Oh Theo -- It's Tashard Choice *Merge*

SMCowboy

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2057811 said:
Jerry completely lied or didnt follow his own advice when he told ed werder that we werent looking for backups to our 13 probowlers...

Really Jerry???

Felix - back up rb

This is where you are wrong, Felix Jones is a starting ATHLETE. Think Reggie Bush, he WILL see that type of time. He will lineup as a WR, a RB and as a returner. Rashard Mendenhall WOULD have been a backup RB. With felix Jones think Marshall Faulk/Steven Jackson or McCallister/Bush. Just Jerry Jones was smart enough to also get himself a quality backup RB when the Saints viewed Bush as their backup RB.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058017 said:
you never had a point, buddeh

Mendenhall is a part-time player in Pitt, he was going to be a part-time player in Dallas

Whatever dude....I'm sure you are comfortable in your mama's basement drinking Jerry's kool-aid.

wileedog

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057939 said:
My point is they are close.....Jones has never been a full time guy....EVER..

Neither was Barber in college. And who is our 'feature' back this year?

CPonder14

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2058034 said:
Whatever dude....I'm sure you are comfortable in your mama's basement drinking Jerry's kool-aid.

a lot better than being a grumpy old ****.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2058010 said:
It's no use....my orginal point is completely lost now.

I just think you need to use every pick wisely in the draft and Jones totally messed this up by drafting a guy who is a part-time player in the first round....which you will notice the best teams NEVER do. It's fine to draft one who will not be a full-timer early in the career, but they need to be ABLE to at some point, otherwise you are just playing catch up forever.

The New Orelans Saints had a GREAT year with Reggie Bush AND Chris McCallister. The issue is not having Bush/McCallister it was that they didn't have someone to backup McCallister. Jones was smart enough to get us someone to backup Marion Barber.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
CPonder14;2058043 said:
a lot better than being a grumpy old ****.

You think??? Funny, I am probably younger than you....is it the multi-syllabic words that are throwing you off?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
SMCowboy;2058051 said:
The New Orelans Saints had a GREAT year with Reggie Bush AND Chris McCallister. The issue is not having Bush/McCallister it was that they didn't have someone to backup McCallister. Jones was smart enough to get us someone to backup Marion Barber.

And what happend when McCallister went down?? My point is that third down backs should been taken late....sixth or seventh rounds, like the G-Men did with Bradshaw. If they take Mendenhall, they could use the fourth rounder on a guy like Monk or Rubin....two players they need.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2058057 said:
You think??? Funny, I am probably younger than you....is it the multi-syllabic words that are throwing you off?

I know you are crying you didn't get the pick you wanted, but please spare us all.

Eskimo

Reaction score
morasp;2058008 said:
Memo to Barber:

We wont be signing you to a 30 million dollar contract.

Also, for what it's worth, the draft insiders called Jones one of the most productive scat backs to come along in a while and the perfect compliment to a workhorse starter. I really think he was the perfect fit for us.

The $30M I could live with although I think $25M is more appropriate. I don't like the talk of $40M-60M that has been thrown out there.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2058062 said:
And what happend when McCallister went down?? My point is that third down backs should been taken late....fsixth or seventh rounds, like the G-Men did with Bradshaw.

Maybe they didn't feel like there was a RB with that kind of talent in the later rounds.

BigTimeCowboy

Reaction score
Not only do the majority of cowboys fans feel that Felix was better than Mendenhall, the scouting department owner and coaches of the cowboys feel the same way.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2058062 said:
And what happend when McCallister went down?? My point is that third down backs should been taken late....sixth or seventh rounds, like the G-Men did with Bradshaw. If they take Mendenhall, they could use the fourth rounder on a guy like Monk or Rubin....two players they need.

we want to draft players that will stick on the roster

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057974 said:
Mendenhall will run for about 10,000 more yards in his career than BREADSTICK Jones will...you can book it!!

Go eat some maple syrup and quit your whining :)

superpunk

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2058062 said:

There's a good chance that next year our RB stable consists of Felix Jones and Tashard Choice, and we have to draft a back in the 7th round for that third spot.

These were good picks, and protect us if we can't resign Barber.

Quit moaning.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Skip Peete: When you look at him, he's a guy that is a complete back. Ability to run inside and outside. Strong pass protector and pass receiver. When you watch him play he's a top back, but he just doesn't have the top top speed.

Very smart. Very tough player.

Good pass protector? Yes, he can step in on 3rd down. He played in a pro style offense. He understands blocking/pass protecting schemes. That's difficult for a rookie to learn. You watch this guy on 3rd and they do a lot of things we do on 3rd down (in terms of blocking).

Pass receiver? Very good out of the backfield. Understands how to run routes. Has done it well against good competition. If you look at the Miami game, he caught the ball well. Any time they had a blitz, he stepped up and blocked well.

Could you give it to him 20+ times a game? Yes, he's got good size. He's not slow. He carried the ball 25+ times in a games.

Needed another RB? Yes, we lost 2 guys in Julius and Tyson, so we had to replace both of them. Tashard Choice is a guy that I feel is a very talented back. Capable of carrying the ball 25 times a game. Very drastic style different from Felix. One is a downhill physical runner and Felix is a slasher with speed.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
CPonder14;2058068 said:
Maybe they didn't feel like there was a RB with that kind of talent in the later rounds.

That's fine....Mendenhall is more than capable of being a third down back as well. The Colts had a CFL'er and a UFA as there backups, the Pats had a first rounder and a couple of dinosaurs, and I already made mention of what the Packers and Giants had on there roster. Jones has spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to much to fill one position.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058017 said:
you never had a point, buddeh

Mendenhall is a part-time player in Pitt, he was going to be a part-time player in Dallas

I attempted to make this same point with some of the mendenhall crowd yesterday but it fell on deaf ears. Not only is Felix a better fit four our team, he has demonstrated prolonged production versus mendenhall's one and done season if you will. Not to mention Felix also is a two time all american, but hey, mendenhall sure does have a catchy name i guess.