b/c they have a disease?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741247 said:
If he didn't know he is a really, really poor father.

poor father? I don't know about that, absentee father though? yes

certainly his father's success, money and absenteeism contributed majorly to his problem

utrunner07

Reaction score
blindzebra;1741009 said:
Now I have a certain amount of sympathy for the Reid family's situation, but had this been a player or a lesser coach I'm sure the league would be looking seriously at a suspension.

How can this situation not tarnish the league?

You have the constant neglect of family that goes with coaching.

You have the children of this coach doing wrong, right or wrong, that has to in some way reflect of Reid the man and father, and therefore negatively impacts the leagues image.

Now had his sons been screwing up on their own that would somewhat lessen Reid's role, but these kids were living in Reid's house, under his watch and his house was full of illegal drugs...now Vick was on the hot seat for owning the house where illegal activity was going on before his involvement became known, so how is this different?

If this were a player there would be a full investigation going on.

When Wade Wilson was up for the same offense as Rodney Harrison, even though Wilson's use of HGH gave him no on-field advantage, Wilson received a longer suspension...Goodell's quote, "Coaches will be held to a higher standard."

As we saw with Belichick and now with Reid that statement is a lie...only fringe coaches will be held to a higher standard, the big dogs get a slap on the wrist or skate completely.

RIDICULOUS! Goodell does enough stupid stuff that you don't have to make a HUGE stretch...I read this three times just to make sure I wasnt miss reading it...why would you punish him for something his grown son did?

dooomsday

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741251 said:
So does everyone who's experimented with drugs go on road rages, driving drunk in a Wal Mart parking lot nearly killing people, etc?

Are you saying Reid's kids should get a pass for this, just b/c they have a disease?

LOL, may I ask what you are on? What part of me calling them jailed criminals means I am giving them a pass.

Everyone who experiments with drugs are not drug addicts. Hope that answers ur question.

Does a glass house need windows?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think Reid's kids are sick, sick people don't go around selling drugs, Britt or whatever did it for the fun, I can see if he was hooked on drugs, and that's it, but he's making money off of other's addictions

addiction is a disease though

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741255 said:
LOL, may I ask what you are on? What part of me calling them jailed criminals means I am giving them a pass.

Everyone who experiments with drugs are not drug addicts. Hope that answers ur question.

Does a glass house need windows?

I'm actually quite surprised by how many people say "Reid is a GOOD man". You've seen his arrogant SOB attitude in recent years-that just sums it up right there.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741257 said:
I don't think Reid's kids are sick, sick people don't go around selling drugs, Britt or whatever did it for the fun, I can see if he was hooked on drugs, and that's it, but he's making money off of other's addictions

addiction is a disease though

Selling them to children and parents are despicable, which they did.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741260 said:
Selling them to children and parents are despicable, which they did.

LOL, you don't know who he sold them to, most likely he sold them to junkies, he's not a good guy, but don't go building him into a monster who exploited old women and children

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741266 said:
LOL, you don't know who he sold them to, most likely he sold them to junkies, he's not a good guy, but don't go building him into a monster who exploited old women and children

It was reported he did.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741268 said:
It was reported he did.

link? not necessarily because I don't believe you, I kinda don't anyways, but just because I haven't seen it, would be nice of you